PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions & Reviews in Cleveland, OH

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Loan Support Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brecksville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brecksville, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2013.

The interview was a panel interview (4 supervisors) who took turns asking me behavioral questions; such as, "tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker, one positive/one negative about yourself, etc."

Interview Questions
    • It was pretty average interview, nothing was unexpected.   Answer Question

Technology Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2013.

I applied to this particular position through my university's career link. Right away, the HR rep called to schedule an interview. The first night is the Super Day, where you network with execs and employees at night and learn about the position available. The next day, you have 4 interviews with top execs. Questions were behavioral and situational. The people were very friendly and welcoming.

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2013.

The first contact was from a PNC recruiter. After a 30 minute conversation, I was told i would be contacted by the hiring manager, which I was. I met with the hiring manager for about an hour. Nothing out of the expected was asked. Most questions were about background and how that would translate into this position. This interview was followed by two phone interviews. Again, nothing out of the ordinary but a few behavioral questions, (what would you do in this situation, how would you respond to this question). The last interview was with a PNC branch manager and a VP. The questions were similar to the others.

Interview Questions
    • "How would you explain to clients the transition from the previous relationship manager to you"?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Information Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2013.

I had a phone interview and was invited to attend the "PNC Super Day" at a hotel. The amount of people attending was overwhelming, even though they tried to make it sound like the process was very selective. Very little communication between company and candidate made the situation uncomfortable. The offer received did not have any information as to where I would working or where I would need relocate for housing purposes. Also, no solid information regarding a start date or end date. I ended up withdrawing from the program after not hearing back about any of the above information approximately 3 months after accepting the position. If the communication was better, things may have turned out differently.

Interview Questions
    • Personality Based Questions - Work Ethic and Sitution Questions   Answer Question
    Received an offer - No Negotiation.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Disconnected. Did not have good follow up and I had to initiate each step. Additionally, recruiters are typically inexperienced and do not comprehend skills and experiences listed on most resumes. They mainly listen for corporate buzz words and focus on your ability to deliver the buzz words while looking them in the eye.

Additionally, PNC works hard at making a diversity quota, even though some candidates may not have necessary skills for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Cannot recall too many questions because my interview was awhile back, however, PNC is focused on behavior questions. So, my advice would be to first study bank literature to learn the corporate speak, then be prepared to answer their behavior questions using the PNC corporate language.   Answer Question
    You can negotiate a couple thousand, and even that would be pushing the limit.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2012.

Very easy hiring process. Met with hiring manager and discussed position over coffee - not very difficult at all. Then heard from recruiter to process paperwork for application and hiring (the experience with this person should have been a heads up to problems down the road).

Interview Questions
    • none - mindless interviewing questions and mainly "sold" why pnc.   Answer Question
    Make sure you do your homework ahead of time!!! For a financial advisor position you must ask for historic performance and production reports of the branches you'll be assigned and don't settle for branch deposit numbers or word of mouth - get details in writing; it will provide you a clear picture of how much time you need to prepare a resume and find another job if you can't afford to stick it out. Negotiate a higher salary than offered ($26k) as banks prefer not to put any investment into their employees - negiotiating a higher salary will provide a good picture how difficult the "branch hub" system you'll be placed. Negotiate a higher upfront grid payout (45% for 1st 6months, then 40% for the next 6months and then fall on normal grid). This will provide a little more breathing time as the grid declines and the salary declines; this payout will help the first few months of zero production payout compensation you'll experience. Negotiate how many branches you'll be given, the more branches you can get the better chance of success - don't accept 2-3 as it will not be enough to survive (they'll try to sell the deposit base, but this won't matter if the branch employees don't refer business to you. Also, make sure you have atleast 2-3 licensed bankers or private client relationship managers - without these folks you'll be gone under 6 months. The licensed bankers and pcgrm's are your referral sources and are on similar performance requirements. The branch staff (tellers and bankers) are good people but you'll find their whole existance depends on gallup results for service. These folks ARE NOT SALES people, but customer service driven (get the customer in and out as quickly as possible facilitating the transaction/s as smoothly as possible). They will have rsponsiblilty to refer, but usually have not spoken with customer/s. This is why its critical to have a solid marketing force in place for your exisitance.

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Willoughby, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willoughby, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2010.

Online process and behavioral test is required to apply. Once selected you will be interviewed by a HR representative. Once you get pass that you will interviewed by the branch manager of the branch you may work along with the teller supervisor. After that they will call you with a job offer and instructions for the drug test which must be done within 48 hrs. of the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • I can not remember any difficult questions during the interview.   Answer Question

Corporate Bank Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2010.

Super Day

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2011.

I applied through campus career services and got a first round interview on campus. It was a behavioral interview with a recent alumnist who was an analyst with PNC. Mostle simple questions about interests and group interactions. Got a final round superday in Pittsburgh but I interviewed in a hotel conference center and not the main offices. There were three 1:1 interviews with higher level managers and these were all very similar to each other and the first campus interview. More behavioral questions asking about group and team work and what the work would be like if I was I was offered an internship. Got the offer two weeks later.

Interview Questions

The job was in Cleveland and it was random placement.

Associate Wealth Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2011.

Position was with the PNC Hawthorn group. Was put in contact with VP & senior wealth strategist through a friend. i then had an informal interview on the phone about my skills and background. He spent a lot of the time selling the company & the position to me. 3 days later an interview was setup by a PNC recruiter who was very nice and helpful as you are required to fill out an external application before the interview can take place.The interview process was very smooth and standard, you meet with 2 or 3 individuals at a time from President down to the recently hired. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. Questions ranged from explain your work experience, why you interested in finance, how good are your computer skills and summarizing a recent finance/business article that interested you.

Interview Questions
    • be ready to go through your resume and match your skills and experiences to the job position   Answer Question

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!