PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions in Cleveland, OH

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.7

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cleveland, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was long but worthwhile. I interviewed in a personal setting and the people you speak with are extremely knowledgable and easy to talk to. I was taken out to lunch and we spoke there as well. It was more of a personal interview and not so much behavior oriented. They wanted to know about me, not about what I have or have not done...my resume covered that.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about this job?   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cleveland, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Started off with phone interview. asked basic behavioral questions. not very structured, very easy. At the end of the week I was invited to fly to Pittsburgh for their super day. first night was just an overview and a mix and mingle. think they were trying to see what kind of person you are, if you can drink and eat and still be professional. the next day were interviews. 2 interviews 30 mins a piece. same questions as the phone interview, give or take 1 or 2. I really enjoyed the people I interviewed with. Just off them I was considering choosing them. I may re-apply for full-time in the fall. Wasn't sure if i wanted to do financial supply chain.

Interview Questions

• who is your role model, a person that most influences you.   1 Answer

Accepted another offer in a better city making more money/

Business Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cleveland, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

It was through a recruiter. Then I met face to face with just the manager. After speaking to her for a while, she left and I spoke to the other members of the team where they asked me general questions in order to get to know me.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you fixed a negative customer experience?   Answer Question

Data Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cleveland, OH) in December 2013.

Interview

Application remained in pending status for first month. Phone screen and then in person for 1 hour one on one and in a group. Met with various department heads and employees. There was also a tour of the building and free coffee, water, soda, tea, etc.

Information Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cleveland, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview and was invited to attend the "PNC Super Day" at a hotel. The amount of people attending was overwhelming, even though they tried to make it sound like the process was very selective. Very little communication between company and candidate made the situation uncomfortable. The offer received did not have any information as to where I would working or where I would need relocate for housing purposes. Also, no solid information regarding a start date or end date. I ended up withdrawing from the program after not hearing back about any of the above information approximately 3 months after accepting the position. If the communication was better, things may have turned out differently.

Interview Questions

• Personality Based Questions - Work Ethic and Sitution Questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Received an offer - No Negotiation.

Technology Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cleveland, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied to this particular position through my university's career link. Right away, the HR rep called to schedule an interview. The first night is the Super Day, where you network with execs and employees at night and learn about the position available. The next day, you have 4 interviews with top execs. Questions were behavioral and situational. The people were very friendly and welcoming.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Disconnected. Did not have good follow up and I had to initiate each step. Additionally, recruiters are typically inexperienced and do not comprehend skills and experiences listed on most resumes. They mainly listen for corporate buzz words and focus on your ability to deliver the buzz words while looking them in the eye. Additionally, PNC works hard at making a diversity quota, even though some candidates may not have necessary skills for the position.

Interview Questions

• Cannot recall too many questions because my interview was awhile back, however, PNC is focused on behavior questions. So, my advice would be to first study bank literature to learn the corporate speak, then be prepared to answer their behavior questions using the PNC corporate language.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can negotiate a couple thousand, and even that would be pushing the limit.

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cleveland, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

The first contact was from a PNC recruiter. After a 30 minute conversation, I was told i would be contacted by the hiring manager, which I was. I met with the hiring manager for about an hour. Nothing out of the expected was asked. Most questions were about background and how that would translate into this position. This interview was followed by two phone interviews. Again, nothing out of the ordinary but a few behavioral questions, (what would you do in this situation, how would you respond to this question). The last interview was with a PNC branch manager and a VP. The questions were similar to the others.

Interview Questions

• "How would you explain to clients the transition from the previous relationship manager to you"?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

AML Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland Hills, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Highland Hills, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview process was pretty typical. Included a phone interview and one interview with both AML team leads. After the interview I was contacted within 1-2 months with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Don't recall...but they do ask you about AML compliance and how to analyze alerts, which of course should be expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Were not willing to negotiate on vacation days.

Loan Support Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brecksville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Brecksville, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview was a panel interview (4 supervisors) who took turns asking me behavioral questions; such as, "tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker, one positive/one negative about yourself, etc."

Interview Questions

• It was pretty average interview, nothing was unexpected.   Answer Question