1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Senior Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PLX Technology (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

I worked thru an job agent to contact this company many years ago. The interview was split into to times each being a 3 hour session toward the end of the day. Being a small company they asked me to talk to the VP of engineering, director of design engineering, manager of verification, the latter being my upcoming direct manager.

Interview Questions

• There was no really difficult question. If I remember clearly, maybe questions on RTL coding style, like always @(posedge clk, reset_active) begin if(reset_active) do somthing else do something end vs: always @(posedge clk, reset_active) begin if(!reset_active) do something else do something end What is the difference in above two impl's.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I specified to my agent and the agent handled it nicely. So I got initially satisfied and took the offer (unfortunately after that for almost 10 good years my raise was virtually nil, which pissed me off big time, for my honesty and faithfulness to the company)