PLS Logistics Services Account Executive Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.4

Account Executive Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at PLS Logistics Services.

Interview

Standard sales position interview. Started with a screening over the phone which introduced the position, followed by a phone interview, and lastly an interview on location (face to face). On location before interview, i shadowed a current employee to see the job first hand.

Interview Questions

• Explain background in sales and previous jobs and how that help prepare you for this position. One question that stuck out was in regards to what i expected out of the position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PLS Logistics Services

Account Executive Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PLS Logistics Services.

Interview

Standard phone interview with someone from Corporate in Cranberry, PA. I was called in for an interview at the South Side location. Upon arriving I was told I would have a skype interview with another person from corporate and then an interview with a manager in person right after. Once I was done with the skype interview, the secretary told me that the manager just went to a meeting that he would be in for the rest of the day. I was told to the would contact me about setting up an in person interview later in the week. I was contacted and they said they went with another applicant.
    Nice people, however I thought it was pretty unprofessional to have me drive an hour to just have a skype interview. I could have done that at home and not spend gas money that I don't have.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable making cold calls all day?
      Are you comfortable with %100 commission?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PLS Logistics Services (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

I thought that I would be talking to the person that I initially was talking to when I got the email and phone call. They send your information to someone else who gives the interview, but right off back the lady sounded disinterested plus noise in the background. They don't tell you about only having a base salary for a year if you last that long and then it is straight commission.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PLS Logistics Services (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The first stage of the interview is a phone interview. The interviewer will briefly review your resume, and then ask you a series of easy-to-answer questions regarding your ability to handle a high-pressure quota-driven sales environment. They will also ask you about your background knowledge of logistics.

If you pass the first screening, the next step is an in-person interview. This interview, which is accompanied by an assessment in U.S. geography and computer skills, doesn't really differ from the phone session in its content. Rather, the interview seems to be an attempt to assess cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• How do you foresee yourself handling the pressure of a quota-driven sales job?   Answer Question

Account Executive Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PLS Logistics Services.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview, and then a skype interview.
    The phone interview was easy, typical questions and causal, basically asking if you are comfortable cold-calling. The skype interview was easy as well, same kind of questions and not that professional.

Nice people I guess, because of the reviews on here it seems like a terrible job and the interviewers came off incompetent and not enthusiastic at all about talking to perspective employees.

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry Twp, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PLS Logistics Services (Cranberry Twp, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Once applying I received a phone call about setting up a phone interview. Following the phone interview I received the offer to come in for a face to face. In the interview I met with two different individuals and got to sit on the floor with an account executive and see what it is like. Seemed like an awesome work environment. The process was very quick and easy.

Account Executive Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PLS Logistics Services.

Interview

I met with a recruiter at my career fair and they said I would be contacted soon about interview options. Took about two/three weeks but ended up having a telephone interview and then a skype interview the week after. Both interviews were very conversational, getting to know you and your background.

Account Executive Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PLS Logistics Services.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted within a week. Set up a phone interview. Then a Skype interview with sales manager and a Skype interview with region sales manager. Whole process took two-three weeks but can be quicker. Non negotiable 38,000 base plus benefits. You make 80-100 cold calls a day. This is an inside sales job. If you can stick it out you will have a good sales foundation for other sales jobs. You can wear casual attire after you've been hired. Young crowd that works for the company. Sports and activities oriented workplace. If you can show them that you have a great personality and are ok with rejection and cold calling they will hire you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable 38,000 base plus benefits and commission. But commission comes later.

Application

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. First was a phone interview with an HR representative from the corporate office where we discussed my background as well as PLS and their business. Second was a Skype interview with a Sales Manager where we went into further detail on my experiences and how they would help me fit in at PLS. Compensation is non-negotiable at $38K/yr until you are 100% commissioned but includes health care.

Interview Questions

• What Motivates you? How would you feel working on 100% commission? What motivates you? How would you deal with failure/rejection?   Answer Question

Account Executive Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PLS Logistics Services in March 2015.

Interview

It all started with meeting a recruiter at my college job fair. He then contacted me through e-mail and asked me to e-mail him my resume. After that we completely lost connection, I thought he would be the person that would help me through the process but he turned it over to another recruiter. Strike one. She set up a phone interview with me, it was about thirty minutes, I put my heart and soul into the interview and she made it seem so positive, before we hung up she asked to schedule a skype interview with a sales manager to which of course I agreed. The day comes and he rings in, very casual looking dress, same questions that they tell you they're going to ask you in any college class. I felt like I exceeded what they wanted. Then that went well and I had a final interview with the regional sales manager, I talked with him for over 45 minutes the questions were back to back and not difficult but you needed to pretty much know what you were going to say before he even asked the questions. Here's the thing, they pump you up and make it seem very positive like you're going to get the job. Word of advice PLS: don't string potential candidates along. I was willing to do your 100 cold calls a day, and I was willing to relocate because the job market sucks and I'm about to graduate college. But, that's exactly it, they prey on new college graduates and it sucks, they make you believe you can make upwards to 80,000 a year then send you a five sentence e-mail saying they went with someone more qualified. How is someone more qualified for an entry-level position. I may be bitter, but I've been in sales for seven years and have done two years of cold calling WHILE IN COLLEGE. They want people who have never worked a day in their life so they can mold you to be little robots of theirs. Don't work for this company, and if you do get your experience and get out quick. After interviewing I spoke with current employees and they said I got lucky by not getting offered a job!

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with making 100 cold calls a day?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with rejection?   Answer Question
    • How could you be positive coming in every day if you don't make a sale in the past three days because that happens?   Answer Question