PMT Ambulance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Dispatch Interview

Dispatch
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at PMT Ambulance in September 2009.

Interview Details – When I went in for my interview I had it with just the dispatch manager and it was very informal. He went over the history of PMT Ambulance, what cities that we cover for 911, what hours and days I would be expected to be available for, what my duties are as a dispatcher and if I had any questions for him.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation with what they were going to start me at.

Very Easy Interview

EMT/Paramedic/Nurse Interview

EMT/Paramedic/Nurse

I applied in-person and interviewed at PMT Ambulance.

Interview Details – Place your application and wait a couple weeks. They call you in for an interview and your hired! (seriously people, usually if you get an interview you get the job) As awesome as this sounds it really is not. In this day and age there are quite a few of...undesirables. The way this company filters them out is baptism by fire, of course this company tries to filter everybody out in favor of new people they can pay even less. But that aside, it is not beneficial to the work place when the undesirable person starts creating problems whether its that they do not know what they are doing, can not lift the gurney, has no cleaning ability, (which is huge in this field) no people skills or is just plain rude to everybody they meet. There are quite a few people there at the beginning that are not qualified to do this job.

Interview Question – The only question is when can you start. (again I am completely serous about that)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation phase, they tell you what you will be making and that is final. They even go as far as to tell you during the orientation that you, the employee, come a "dime a dozen" and can be replaced in an instant.

Worked for PMT Ambulance? Contribute to the Community!