PMC Dayton

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PMC Dayton in April 2013.

Interview Details – They do 3 interviews at this company. I was called by the hr person to setup a preliminary interview. He was very nice and answered all of my questions (I had a lot). The interview was short but informative, the manager answered all of my questions in a very direct manner and asked me a few questions about myself.

She invited me in for the job shadow interview. I was a bit nervous for this since I had never done an interview like this. The guy i shadowed/interviewed with made me feel very at ease and thoroughly went over every aspect of the position with me including what he does day to day. I actually really enjoyed the day and am glad that I decided to go.

The final interview was with the manager again and we discussed the day with the account manager and my feelings on the day. All in all it was a great experience even though I decided not to take the position (I ended up getting a scholarship to grad school and I decided to do that instead).

Reason for Declining – Decided to go to grad school instead of joining the job market.

Interviewed at PMC Dayton

Interview Details – they don't tell you it is a door to door sales position until you are with them in the car and go to a neighborhood where you have to go down and walk door to door and sell AT&T u-verse.
interview questions very brief and short. first interview was about 5 minutes only.

Interview Question – N/A   View Answer

Miamisburg, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PMC Dayton in May 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and was called the next day by the HR guy to setup an interview. He asked me a few questions and gave me a brief overview of the position. I came in the next day and met with the manager and she asked me about my resume and also spoke a little about the position. The whole interview took about 20 minutes.

She invited me in for a 2nd interview job shadow for 2 days later. I came in and spoke with the HR guy again for a few minutes while I waited for the interview. I really enjoyed the job shadow because it allowed me to get a feel for the vibe of the office and to see if the position was right for me. My interviewer was really personable and professional and answered all of my questions and really detailed the management training program, which is what I was most interested in.

All in all I really enjoyed the experience and wish that more companies would do a job shadow type interview so that you can get a feel for the position before you choose to accept it or not.

Interview Question – What is your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was for a starting date and hours since I'm finishing up with university.

PMC DaytonMarketing/Sales/Trainer Interview Interview

PMC DaytonMarketing/Sales/Trainer Interview
Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at PMC Dayton in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online over the weekend like most people I think, and I received a call 2 days later where they asked me some basic questions about full time and invited me for a 1:1 interview the next day. This sounds similar to what the person before me described, however much more professional. I got an email with some more information about the company. I came in and filled out paperwork and talked with a manager for like 15-20 minutes. She discussed the management development program and gave me info about the company and their goals as well as asked typical interview questions. I was invited back to a 2nd interview 2 days later. There were like 3 or 4 other people there for a 2nd interview when I came back which was kind of a intimidating. On my second interview he explained to me the program and the account manager position. They told me I would get a call if they were interested in continuing. I got a call later at which point they offered me the position, and I accepted! I felt like I really understood where I could grow and the experience I could gain. So I really didn't have any surprises when I started. I was the only person from the room of second interviews that was hired.

Interview Question – Throughout my second interview, the interviewer and I would discuss a topic about the position and he asked me to explain it to him later. It totally kept me on my toes...   Answer Question

Account Manager

The process took 2 days - interviewed at PMC Dayton.

Interview Details – After reading the site and curious about the company, I sent an email to HR with my resume attached. This was on a Friday.

Mon -Email response from HR. I was to call the number provided to set up an interview. Why did they not just call me to set up an interview? Another red flag? Nice HR man. Basic questions over the phone. We set up an interview for the next day, Tuesday.

Tues - Business professional dress. Greeted by a man at a desk right inside the door. After his introduction, turns out he was the HR man. Hmm...an HR person sitting at the front desk greeting visitors? Two other people were there, a young guy around my age dressed in business attire and an older lady dressed casually with equally as casual heeled boots. Hmm...

I filled out papers. While waiting, a handsome interviewee came out from a hallway with a voice following him saying, "See you tomorrow." Young guy and casual lady were called back. I continued small talk with HR man.

A guy called my name and we went back to a room. He asked normal interview questions, told me about the company and what they were looking for. Friendly guy, we shared a few laughs about our interests. I was offered a second 2-hour long interview either later that day or the next day, which I chose. He gave me a paper generalizing company info and the position. At home, I prepared questions and researched more, finding this website. Though reviews are good, I also found people felt they were deceived in the interview process and this job may be different than advertised.

Wed - Another paper to fill out: contact info and recent/current job info, along with an available start date, to which I put the coming Monday.

Handsome interviewee came in. We waited, HR man got up and handsome interviewee caught up to him, bluntly asking, "Is this a sales job?" "Yes," "Well, I don't think this is for me." "Ok, that's fine." said HR man in a friendly tone. Handsome interviewee came back, heading straight for the door. With a glance back at those of us still remaining, I waved to him with a small smile and he said, "See ya." Even though it's been a few days, I still wish I would have followed him, haha.

My turn to interview. A current employee drove. He asked me things from my resume but had some of my info wrong/mixed up (red flag...wow even after I stopped counting I can tell I've encountered a lot so far). I can understand people scanning over resumes to get a quick overview, but the least you can do is get my educational institution correct (especially when it was the same as your own, which I later found out).

We went to a restaurant. He asked what set me apart from other candidates and the like, told me about the company, everyone's pay, and FINALLY that the job was selling AT&T U-verse to people and businesses. The hours were 11-8. I asked questions and we went back to the company. I received a sheet rating the interviewer and asking me to explain specific topics discussed; it was similar to a school quiz, pay attention and it's easy. I then waited for my final interview, it was with HR man. We went back to the room I was in the previous day.

He asked about my interview and what I could and couldn't relate to at the company. I responded and added I had not thought I would ever be a salesperson "Me either, but here I am" he replied. How strange. I knew they said everyone started at the same position as Account Manager, a very covered way of saying Salesperson, but wow he was the HR man, front desk receptionist, and salesman. I understand wearing multiple hats at smaller companies but...

Afterwards, he and my 2nd interviewer evaluated me. I don't think they discussed much because they came into the room not even a minute later. HR man scanned my papers and "contemplated," then said, "Wellll after evaluation, we'd like to offer you the job-" I was prepared to ask if I could consider the offer, but never got a word out before he continued, "-and I see you can start Monday, congratulations!" In a bit of a mind-blank from the abruptness of the whole 5 or so minutes, the 2nd interviewer said he would be my trainer and we all walked out to the main lobby area.

New trainer walked me out and said he would be in contact but he never contacted me to touch base. I was ok with that, I figured he was pretty busy (you know, working those 11-8 hours and all) but before Monday rolled around, I declined the position. It was the weekend. I sent an email. They never even replied. So much for that I guess. I'm happily enjoying having free time in the afternoons and not having to visit the houses of strangers.

TL;DR - Friendly people, desperate company, weird hours. You sell AT&T U-verse. They won't tell you upfront and will take you through most of the interview process before you even know exactly what you're getting into. If you want to do sales and going to people's houses, working on commission, cool. If you don't, please search for something else.

Interview Question – None were difficult or unexpected, all were basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got the offer but declined because they were not upfront with the position until the second interview. They do not tell you it it strictly sales until you are actually there.

Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at PMC Dayton in July 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the job because I was interested in trying something "different" - even though I wasn't sure what "different" was. I worked in retail for most of my life so when I saw the ad that said I didn't need marketing experience and that they would train me, I thought to myself, why not? I'll give it a shot.

I really enjoyed the interview process. They break it down into 3 interviews. The preliminary interview was a gentleman asking me about my leadership ability, why I wanted to switch careers and how well that I interact with others. He invited me to do the 2nd interview a few days later.

The 2nd interview was with someone else who spent a lot longer with me and broke down exactly what it is that he does on a daily basis. He went over the promotion structure and the pay with my - not just for the account manager position, but for assistant manger, etc. He also shared with me his goals and why he works with PMC.

The final interview was with the owner of the company who asked me a few general questions about my experience during the interview process. Over all I feel that the interview process was different than anything I had done before because they took the time to get to know me and really explain the opportunity in the position.

Interview Question – What would your best friends tell me about you if you were not here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was minimal, just when I would I prefer to start.

Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PMC Dayton in December 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, got a call and came in for a brief interview. The gentleman at the front desk was welcomeing and very nice. I meet for a one on one interview with the manager of the company. She was also nice and informative. We briefly talked about my job history and about myself. She went over the company and it sounds really exciting and fun. They are looked to grow and expand in the year to come and from what I see from the atmosphere of the company, they are energetic and enthusiastic about where they work. All positive vibes and they made me feel very good about the interview process.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself, I find it hard to talk about myself. But, I was able to give a great impression.   Answer Question

Entry Level Marketing and Sales Position Interview

Entry Level Marketing and Sales Position
Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PMC Dayton in August 2012.

Interview Details – I graduated from college with a major in something different than marketing and sales. I applied for the job because they state that you can have any background and that wont matter. They ask you to bring 2 copies of your resume and dress professional. During the first interview they ask you very basic and very straight forward answers. Nothing to serious. Then depending on how you do they ask you to come back for a second interview right on the spot for job shadowing. What they don't tell you is that the 7 hour job shadowing is door to door sales. They wont discuss hours or pay with you until the third round interview.

I didn't feel like door to door sales what right for me. I didn't spend 5 years in college to go knocking on peoples doors. I really wish they would have informed you of that upfront.

If you try and call and talk to them about it ahead of time they are very evasive and coax you into coming for the 7 hours and then wont discuss with you anything until the third round. I feel that they do this to get 7 hours of free labor out of you.

Interview Question – If you would pick anyone in the world to be a great example of leadership who would it be?   View Answer

Miamisburg, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PMC Dayton in August 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was quick. After submitting my application I was contacted less than a day later to set up the initial interview. They tell you to dress in business attire and bring 2 copies of your resume (which is common sense). The interview is supposed to last 20 minutes, but I was only asked 3 questions and they didn't ask about my prior work history. Mainly they just talked about AT&T Uverse. After the first interview, they invite you back for a second interview (job shadow).

Interview Question – Rank the following according to importance: money, opportunities for advancement and work atmosphere.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't get to the offer yet, because they want you to come back for a second interview (job shadow) and from what I've read on the internet all you do is drive out and do door to door sales for 7 hours.

Dayton, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PMC Dayton in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was basic and straight to the point. I was happy with the way the handled the interview process. The interview process was basic and straight to the point. I was happy with the way the handled the interview process. The interview process was basic and straight to the point. I was happy with the way the handled the interview process.

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was basic.

Worked for PMC Dayton? Contribute to the Community!