PNC Financial Services Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

ACCEL Mortgage Program Interview

ACCEL Mortgage Program
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – First round of interviews were on campus. They basically see if you are qualified for the position, can speak to your experiences, and have a genuine interest in the company / program. If selected, the second round is in Chicago. Structured very well, the "super day" is meant to see if you are ready for the position and how well you compare to other candidates.

Interview Question – Standard questions, just trying to see your past work experience and if you would be a good fit for not only the company but also the position.   Answer Question

Financial Specialist Interview

Financial Specialist
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in May 2012.

Interview Details – My initial contact with PNC was a phone interview with the H.R. Department. I interviewed for different positions. 2 In-person panel interviews and then a final interview over the phone.

Interview Question – They asked me to Role Play which was no big deal, but unexpected. PNC did not disclose that it did not pay the Financial Specialist position commission on the managed money investments unless they had a series 65 or 7. (other financial institutions in this market do and PNC does pay other similar positions on managed money sales with out these licenses). Make sure you get clarification of the compensation program. It really varies greatly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They said there was no negotiation and the base salary was fixed. However, my co-workers did negotiate and did receive higher salaries. I would recommend holding out, they are desperate to fill positions.

Corporate & Institutional Banking Interview

Corporate & Institutional Banking
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – This was probably the most disorganized interview process I have ever been through. First round was a short phone screen in which my interview called me almost 20 minutes late. Fairly standard STAR-type questions, and she let me know it would be 3-4 weeks till I heard from them. Ended up being two months, when I was invited to interview at Superday. The planning for Superday was extremely haphazard; I kept having to remind HR that I needed travel booked, itinerary sent over, etc. I only got travel booked three days before I was supposed to leave, and I had to call the hotel to get my confirmation sent to me because no one from HR did.

Superday was fairly standard, with a small and awkward mixer the night before and a series of interviews the next morning. The interviews were short and relatively easy, but the interviewers were unfriendly and skeptical of everything I told them, despite it all being true. I also was not told the business line I was placed into until Superday itself, and it was something that I was completely uninterested in but was not able to change. I left with an overall terrible impression of the company.

Interview Question – Explain the financial statements.   View Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2013.

Interview Details – Process:
1. applied for Personal Banker Position, passed online assessment
2. month later has been contacted by recruiter and offered Universal Banker position
3. next day applied for universal banker position, few days later emailed recruiter to check on the status of application but received letter stating that position has been filled.
4. after 1 week applied for Personal banker position in a different location, never been contacted but received a letter stating that they have decided to go forward with other candidates.
However, i am young professional with excellent reputation at other financial institutions, excellent people, customer service skills and with a proof of high goals achievements.

Opinion:
recruiter is very unprofessional person, never responded to my email, did not ask any questions during a phone interview, was talking to me in very unprofessional manner or maybe she was uneducated. In my opinion PNC should not hire recruiters like her if they do not want to have any bad Company reviews......By the way check on youtube the hiring process for Heineken !Its amazing!!!!!!

Interview Question – So you are new to the area, then non of PNC locations in Chicago does not make any sense to you..does it?   View Answer

Corporate & Institutional Banking Intern Interview

Corporate & Institutional Banking Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2012.

Interview Details – Had a first round interview on campus. The interviewer was really nice and had a great conversation. The first round is very basic questions. Nothing technical just behavioral. That to not really it more of just a relaxed conversation. Know your resume well and have good stories to explain your experiences.

Interview Question – Tell me something about PNC?   Answer Question

Business Banker Interview

Business Banker
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in May 2010.

Interview Details – Behavior type questions, be sure to talk about how you over achieve assisting customers. Also talk about personalizing solutions to client. PNC: Personalize, Identify needs, close the sales

Interview Question – Tell me a weakness you have, also talk about a time where you had to blame others for your own mistakes   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay is negotiable

Business Banker Interview

Business Banker
Chicago, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – There are two rounds of phone interviews. Granted you proceed through those, PNC will invite you to a "Super Day" in the region you are interviewing for. This Super Day consists of a networking evening and presentation one night, and then three behavioral interviews the next day.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Capital Marktets Intern Interview

Capital Marktets Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in December 2011.

Interview Details – They had a meet and greet mixer before each interview. One 2:1 interview and then a superday. Typical for a bank I feel like. PNC was great, if I had the choice to work for any bank I have intereviewed with it would be PNC. Everyone was very nice, no one made you feel like you were being interrogated, the interviewers were respectfull and up front about everything as well.

Interview Question – What is the square root of 32 to one decimal place.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online through school's career website and was contacted for an interview on campus a week later. Didn't ask any behavioral questions at all, and a few technical questions. Asked about current events.

Interview Questions

Treasury Management Intern Interview

Treasury Management Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – The first interview was held on campus and it was pretty informal. They genuinely seemed interested in getting to know me as a person, only talked about one thing on my resume, which was a Sales job I had back in high school. The interview only lasted about 15 minutes so I wasn't sure what to really expect. I got invited to their Superday in Chicago and this consisted of 3 interviews throughout the day. Each interview was designed to test a certain trait/ quality about you communication, analytic skills, leadership etc. These interviews were also pretty casual and the interviewers seemed very friendly.

Interview Question – When trying to invest in a company, which financial statement do you look at?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to ask for a two week extension on my deadline to accept the internship. If you have other offers pending, I would just ask them as they seemed pretty understanding.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!