PNC Financial Services Group Bank Teller Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.6

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

-Applied online -Emailed online assessment -Recruiter called for on phone interview -In person interview with Branch manager and Teller Supervisor -Was offered position and then had to take a drug exam -Trained for 1 week

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in California, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (California, PA).

Interview

Applied online, email within 24 hours for personality assessment. Phone call within 24 hours to set phone interview. Phone interview within 24 hours. Invited for face to face interview within 24 hours. Job offer within 2 days. Whole process start to finish was less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you feel that you would be the best person for this role   1 Answer

Negotiation

I applied for a position as a teller. The recruiter told me at my initial interview that I was over-qualified, offered to let have me interview for Customer Service Associate. I was offered $8.50 per hour. Offers are made through recruiter based on a pre-determined salary scale. I asked for $11. Recruiter countered to $10.50, which was still a $2.00 hour raise at the time.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2015.

Interview

Applied Online and received an email for an assessment within 24 hours. Received a phone call from a recruiter, they asked me basic questions and explained the position to me. We scheduled an interview for the following week. They then called me to reschedule the interview for a later date. A week after interview I received an email for a questionnaire, called my recruiter to just check up on what this meant, and received offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grandview, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Grandview, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online Sunday and then Monday got an email to do a assessment once I finished it a couple hours later I got a call to schedule a phone interview for the following day. I applied for full and part time. The recruiter told me she was going to call the manger with full time position to see if it was still open and that she would call me in a day or two to let me know. The following day which is now Wednesday she called me and told me the full time was taken but there was a part that was about 30-34 hours a week so I went to interview with the manger and teller supervisor on Thursday at 2:30. The interview was about 45-60 minutes long. The manger told me she had a few more interviews for Thursday to still do. About an hour after I got out of the interview I got a call from the recruiter offering me the position. Will need to do a background check, drug test, and finger prints scanned within 72 hours after offer. Back ground check could be started once interview is set up

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied for the full time position as a bank teller. Got a call 2 weeks later to come in for a interview. It was to managers in the room with me. They asked me simple questions like What would I do if I see a employee not following instructions. I thought I nailed it bUT haven't heard nothing back from them yet.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2015.

Interview

It was not a long process at all. I just interviewed with the Teller supervisor and the Branch manager. They asked me mostly behavioral questions and mostly just stuff from my resume. Most of the time was spent telling me what I would be doing and my future career path.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a bank teller?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then a couple days later received an email to attend a group interview. There was about 15 people and one area recruiter. She went around the room and asked us all about our work experience. After she said she would review our applications with the branch managers and we will get a call from them if we have moved on to a second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Altoona, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview from HR. Asked about things on the resume and past retail/cash handling experience. Then phone call for time to go into the branch for an interview. The interview process had about 10-15 guestions under a variety of different topics. After the interview waited 2 weeks for a response.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you encountered an ethical dilemma at work, what did you do? What was the outcome? What would you do differently/ what did you learn?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fruitland, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Fruitland, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

After applying, if they are interested they will invite you to complete a more in depth application and some personality/skills quizzes pertinent to the position(s). If you pass those, you are invited to interview. Phase one consisted of a group interview, with several candidates interviewed simultaneously by managers from several branches and the HR rep. The questions were generic, such as describe a situation...how would you react in this situation... tell us about your experience with sales... irate customer...etc. Nothing specific to you since it was a group setting. Phase two is interview with any managers that were interested in you. Similar questions with some more specific to you and your experience, strengths, etc. A good chance to get to know the managers and see if you click with any of them. You may have more questionaire/quizzes to complete as well. Once an offer is made, you submit to a drug and background check and fingerprinting. That takes about a week to ten days to complete.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2015.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter who asked me basic questions about my cash handling and goal meeting experiences. She then proceeded by scheduling me for a face to face interview with the branch manager. I was asked to bring a copy of my resume and dress in business professional attire. I met with the branch manager and her very presence was inviting. Normally I am a jovial, bubbly individual and I smile a lot, that puts me and the interviewer at ease, before we got into the interview. The process started with basic questions about certain things on my resume, then proceeded into the more complex questions, consisting of open ended questions for different situations, such as give me an example where you had a difficult customer and how did you resolve the issue. My interviewer was very jovial as well and she pretty much flipped through the questions. I was told in detail about what the job entails and what specifically they were aiming for as a firm. By the end of the interview I felt pretty confident. She introduced me to the regional manager as well as the assistant branch manager and teller supervisor. I was not offered the position as yet. However it was a great experience and I left mostly confident as I patiently awaited a response. I emailed the manager to say thanks for the opportunity to be interviewed with such a firm and waited some more. The next day I received a call offering me the position. Made my day!!!

Interview Questions

• This question was asked by the regional manager. What is more important, skill or will?   1 Answer