PNC Financial Services Group

Average Difficulty
35 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bank Teller

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – I got a called where I was asked about the job. Then i received my over the phone interview. It was a little unprofessional... The lady was late and her assistant manger was super rude.

Interview Question – Ask the interviewer: how do you decide the culture?   Answer Question

Bank Teller

I applied online and interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – Application to interview went fairly quickly. I heard back from them within the week. The interview was fairly straight forward. Branch manager and assistant were the ones that held the interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Louisville, KY

I applied online and interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – I applied for this job and in three days was called to set up a phone interview. Phone interview basically was just asking about my qualifications and what my availability was. After that I had to do a assessment test, and maybe two days later I was contacted to attend a group interview. My recruiter was awesome super friendly and helpful. The recruiter and the other PNC employees that were there were super nice they only asked us six questions. But it was very fast paced you had to come up with your answers rather quickly and a lot of the questions had many parts to them that you had to include in your answer. Such as name a time where you were instructed to complete a hard task. I had to name the task, why was it hard, what did i learn, what was the outcome, what could I have done better. This is just a example! It took about 90 minutes. After my group interview I was offered another interview with a bank manager three days later. The bank manager was so sweet and made me feel very at ease. She asked maybe 10 questions. Most were about my customer service skills, sales ability, past job questions, why PNC bank, basically you had to sale yourself to them. Told i would be contacted within three days. Got called back and offered job a hour later.

Interview Question – Name a time where you achieved significant sales and include your accomplishment, your obstacle, how it challenged you, what you learned about yourself, who gave you this task, and what was outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I think I got offered a good amount so excepted. They had many many other candidates be careful negotiating they may go with someone else. You may ask is there any wiggle room on the amount.

Bank Teller

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2013.

Interview Details – It was a position offered to me through a mutual friend that is employed with the them. They called me for an initial interview. I met up with the location manager and department manager. They were really nice and courteous and the interview went really well. After the interview was complete they asked me if the pay was ok which was fine with me. I was informed me that the hiring manager will contact me to discuss with me the hiring process and they welcomed me to the company and the interview went well. After that I did not hear from them. Everytime I call the location manager she would inform me that they have notified the hiring manager that i was hired and that she should contact me. After a few weeks i found out they decided to hire someone else and they didn't even have the courtsey to inform me. Very unprofessional and unethical

Interview Question – They asked about my son and how i could afford to pay for after school with the salary they offered me.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Horrible they decided to go with someone else without even notifying me.

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and submitted a resume and cover letter online for several teller positions through the PNC website. I was selected for one particular position and asked to attend a group interview. After attending the group interview and answering various questions about my skills and personality, I had to complete various questionnaires and take a drug test to continue on to the next step. I then had an hour-long interview with one of the district managers where we discussed my skills and the requirements of the job further.

Interview Question – The questions mostly revolved around customer service experience or why you wanted to work for PNC as opposed to other institutions, such as "Describe a time where you went above and beyond for the customer."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate as it was an entry-level position that many vied for and I was an external hire, giving me less leverage.

Daytona Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied to a local PNC bank teller position. I was contacted for an initial phone interview, by someone in HR. It was very fast and straightforward. I had to select a half hour time slot for the phone interview, but the interview itself lasted maybe 10 minutes. It was a little nerve wrecking because it felt so rushed. It is very basic questions not even a real interview. It is simply to input your application through the system. Once your through this step and receive the group interview, things are much smoother after that.

Interview Question – Why did I leave my previous employer?   Answer Question

Interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group

Interview Details – I meet the branch manager and teller supervisor. They are both nice and the questions wasn't so difficult. They just try to know what I have done and if my experience fit for the position.

Interview Question – Have you ever meet a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Bank Teller

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – The process was usual. I applied online and was contacted to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was quickly contacted to do the online assessment and then after an interview with branch manager. However, It took more than month for them to reply me back with the final answer.

Interview Question – Are you able to stand on your feet for more than 8 hours?   Answer Question

Interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group

Interview Details – Very straight forward. They ask more about your career aspirations more than technical questions. The job is easy enough that you will be able to learn in through training so they are more concerned with your ability to interact with customers and other team members.

Interview Question – No specific questions that were difficult but be sure that you are able to show a willingness to learn   Answer Question

Bank Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2012.

Interview Details – Had phone interview with corporate recruiter, one face to face interview with branch manager and head teller. Received a phone call from the corporate recruiter a few days later with an offer.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Received an email with compensation information. Not really any chance to negotiate.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!