Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at PLX Technology
- Software Engineer I (1)
- Intern (1)
- Senior Verification Engineer (1)
- Senior ASIC Verification Engineer (1)
- Accepted OfferEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PLX Technology (Sunnyvale, CA).
I worked thru an job agent to contact this company many years ago. The interview was split into to times each being a 3 hour session toward the end of the day. Being a small company they asked me to talk to the VP of engineering, director of design engineering, manager of verification, the latter being my upcoming direct manager.
- There was no really difficult question. If I remember clearly, maybe questions on RTL coding style, like always @(posedge clk, reset_active) begin if(reset_active) do somthing else do something end vs: always @(posedge clk, reset_active) begin if(!reset_active) do something else do something end What is the difference in above two impl's. Answer Question
I specified to my agent and the agent handled it nicely. So I got initially satisfied and took the offer (unfortunately after that for almost 10 good years my raise was virtually nil, which pissed me off big time, for my honesty and faithfulness to the company)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PLX Technology (Bangalore (India)) in October 2013.
I was contacted via Monster India and a telephonic preliminary round was scheduled right away. The position was that of a Java Swing Developer and the preliminary round had the Senior Software Engineer asking me questions about the basics of Object Oriented programming. This was followed by another interview the next day by the Software Tech Lead, who asked me questions regarding basics of Embedded Systems- diff.b/w controller and microprocessor, basics of Data Structures and Operating Systems. After this I has a talk with the Director of Software Engineering, who sits in USA I was then asked to come for a face to face interview at Bangalore, and my travel expenses were borne by the company. Face to face round consisted of three interactions. The first one was with the Senior Software Engineer, who gave me certain design based questions. The Java API documentation had been made available to me. The second was with the Software Tech Lead, who again gave me some design problems based on data structures. Finally, I had a talk with HR regarding compensation expected, benefits and company policies. I was made an offer within 4 working days of this process
- "Write an application that allows you to determine duplicate .exe virus folders in your computer's file system and delete the same." 1 Answer
I was asked how much I was expecting. I talked about relocation assistance. Final offer consisted of a good joining bonus and a package more than what I had asked for. What they offered was at par with the industry standard.
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PLX Technology (Mangalore (India)) in April 2013.
The came to our college. Initially there was ppt and cut of was placed at 8 cgpa. Students were interviewed, Few of us got two rounds of interview. The selected only from those who has got two interviews. The questions were mainly from computer communication and computer networks, programming,etc...
- Everything are easy. Only thing is you need to prepare and go Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PLX Technology (Bangalore (India)) in March 2013.
Simple and nice cool. Very simple questions and basics to deal with.
- What is a parametrized class? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review