PNC Financial Services Group Branch Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 3, 2015
Updated Feb 3, 2015

2.8

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Received a call for an interview 3+ weeks after an online application. Interviewed with the Recruiter who was very detailed. It was the typical STAR interview process. The next day, I was called in for another interview and met with the Regional Manager. I later completed a skills test online.

I waited about 20 minutes before I interviewed with him. He was in an interview with another young lady. As I met with him, he was documenting on the resume' of the previous interviewee as if he was not interested in me. However, the interview was STAR method as well.

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Disconnected. Did not have good follow up and I had to initiate each step. Additionally, recruiters are typically inexperienced and do not comprehend skills and experiences listed on most resumes. They mainly listen for corporate buzz words and focus on your ability to deliver the buzz words while looking them in the eye.

Additionally, PNC works hard at making a diversity quota, even though some candidates may not have necessary skills for the position.

Interview Questions

• Cannot recall too many questions because my interview was awhile back, however, PNC is focused on behavior questions. So, my advice would be to first study bank literature to learn the corporate speak, then be prepared to answer their behavior questions using the PNC corporate language.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can negotiate a couple thousand, and even that would be pushing the limit.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

Started with a phone interview consisting of situational questions and was invited to their super day interviewing event in Chicago. PNC Superday was very well organized and everyone was very friendly. Started with a presentation about PNC and a meet and greet with current employees and candidates. Next day consisted of four 30 minute interviews with mid to upper level management. Mainly situational questions "tell me a time when you failed?" or personality "what motivates you?" Overall culture was very friendly and employees were very enthusiastic about the company and the direction PNC was going.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Columbus, OH) in October 2010.

Interview

Usually go thru t2-3 interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not negotiate

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Washington, DC) in August 2010.

Interview

Initially received an email indicating that a current employee had referred me to the company, and a link to view available positions. After applying for a position online and positing my resume I received a phone call from the recruited within 2 days for a phone interview lasting about 15 minutes. I then had individual interviews scheduled with tow different district managers. Both interviews were very free formed and relaxed. There were no behavioral based questions, but just general questions about myself and my philosophy as a manager. At the end of the second interview the district manager extended me an offer, and I was called the next day by the recruiter with the specific terms of the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important quality that you look for when hiring employees?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you had a consistently underperforming employee?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate officer rank, vacation days as well as salary.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Washington, DC) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied for several positions online at the PNC career website and was later contacted by a Talent Acquistion Recruiter who scheduled me for an initial phone interview regarding one of my applications.

Interview Questions

• Please talk about your previous professional experiences discussed in your Resume.   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Boca Raton, FL) in March 2010.

Interview

Invited me over and asked basic questions. Focused on personality and situation. Be sure to ask good questions. I got called for a second interview but haven't had it yet.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cherry Hill, NJ) in November 2009.

Interview

Basic behavioral interview questions. What are your strengths and weakness?

Interview Questions

• What was the last thing you wrote? And preferred method of communication?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fought for an extra five grand.. negotiate well cause soon as your in, you only get small increases a year.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2009.

Interview

After posting to the position online it took about 10 days for a recruiter to call me and verify everything before scheduling an interview with the regional manager. Than after that it took about another 7 days before they made a decision. I was already an employee so my interview process was slightly shorter than if I was an external candidate. External candidates get an offer and than have their drug and background checks done. This can take anywhere from a week to ten days depending on how difficult it is for them to check your background.

Interview Questions

• What are some attributes about yourself that you could work on?   Answer Question

Negotiation

NO room for negotiating. You get what they tell you.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2011.

Interview

The college recruits were pretty much relaxed and asked alot of situational questions. Pleasant.
    Then I got a call for the super day in Pittsburg. Very nice and polite.