PLS Logistics Services Account Executive Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015
Updated Mar 20, 2015

2.5

Account Executive Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PLS Logistics Services.

Applied online, had a phone interview, and then a skype interview.
The phone interview was easy, typical questions and causal, basically asking if you are comfortable cold-calling. The skype interview was easy as well, same kind of questions and not that professional.

Nice people I guess, because of the reviews on here it seems like a terrible job and the interviewers came off incompetent and not enthusiastic at all about talking to perspective employees.

Other Interview Reviews for PLS Logistics Services

Account Executive Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PLS Logistics Services.

I met with a recruiter at my career fair and they said I would be contacted soon about interview options. Took about two/three weeks but ended up having a telephone interview and then a skype interview the week after. Both interviews were very conversational, getting to know you and your background.

Account Executive Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PLS Logistics Services.

Applied online. Was contacted within a week. Set up a phone interview. Then a Skype interview with sales manager and a Skype interview with region sales manager. Whole process took two-three weeks but can be quicker. Non negotiable 38,000 base plus benefits. You make 80-100 cold calls a day. This is an inside sales job. If you can stick it out you will have a good sales foundation for other sales jobs. You can wear casual attire after you've been hired. Young crowd that works for the company. Sports and activities oriented workplace. If you can show them that you have a great personality and are ok with rejection and cold calling they will hire you.

Interview Questions
    Non negotiable 38,000 base plus benefits and commission. But commission comes later.

Account Executive Trainee Interview

Two rounds of interviews. First was a phone interview with an HR representative from the corporate office where we discussed my background as well as PLS and their business. Second was a Skype interview with a Sales Manager where we went into further detail on my experiences and how they would help me fit in at PLS. Compensation is non-negotiable at $38K/yr until you are 100% commissioned but includes health care.

Interview Questions
    • What Motivates you? How would you feel working on 100% commission? What motivates you? How would you deal with failure/rejection?   Answer Question

Account Executive Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PLS Logistics Services in March 2015.

I was contacted by a recruiter about the position and then I was able to meet with her and ask a few questions. The first step is a phone interview. Be prepared to talk about yourself and your career goals as well as why you are interested in PLS. They also ask you if you are comfortable with cold calls and 100 percent commission.

Account Executive Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PLS Logistics Services in February 2015.

First round was on the phone, second round was via Skype.

Phone: Be prepared to talk about yourself, PLS, and what you want to do in your career.
    Skype: The managers I talked to made the interview very comfortable. It is a young company environment, so I felt right at home talking to the interviewers

Interview Questions
    • Give me a quick two minute summary of your résumé.
      What motivates you and why?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

15 minutes phone interview, asked some behavior questions, mostly can be found at Glassdoor. The interviewer was nice, didn't ask any difficult questions. But she didn't talk about anything related ti my resume. Even no introduction needed.

Account Executive Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PLS Logistics Services.

Applied online, phone screening then final Skype interview with 2 sales managers. Overall pretty laid back were very nice and it took only 2 days to get back to me with an offer.

No negotiation, set 38 k + commission

Account Executive Trainee Interview

The interview was very professional. They have you dress business professional but that was the last time I wore my suit while at PLS. I was taken by an HR girl to a random room with a computer to complete a typing assessment and finish some application paperwork. Then we went to another room where I spoke to Jordan, one of the managers. He was very professional. He explained the job a bit more. Then they had me shadow someone at their desk right away to get an idea of what this job was. It seemed pretty simple at first. Then Frank came and got me and we went into the other room and talked some more. The questions were mostly about my history and what I thought about the job position so far.
    Two days later, I got a call that I was hired. As of today, I have been with the company for over 6 months.

Interview Questions
    • If you were shrunk down to the size of a pen and put in a blended, how would you get out?   View Answer
    It is 38k base pay plus benefits. After you hit 5k margin in sales in one month, you get a % commission. But that's not for at least 4-5 months with the company

Account Executive Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PLS Logistics Services in January 2015.

I just did the phone interview. They went over my resume briefly and asked basic questions:
    Describe a time that you set a goal and accomplished it.
    How comfortable are you with cold calls?
    How comfortable are you with 100% commission?
    What is your long term professional goal?

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too complex. probably the hardest was question was to describe a time when you had a challenge and how did you over come it.   Answer Question