Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at PMC-Sierra
- Firmware Engineer (5)
- Product Design Engineer (4)
- Engineering (4)
- Verification Engineer (3)
- Design Engineer (3)
- Systems Validation Engineer (3)
- Applications Engineer (2)
- Intern (1)
- Software Development Intern (1)
- Software Engineer Intern (1)
- Senior Engineer (1)
- Senior Product Manager (1)
- Product Verification Engineer (1)
- Systems Validation Design Engineer (1)
- Firmware Design Engineer (1)
- Leader, Product Development (1)
- Mixed Signal Engineer (1)
- Analog Mixed Signal IC Design Engineer (1)
- DSP Digital Design Engineer (1)
- ASIC Verification/Design Engineer (1)
- Firmware Engineer Intern (1)
- ASIC DesignEngineer (1)
- Firmware Engineer Coop (1)
- Product Design Engineer Co-op (1)
Firmware Engineer Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week – interviewed at PMC-Sierra (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2012.
One phone screen with simple technical question, and then a on-site interview.
- Link listed, data structure Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for PMC-Sierra
Firmware Engineer InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at PMC-Sierra (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2011.
There were initially two phone screen interviews. Onsite interview consist of 5 engineers follow by manager. I was surprise that all engineers was asking questions in a way that they want to prove that you know nothing. There was not match between position and questions that they were asking. Typical question was how DDR memory identify in the system? How OS knows how much memory you plugged in DDR slot? What is the algorithm behind that? I don't know how that group was managed? All the guys were there from previous acquired company. I strongly believe that if you don't have any job then appear for this company's interview.
- How OS identify how much DDR is there? 1 Answer
Firmware Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at PMC-Sierra (Rochester, MN) in June 2009.
Phone interview with HR, Phone interview with Technical lead, Onsite interview with hiring manager
- Hardware related question 1 Answer
Not much, accepted offer since out of job
Firmware Engineer InterviewDeclined OfferEasy Interview
I applied through college or university – interviewed at PMC-Sierra.
30 Minute phone interview asking basic questions about C programming.
Reasons for Declining
Low pay for location, got better offer elsewhere, rumor has it that PMC is a terrible place to work.
Firmware Engineer InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day – interviewed at PMC-Sierra in November 2011.
The Interview was straight forward. It was a phone interview screening. During that time the questions covered the basics of Firmware and Software. The manager I talked to was polite. After each question he responded back with the answer to the question. He also explained the typical tasks that are required for the position. Afterwards he provided a list of topics to help prepare for the on-site interview.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review