PMC-Sierra Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Aug 6, 2014

3.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Firmware Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PMC-Sierra.

30 Minute phone interview asking basic questions about C programming.

Interview Questions

Low pay for location, got better offer elsewhere, rumor has it that PMC is a terrible place to work.

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PMC-Sierra in September 2012.

There is no telephone interview for this positon. I was contacted by email and asked for a 1 hour onsite interview.
    A lot of behaviour interview questions are asked at the beginning and then followed by a lot of technical questions.
    After 1 hour talking, there is a 30 - min quizze. I dont have enough time to finish it . It has software, hardware, firmware questions.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of questions are very detailed. If you did not work in a specific area before, you will not be able to answer it.   Answer Question

Product Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at PMC-Sierra in January 2011.

Applied on-line. Had a phone interview and then on-site interview with 5-6 managers. Whole process took 4-5 hours. Interview included technical, behavioral and ASIC design questions.

Interview Questions
    • How to vary silicon process to achieve low power dissipation   View Answer

DSP Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at PMC-Sierra in September 2010.

The company usually conduct 4 interviews on an average. You are interviewed by leads in BC (HQ) as well as in Montreal.

My first interview was with a lead from BC, he was friendly and was mostly interested in my background. Asked me basic DSP question (If you are familiar with basic concepts this is straightforward)

This job requires the knowledge of digital design, which was the theme of my 2nd interview.

Overall, I'd say the interview process intense but not difficult.

Interview Questions
    • The interview is personalized and strongly dependent on background.   View Answer

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PMC-Sierra in April 2010.

A lot of personality questions were asked by the manager, followed by a systematic technical test, which is hard for a new grad. The whole interview was about 2 hours.

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PMC-Sierra in February 2010.

The HR contacted me for the position to schedule a phone interview in the next few days. The phone interview was scheduled for 45 mins.
    The interviewer asked several basic coding questions including reversing a linked list and many bit manipulation questions. Also a simple math related question at the end

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PMC-Sierra in March 2008.

Phone screening and one full day onsite interview.

Easy to negotiate.

Worked for PMC-Sierra? Contribute to the Community!