PLS Logistics Services

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at PLS Logistics Services

Interview Details – Really unprofessional company. Took awhile to contact me after the phone interview. Eventually offered me a second interview which I declined due to the horrible reviews for the workplace. Everything seemed unprofessional and disorganized. From what I hear, the position is mostly commission based. Good for someone who thinks they could be a successful salesperson.

Interview Question – How would you feel working strictly for commission?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PLS Logistics Services in June 2014.

Interview Details – Fresh out of college, applied online and within the next day got a call to schedule a phone interview that week. Basic questions about my resume, education, and skills that i can bring to the company. Very quick overview of the position in which while my hand was trying to keep up and write down key points the recruiter was saying, she caught me off guard with the question "how do you feel about working on 100% commission" be ready for it. (20 min)

At the end she invited me to a face-to-face or Skype interview with the branch manager.
Do to my hectic schedule at the time i chose the Skype interview.

Pretty simple stuff, "tell me about yourself" "can you/how do you handle rejection" "what motivates you" "how do you feel about working with a team" "1-10 rate your multi-tasking abilities, how organized are you..." Talked about money & sports at the end, very cool BM who made me want the job even more. Emphasized numerous times that if you bust your tail, you'll make money. *They like to know you're competitive (45 min)

Got the job offer the next day. Asked to give me a week to review & decide. -Still reviewing my options but will make a decision soon.

I'm getting the vibe of long hours (7:15-5:30) and tedious work.
That the amount of income you make is solely based on how bad you want it. Sales isn't for everyone, you either have it or you don't.

Interview Question – "How do you feel about working on 100% commission"
"1-10 rate yourself questions" - i didn't really know what he meant on some of the questions he wanted me to rate. *Ask for clarification
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.
$38k base + uncapped commission.
90 day probation until you meet the quotas for 2-5 consecutive months, then base is dropped and 100% commission at 20%.

Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PLS Logistics Services in March 2014.

Interview Details – The Hiring process starts with a phone interview which is to screen you before going onto the next stage of the interview stage which is the skype interview. After the skype interview they want you to have another interview which would be at the office for which you are applying for.

Interview Question – What Makes you Unique?   Answer Question

Interviewed at PLS Logistics Services

Interview Details – Applied online, received a response very quickly. Phone Interview with basic questions about sales and why you'd be cut out for a sales position. Next was an in-person interview. First you take a typing assessment, map test, and a brief company information test, then you meet with the interviewer. Some similar questions to the phone interview, but more in-depth and not as structured. Process took about two weeks.

Interview Question – How do you handle rejection?   Answer Question

Cranberry Twp, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PLS Logistics Services in March 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume online and was called to set up phone interview. Basic questions, very informative, went pretty quick. Was invited to come to the office to interview. More intense interview but not bad. The process took about two weeks.

Interview Question – Overcoming adversity   Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PLS Logistics Services.

Interview Details – I submitted a resume online, was called the following day, and was given some information about the company. We scheduled a phone interview with a different person (most of it felt rehearsed and nothing was really tailored to individual candidates) which lasted under 20 minutes, and I was invited for an in-office interview. After the phone interview, I received an e-mail with a homework assignment and a note mentioning I would have an assessment on the US states, typing, and information about the industry. Day of the interview I wasn't asked for any of the things I was instructed to prepare. The interview itself was very casual, and the staff was even more casual (as in employees in flip flops and shorts). I spoke with the office manager for about 20-25 minutes, and then sat with an employee for another 20 minutes to see the function of the job. Both of them were expecting me to ask 100 questions, and the employees were all really happy in a Stepford Wives kind of way... It was a little strange. A couple days later I received an email saying I wasn't selected. They were incredibly prompt with all of their communications.

Interview Question – Honestly, the interviewer didn't ask the usual types of questions expected in an interview. He asked more about my previous work experience, how it would relate to the duties, and why I was interested in the company and the position.   Answer Question

Account Executive Trainee

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PLS Logistics Services.

Interview Details – Contacted through an online job post, and was called two days later to set up a phone interview for the end of the week. During the interview, the interviewer felt very rushed and started off by asking how I heard about the company, and how I would deal with rejection, and with the cold calling process. From then, she asked if I had any questions, which I asked a few standard interview questions about the company. After that she wrapped up the interview. It lasted maybe 10 minutes, and did not discuss my qualifications or resume whatsoever.

Interview Question – How would you deal with rejection?   Answer Question

Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at PLS Logistics Services.

Interview Details – Jax office. Met HR manager at school career fair. Initial phone interview typical questions- Your qualities, why you want to get into sales, etc. On-site interview included a short tour of the facility and interview with a manager (23yrs old). Yes they have a bball court and a small classroom, but the rest of the floor was packed with cubicles. Atmosphere was extremely laid-back. I got strange looks walking in with a suit and tie. Loud music, loud people, mostly low/mid 20's, but most employees seemed to enjoy the camaraderie and working environment. Not something that interested me. But after the on-site interview, the manager I met with arranged a final interview with his regional manager, which I assume is the last part of the process.

Oh and yes turnover is very high, but the manager claims its not just PLS, its the entire freight shipment industry. In PLS if you're not on track after 7 months, you're basically done and want to quit.

Interview Question – What are three other companies similar to ours?   View Answer

Account Executive Trainee

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at PLS Logistics Services.

Interview Details – Jax office. Met HR manager at school career fair. Initial phone interview typical questions- Your qualities, why you want to get into sales, etc. On-site interview included a short tour of the facility and interview with a manager (23yrs old). Yes they have a bball court and a small classroom, but the rest of the floor was packed with cubicles. Atmosphere was extremely laid-back. I got strange looks walking in with a suit and tie. Loud music, loud people, mostly low/mid 20 yr olds, but most employees seemed to enjoy the camaraderie and working environment. Not something that interested me. But after the on-site interview, the manager I met with arranged a final interview with his regional manager, which I assume is the last part of the process.

Interview Question – What do you know about the industry?   View Answer

Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PLS Logistics Services in March 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process is long and kind of annoying. I have had 2 in person interviews and 2 phone interviews with a 3rd in person interview on the way and still have no idea if I have a job with them or not. I am think the process is very unprofessional there should be a 3 interview maximum or at least give an indicator whether you have the job or if you are wasting your time.

Interview Question – questions were relatively easy mainly questions like, what are your weaknesses/strengths and why they should hire you.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PLS Logistics Services

Worked for PLS Logistics Services? Contribute to the Community!