PNC Financial Services Group Branch Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Received a call for an interview 3+ weeks after an online application. Interviewed with the Recruiter who was very detailed. It was the typical STAR interview process. The next day, I was called in for another interview and met with the Regional Manager. I later completed a skills test online. I waited about 20 minutes before I interviewed with him. He was in an interview with another young lady. As I met with him, he was documenting on the resume' of the previous interviewee as if he was not interested in me. However, the interview was STAR method as well.

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (New Brunswick, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

7 interviews---they were not consistent...one person wanted one thing...I had everything required and they still said I was NOT RIGHT for that Branch.....it seems that they want a look and are unprofessional in the lack of feedback....The interviewers were late....they never called when they said they would

Interview Questions

• describe a time.....sales experiences........interviews were all different   Answer Question

I did not feel comfortable after the interviews with the culture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Disconnected. Did not have good follow up and I had to initiate each step. Additionally, recruiters are typically inexperienced and do not comprehend skills and experiences listed on most resumes. They mainly listen for corporate buzz words and focus on your ability to deliver the buzz words while looking them in the eye. Additionally, PNC works hard at making a diversity quota, even though some candidates may not have necessary skills for the position.

Interview Questions

• Cannot recall too many questions because my interview was awhile back, however, PNC is focused on behavior questions. So, my advice would be to first study bank literature to learn the corporate speak, then be prepared to answer their behavior questions using the PNC corporate language.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can negotiate a couple thousand, and even that would be pushing the limit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Columbus, OH) in September 2011.

Interview

I was recruited based on my resume on a career site. The first interview was conducted over the phone by the recruiter. Next was an hour long assessment of both my personality and skill set. I was then scheduled for a panel interview in which 3 upper level managers were present. This process created a lot of additional anxiety for me personally. Through out both interview all questions asked were behavioral about past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer. What was the situation and outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cranberry, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

First was a phone interview then a face-to-face interview and was called with a decision from the hiring department. You must be very detailed and organized during the interview process. You must be comfortable with the role-playing a scenario on how you would sell a product or handle a customer complaint issue because it will be role-play during the interview

Interview Questions

• They role-played with me on how I would sell you checking into savings account to a customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

Started with a phone interview consisting of situational questions and was invited to their super day interviewing event in Chicago. PNC Superday was very well organized and everyone was very friendly. Started with a presentation about PNC and a meet and greet with current employees and candidates. Next day consisted of four 30 minute interviews with mid to upper level management. Mainly situational questions "tell me a time when you failed?" or personality "what motivates you?" Overall culture was very friendly and employees were very enthusiastic about the company and the direction PNC was going.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Columbus, OH) in October 2010.

Interview

Usually go thru t2-3 interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Washington, DC) in August 2010.

Interview

Initially received an email indicating that a current employee had referred me to the company, and a link to view available positions. After applying for a position online and positing my resume I received a phone call from the recruited within 2 days for a phone interview lasting about 15 minutes. I then had individual interviews scheduled with tow different district managers. Both interviews were very free formed and relaxed. There were no behavioral based questions, but just general questions about myself and my philosophy as a manager. At the end of the second interview the district manager extended me an offer, and I was called the next day by the recruiter with the specific terms of the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important quality that you look for when hiring employees?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you had a consistently underperforming employee?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate officer rank, vacation days as well as salary.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Washington, DC) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied for several positions online at the PNC career website and was later contacted by a Talent Acquistion Recruiter who scheduled me for an initial phone interview regarding one of my applications.

Interview Questions

• Please talk about your previous professional experiences discussed in your Resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Boca Raton, FL) in March 2010.

Interview

Invited me over and asked basic questions. Focused on personality and situation. Be sure to ask good questions. I got called for a second interview but haven't had it yet.