PNC Financial Services Group Accel Program Interview Questions

2.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2012.

Met once on campus and then invited to the superday. The night before the interviews, there was a large "networking" event with drinks and food. Everyone is very friendly and open to talking to whomever, though there are more candidates than expected. Next morning, 3 straight interviews with 3 friendly people within the company. Not very intimidating, but kind of puzzling. Got the idea that they already had which candidates they wanted in mind before the interview

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2012.

I was contacted after applying throught the University website. Then went face-2-face with a former ACCEL person who is a manager with PNC. Passed and after 3 weeks, was asked to take an on-line personnality. After that I was flown out to Pittsburgh, PA.

Day 1, meet and greet the people you will be interviewing with as well as learn more about the company and the role. Day 2 was the interview. 3 back-to-back interviews.

I know I did well, but it came down to me being there backup plan if no one accepted the initial offers. I say proceed with caution. Even though you see 60 people, there only looking for 6.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a challenge you faced and how you overcame it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to motivate someone to do something they did not want to do?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any unproductive habits?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time you gave a presentation or had to share information with your team?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2010.

There were three back to back interviews with different managers in the area. They asked very standard questions (describe a time when you made a presentation, describe a time you had a conflict)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

They basically ask you about situations and how you have responded in the past... like give an example when you had to give bad news to someone...

Accel Program Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2012.

Asked basic behavioral questions and wanted to know about past experiences, resume, personality

Accel Program Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2011.

I had 1 interview at my Career Services Office and was flown out for their Super Day for the final round interview. The interview process was not intimidating, but it was extremely peculiar. First you had a meet and greet the night before. Then you were in group of three and rotated amongst three interviewers. The setup was as if you were at a career fair with a drape/cloth hanging in between each person. It made the conversation inpersonal and difficult because you could hear what everyone was saying.

Interview Questions
    • Can you name a time when you had to explain something technical to someone?   View Answer

Accel Program Interview

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2010.

1st interview consisted of a dinner beforehand, then a 1:1 interview. Second rounds consisted of a superday where had a presentation and networking event the night before the interviews. 3 interviews the next day. Everyone was nice and very positive.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly sales, teamwork, and networking behavioral questions. Pretty standard. Be ready with good, concrete examples.   Answer Question

Accel Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2010.

I thought I had a great interview with both interviewers connecting with me. It took them a long time to respond to me. Tried to contact them with phone and e-mail and got one response days later that was generic. I still do not know what they were looking for in the interview because I feel I answered all of the questions openly and with details but still got rejected for even a second round interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to enforce rules or regulations that were difficult to enforce.   Answer Question

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!