PNC Financial Services Group Branch Financial Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied for a position in Alpharetta, GA. The hiring process was drawn out way to much; by far the longest process I have ever experienced. I first applied 2 months ago and received a phone call by the HR recruiter shortly after. Two weeks after the initial phone screening, I was set up for a interview with the Branch Manager. Keep in mind that this is essentially an Front-Line employee position, unlike any other bank, I had to interview with the Regional Manager. For what reason? They claim she is hands on and wants to know everyone. The Regional was on vacation the following week so I had to wait 1 1/2 weeks before I was able to interview with her. After this interview, she then wanted me to drive to another branch to meet a different Branch Manager; different than the one I originally met with. This whole process not to be offered the position. The hiring process was completely to drawn out and a lot of wasted time to not be offered a position. This definitely sheds a negative light on wanting to work for this company in the future. Probably would never apply for PNC Bank again.

Interview Questions

• If you missed your sales goal for the quarter, what would you do to ensure that you met that mark the next quarter?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, got emails to complete application online, as well as, a link to an online assessment. Also got an invitation to a phone interview. Had the phone interview with a recruiter and face-to-face interview with a branch manager. It was a very interesting and inspiring experience.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Wilmington, DE) in January 2015.

Interview

After I applied, I was contacted by a recruiter and had a brief phone interview. She then set up a group meeting interview, consisting of 8 other recruits. It was a straight forward process that only took about 2 weeks due to an emergency re-schedule on their part. I was "offered' a position higher than what I originally applied but unfortunately the position was filled internally before I could begin. Now I am in a holding pattern, hoping that another similar, position will open. The recruiter has been very good about keeping in touch although it is a bit frustrating to wait.

Interview Questions

• What did you like/dislike most about your job? Why do you want to work for PNC? Describe a time when you were able to use your customer service skills in sales to make a positive experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Canton, OH).

Interview

Submit application and resume online. If recruiters are interested, they email an assessment to you. Questions are generic personality trait questions, capacity and ethics questions. Recruiter contacts you by phone for a phone interview. More like a conversation than an interview. They will set you an appt to meet the branch manager and have a face to face interview. Recruiter calls after face interview to make salary offer.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me how you would deal with an angry customer" "tell me about a time when you turned a bad interaction into a positive experience"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Extremely tough negotiators. They like to use the line "but this is the salary everyone starts out at in this position"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2009.

Interview

One phone interview, then a 1:1, then a series of group interviews

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you overcame an difficult situation.   Answer Question
    • Do you consider yourself a leader, and give me an example when.   Answer Question

Negotiation

did not negotiate