PNC Financial Services Group Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in May 2015.

Interview

I was called by an HR manager about 3 or so weeks after I applied. We arranged for an interview within the next week or so. I meet with three managers who were all looking for a new team member and they explained what they did was asked which description I liked best. They asked about my work history and what I liked to do. I asked about corporate culture and mentioned I preferred a cooperative environment. I later suspected that question was what got me the job. Right afterwards I was asked to submit some more online documents, mostly verifying the information from my initial application. After about two or so weeks (which I think was longer than normal because the higher manager was on vacation) I got called for a second interview. Second interview was with one manager, higher than the last three. He asked similar questions and released me before the time was up. The next day I was called with an offer. Had to get drug tested and submit more online documents for taxation purposes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told I was being offered the high end of the available salary and could not negotiate. It was a good offer so I took it.

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Two step process. Phone Interview and In-Person/Skype. A panel was also present during my Skype interview. Background check, drug test and finger printing required before the commencement of the job.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Consisted of HR phone interview, then Manager interview, then an in person interview. Total process took a month. All the interviews were very friendly and enjoyable, but there is A LOT of sitting and waiting around for them... They are not specific with when you will hear from them. That is the hardest part of applying with them in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Very typical personal questions for interviews. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2010.

Interview

Essentially all behavioral questions, why do you want this job, why are you suited for it. tell me about a time you've led, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of what PNC does?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2009.

Interview

did not provide transportation, hotel, breakfast, or anything really. interviewers did not seem enthusiastic...some were not even in the field i was interviewing for. slow, uninformative, unprofessional never gave a response afterwards. even after I called and asked about the status of my application, the HR manager kept saying "we'll let you know later"...well, later never came.

Interview Questions

• where do you prefer to work...we have locations in pittsburgh, jersey city, dc, etc?   1 Answer
    • how do you want us to remember you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2009.

Interview

First round interview was on campus and was behavioral. They were just looking to make sure your personality fit with that of the bank. The second was an all day event consisting of 6 interviews with different managers from different lines of business. A few interviewers asked situational questions but the majority were again behavioral. Everyone was very nice and relaxed. I received a phone call 2 weeks later with an offer for a business analyst position.

Interview Questions

• You are the lead software developer and your team is not producing quality code. How would you go about determining the problem and fixing it?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had a team member that was not doing their fair share of the work. How did you approach the problem and were you able to resolve it?   Answer Question

I asked for a different position and all they had was business analyst. The salary was disappointing considering what they pay their business new hires.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in May 2009.

Interview

Asked basically fit questions, extremely generic HR interview.. I did not want to change my school schedule so i declined the offer and went elsewhere. Basically they will ask you about your schooling, previous work experience... some time where you had to deal with a problem and solve it or tell them about a time you worked in a team. Not so much info on actual job details or what will be needed.