PNC Financial Services Group

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Corporate Bank Interview

Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2010.

Interview Details – Super Day

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No

Pittsburgh, PA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview, primarily just behavioral interview questions about my work ethic and team work ability. Received an invite to the Superday within a week.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had difficulties with a teammate.   Answer Question

Saint Louis, MO

The process took 3 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2010.

Interview Details – Very simple. All behavioral questions, very few technical questions. Interviewers were as interested in getting to know you as a person as they are telling you about the position.

Interview Question – Walk me through how Net Income flows through the three financial statements?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, only an internship.

Pittsburgh, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2010.

Interview Details – 1v1 on the phone. Asked about PNC, what LOB you want, where do you think interest rates are heading (read the news and enjoy finance you'll be fine) Second Round consisted of a superday in Pittsburgh; 4 separate 2 on 1 interviews.
 "Tell me about yourself",
"Tell me about a mistake you made and how you dealt with it"
"Walk me through how income flows through the balance sheet"
"Where are interest rates heading"
"Why would a company issue debt instead of equity"

Interview Questions

• 1) "Describe how a recession would impact the balance sheet of a manufacturing company"

2) How would a decrease in net income affect a company's 3 financial statements"
      View Answer
  • "Why would a company issue debt instead of equity?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, but if you accept within a week of the offer you get a 50% larger signing bonus on top of annual salary

Corporate Banking

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2011.

Interview Details – I attended a Super Day event which consisted of 4, 25 minute interviews. Involved a mix of behavioral, technical, and company fit type questions.

In addition to the interview, there was also a networking reception the previous night designed to familiarize candidates with interviewers. Everyone was extremely friendly and the company was looking for individuals who had a strong work ethic, team players, and geographically flexible.

Haven't heard back yet regarding an offer.

Interview Question – What components of the three financial statements would you look at prior to investing in a company?   Answer Question

Corporate Banking Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2009.

Interview Details – Regular 1st round interview that involved the usual questions. I.e. show me your resume, tell me a little about yourself, etc. Interview lasted 30 mins with option to ask questions afterwards. Interviewer was from Corporate Lending and was interviewing for internships in that particular area. The location was for Pittsburgh, with options in DC as well

Corporate Banking

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2009.

Interview Details – The interviewer asked me 4 simple questions. He was not very prepared and did not work in the positions I was interviewing for, corporate banking. They definitely want to know what you think of National City merger.

Interviews for Top Jobs at PNC Financial Services Group

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!

PNC Financial Services Group Videos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PNC Financial Services Group Corporate Banking interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by PNC Financial Services Group employees and interview candidates.