PMC-Sierra Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 6, 2014
35 interviews

3.3

Product Design Engineer Co-op Interview

HR is very friendly, keeps you updated and makes it a smooth process. The interviewers are extremely good and they make you feel comfortable. They value your preference and what you would like to do.

Interview Questions
    • Not very difficult - the questions were conceptual and approachable.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

interviewed with another team but the manager from another team had one hour of the interview and ended up giving me an offer. the original interview was pretty technical but the one who hired me was pretty easy. showed me around and explained what the position was bout. overall not too difficult. basic VLSI stuff.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at PMC-Sierra.

I was hired full time from an intern. Intern interview was very easy. Just got interviewed by 1 engineer and a manager. I was asked few QA concepts, and some questions on my coursework. Nothing major. With manager it was more about the work team was doing.

ASIC DesignEngineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Roseville, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at PMC-Sierra in June 2012.

One phone interview, and one on-site

Interview Questions
    • Everything about metastability, fsm. FIFO buffer in CDC. Setup time, hold time equations. Questions on counters and how to make synchronous and asynchronous counters using JKFF.

On site is 8 rounds 45 min each. It was tiring but everyone is welcoming and very knowledgeable.

Beware of an Indian Guy. He was very rude.He asked me to present code for my verilog projects instead of questions. He asked me several questions one after another with a time lag of like 4 seconds and would not let me answer them. He then left making disappointing comments. It was my last round of interview

everyone apart from him were great.
        Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at PMC-Sierra.

phone interview for 90 mins. Two senior firmware engineers interviewed with mostly C programming questions viz. different types of storage classes. Use of volatile declaration. pointer to a function prototype. sizeof, tricky array questions and pointer related questions.

No negotiation

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at PMC-Sierra in June 2009.

Phone interview with HR, Phone interview with Technical lead, Onsite interview with hiring manager

Interview Questions
    Not much, accepted offer since out of job

Firmware Design Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 10 months - interviewed at PMC-Sierra.

Their interview process sucks big time. They schedule an interview time and don't call. You get tired of waiting with no call and you get email saying they want to reschedule. I have had two interviewer did that to me. After interview they would not tell you the outcome. There is an indian guy and he is very arrogant and he keeps asking you same question and irritate you to death. I think he just tries to make himself superior.

Software Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at PMC-Sierra.

First I got a call for 15 minutes from the hiring manager . the call lasted for 20 minutes. Manager asked me about my interests and my desires to work at system level.
    Next round was on-site. I was interviewed by 4 team members including Manager, senior manager and team leader. The questions included concepts on OS and C programming.

Interview Questions
    • How will threads work in multi-core processors.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PMC-Sierra in October 2012.

One phone screen with simple technical question, and then a on-site interview.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PMC-Sierra in October 2011.

1) Telephonic interview. (30 minutes approximately)
    2) Face to face interview with manager and 2 team members.(1 hour each)

A rise upto 4% of base salary. No negotiation for benefits

Worked for PMC-Sierra? Contribute to the Community!