PNC Financial Services Group Branch Manager Interview Questions

2.8

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied in-person - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2010.

Usually go thru t2-3 interviews

did not negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Disconnected. Did not have good follow up and I had to initiate each step. Additionally, recruiters are typically inexperienced and do not comprehend skills and experiences listed on most resumes. They mainly listen for corporate buzz words and focus on your ability to deliver the buzz words while looking them in the eye.

Additionally, PNC works hard at making a diversity quota, even though some candidates may not have necessary skills for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Cannot recall too many questions because my interview was awhile back, however, PNC is focused on behavior questions. So, my advice would be to first study bank literature to learn the corporate speak, then be prepared to answer their behavior questions using the PNC corporate language.   Answer Question
    You can negotiate a couple thousand, and even that would be pushing the limit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2009.

Basic behavioral interview questions. What are your strengths and weakness?

Interview Questions
    • What was the last thing you wrote? And preferred method of communication?   Answer Question
    Fought for an extra five grand.. negotiate well cause soon as your in, you only get small increases a year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2010.

Started with a phone interview consisting of situational questions and was invited to their super day interviewing event in Chicago. PNC Superday was very well organized and everyone was very friendly. Started with a presentation about PNC and a meet and greet with current employees and candidates. Next day consisted of four 30 minute interviews with mid to upper level management. Mainly situational questions "tell me a time when you failed?" or personality "what motivates you?" Overall culture was very friendly and employees were very enthusiastic about the company and the direction PNC was going.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2010.

Initially received an email indicating that a current employee had referred me to the company, and a link to view available positions. After applying for a position online and positing my resume I received a phone call from the recruited within 2 days for a phone interview lasting about 15 minutes. I then had individual interviews scheduled with tow different district managers. Both interviews were very free formed and relaxed. There were no behavioral based questions, but just general questions about myself and my philosophy as a manager. At the end of the second interview the district manager extended me an offer, and I was called the next day by the recruiter with the specific terms of the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most important quality that you look for when hiring employees?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you had a consistently underperforming employee?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate officer rank, vacation days as well as salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2010.

I applied for several positions online at the PNC career website and was later contacted by a Talent Acquistion Recruiter who scheduled me for an initial phone interview regarding one of my applications.

Interview Questions
    • Please talk about your previous professional experiences discussed in your Resume.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2010.

Invited me over and asked basic questions. Focused on personality and situation. Be sure to ask good questions. I got called for a second interview but haven't had it yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2009.

After posting to the position online it took about 10 days for a recruiter to call me and verify everything before scheduling an interview with the regional manager. Than after that it took about another 7 days before they made a decision. I was already an employee so my interview process was slightly shorter than if I was an external candidate. External candidates get an offer and than have their drug and background checks done. This can take anywhere from a week to ten days depending on how difficult it is for them to check your background.

Interview Questions
    • What are some attributes about yourself that you could work on?   Answer Question
    NO room for negotiating. You get what they tell you.

Branch Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2011.

The college recruits were pretty much relaxed and asked alot of situational questions. Pleasant.
    Then I got a call for the super day in Pittsburg. Very nice and polite.

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2009.

The interview process was very lengthy. It dragged out for an extended time period.

Interview Questions

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!