PNC Financial Services Group

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – Met once on campus and then invited to the superday. The night before the interviews, there was a large "networking" event with drinks and food. Everyone is very friendly and open to talking to whomever, though there are more candidates than expected. Next morning, 3 straight interviews with 3 friendly people within the company. Not very intimidating, but kind of puzzling. Got the idea that they already had which candidates they wanted in mind before the interview

Interview Question – All fairly simple   Answer Question

Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted after applying throught the University website. Then went face-2-face with a former ACCEL person who is a manager with PNC. Passed and after 3 weeks, was asked to take an on-line personnality. After that I was flown out to Pittsburgh, PA.

Day 1, meet and greet the people you will be interviewing with as well as learn more about the company and the role. Day 2 was the interview. 3 back-to-back interviews.

I know I did well, but it came down to me being there backup plan if no one accepted the initial offers. I say proceed with caution. Even though you see 60 people, there only looking for 6.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge you faced and how you overcame it?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had to motivate someone to do something they did not want to do?   Answer Question
  • Do you have any unproductive habits?   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time you gave a presentation or had to share information with your team?   View Answer

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2010.

Interview Details – There were three back to back interviews with different managers in the area. They asked very standard questions (describe a time when you made a presentation, describe a time you had a conflict)

Interview Question – Describe a presentation you gave   Answer Question

Boca Raton, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2010.

Interview Details – They basically ask you about situations and how you have responded in the past... like give an example when you had to give bad news to someone...

Interview Questions

Accel Program

The process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – Asked basic behavioral questions and wanted to know about past experiences, resume, personality

Interview Question – What do you think makes PNC different?   Answer Question

Accel Program

The process took 3 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – I had 1 interview at my Career Services Office and was flown out for their Super Day for the final round interview. The interview process was not intimidating, but it was extremely peculiar. First you had a meet and greet the night before. Then you were in group of three and rotated amongst three interviewers. The setup was as if you were at a career fair with a drape/cloth hanging in between each person. It made the conversation inpersonal and difficult because you could hear what everyone was saying.

Interview Question – Can you name a time when you had to explain something technical to someone?   View Answer

Accel Program

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2010.

Interview Details – 1st interview consisted of a dinner beforehand, then a 1:1 interview. Second rounds consisted of a superday where had a presentation and networking event the night before the interviews. 3 interviews the next day. Everyone was nice and very positive.

Interview Question – Mostly sales, teamwork, and networking behavioral questions. Pretty standard. Be ready with good, concrete examples.   Answer Question

Accel Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2010.

Interview Details – I thought I had a great interview with both interviewers connecting with me. It took them a long time to respond to me. Tried to contact them with phone and e-mail and got one response days later that was generic. I still do not know what they were looking for in the interview because I feel I answered all of the questions openly and with details but still got rejected for even a second round interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to enforce rules or regulations that were difficult to enforce.   Answer Question

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!