PMC-Sierra Firmware Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at PMC-Sierra (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

One phone screen with simple technical question, and then a on-site interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PMC-Sierra

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PMC-Sierra (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

There were initially two phone screen interviews. Onsite interview consist of 5 engineers follow by manager. I was surprise that all engineers was asking questions in a way that they want to prove that you know nothing. There was not match between position and questions that they were asking. Typical question was how DDR memory identify in the system? How OS knows how much memory you plugged in DDR slot? What is the algorithm behind that? I don't know how that group was managed? All the guys were there from previous acquired company. I strongly believe that if you don't have any job then appear for this company's interview.

Interview Questions

• How OS identify how much DDR is there?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at PMC-Sierra (Rochester, MN) in June 2009.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, Phone interview with Technical lead, Onsite interview with hiring manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much, accepted offer since out of job

Firmware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PMC-Sierra.

Interview

30 Minute phone interview asking basic questions about C programming.

Interview Questions

• What is volatile keyword?   1 Answer
    • What is static and const mean?   1 Answer

Low pay for location, got better offer elsewhere, rumor has it that PMC is a terrible place to work.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PMC-Sierra in November 2011.

Interview

The Interview was straight forward. It was a phone interview screening. During that time the questions covered the basics of Firmware and Software. The manager I talked to was polite. After each question he responded back with the answer to the question. He also explained the typical tasks that are required for the position. Afterwards he provided a list of topics to help prepare for the on-site interview.