PNC Financial Services Group Bank Teller Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015
Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.6

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Fruitland, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

After applying, if they are interested they will invite you to complete a more in depth application and some personality/skills quizzes pertinent to the position(s). If you pass those, you are invited to interview.
Phase one consisted of a group interview, with several candidates interviewed simultaneously by managers from several branches and the HR rep. The questions were generic, such as describe a situation...how would you react in this situation... tell us about your experience with sales... irate customer...etc. Nothing specific to you since it was a group setting.
Phase two is interview with any managers that were interested in you. Similar questions with some more specific to you and your experience, strengths, etc. A good chance to get to know the managers and see if you click with any of them. You may have more questionaire/quizzes to complete as well.
Once an offer is made, you submit to a drug and background check and fingerprinting. That takes about a week to ten days to complete.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Three interviews, First phone, the group, and the last one is a individual interview. The interview was easy and all you ad to say is what they wanted to here even if it wasn't the truth.

Interview Questions

• What would you need to work on when you are hired   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2015.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter who asked me basic questions about my cash handling and goal meeting experiences. She then proceeded by scheduling me for a face to face interview with the branch manager. I was asked to bring a copy of my resume and dress in business professional attire. I met with the branch manager and her very presence was inviting. Normally I am a jovial, bubbly individual and I smile a lot, that puts me and the interviewer at ease, before we got into the interview. The process started with basic questions about certain things on my resume, then proceeded into the more complex questions, consisting of open ended questions for different situations, such as give me an example where you had a difficult customer and how did you resolve the issue. My interviewer was very jovial as well and she pretty much flipped through the questions. I was told in detail about what the job entails and what specifically they were aiming for as a firm. By the end of the interview I felt pretty confident. She introduced me to the regional manager as well as the assistant branch manager and teller supervisor. I was not offered the position as yet. However it was a great experience and I left mostly confident as I patiently awaited a response. I emailed the manager to say thanks for the opportunity to be interviewed with such a firm and waited some more. The next day I received a call offering me the position. Made my day!!!

Interview Questions

• This question was asked by the regional manager. What is more important, skill or will?   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Interview

There were a few tests I had to take online, then A phone interview, then an interview at one of the offices with two supervisors and other individuals applying for the job, then another interview at the specific location in which I applied for.

Interview Questions

• A time when you went above and beyond to please a customer when they were not satisfied   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

They send you a link to set up a time for a phone interview. Then they call to do a screening to make sure you are qualified for the position. If they feel you meet qualifications they send you another link to fill out and schedule a face to face interview at the job location.

Interview Questions

Not worth my time for the pay

Bank Teller Interview

Interview

had one phone interview were they asked very broad a basic questions about past work experiences and environments. Also asked what my future schedule was like and how I handled the work environment myself. After was told that I would have a personal interview in order to be offered the position.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Palatine, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Filled out an online application. Next day got an email to schedule a 10 min phone interview. Next day had brief yes or no questions and asked about job experience. Had to fill out a personality test online plus another application for background check. Someone from PNC called me a couple hours later to set up an interview with district and general manager.

pay

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

scheduled interview. It was very quick turnaround time. There were four people who interviewed. It took about an hour, nothing hard just general questions. They then took me around to meet other people in the branch

Interview Questions

• Hardest moment you have had to deal with. My answer was none bank related   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Submitted a resume online - heard back about two weeks later. I was contacted by the HR department via email and set up a phone interview. Then there was a online personality test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult coworker   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

I got a called where I was asked about the job. Then i received my over the phone interview. It was a little unprofessional... The lady was late and her assistant manger was super rude.