PNC Financial Services Group

PNC Financial Services Group Business Analyst Interview Questions

2.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Consisted of HR phone interview, then Manager interview, then an in person interview. Total process took a month. All the interviews were very friendly and enjoyable, but there is A LOT of sitting and waiting around for them... They are not specific with when you will hear from them. That is the hardest part of applying with them in my opinion.

Interview Questions
  • Very typical personal questions for interviews. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2010.

Essentially all behavioral questions, why do you want this job, why are you suited for it. tell me about a time you've led, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What is your understanding of what PNC does?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2009.

did not provide transportation, hotel, breakfast, or anything really.
    interviewers did not seem enthusiastic...some were not even in the field i was interviewing for.
    slow, uninformative, unprofessional
    never gave a response afterwards. even after I called and asked about the status of my application, the HR manager kept saying "we'll let you know later"...well, later never came.

Interview Questions
    • where do you prefer to work...we have locations in pittsburgh, jersey city, dc, etc?   View Answer
    • how do you want us to remember you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2009.

First round interview was on campus and was behavioral. They were just looking to make sure your personality fit with that of the bank. The second was an all day event consisting of 6 interviews with different managers from different lines of business. A few interviewers asked situational questions but the majority were again behavioral. Everyone was very nice and relaxed. I received a phone call 2 weeks later with an offer for a business analyst position.

Interview Questions
    • You are the lead software developer and your team is not producing quality code. How would you go about determining the problem and fixing it?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had a team member that was not doing their fair share of the work. How did you approach the problem and were you able to resolve it?   Answer Question

I asked for a different position and all they had was business analyst. The salary was disappointing considering what they pay their business new hires.

Business Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in May 2009.

Asked basically fit questions, extremely generic HR interview.. I did not want to change my school schedule so i declined the offer and went elsewhere. Basically they will ask you about your schooling, previous work experience... some time where you had to deal with a problem and solve it or tell them about a time you worked in a team. Not so much info on actual job details or what will be needed.