PNC Financial Services Group

PNC Financial Services Group Corporate Banking Interview Questions

Updated Jan 3, 2015
Updated Jan 3, 2015

Corporate Banking Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

I first heard about the summer internship when PNC attended a university industry fair where they sent a couple recruiters. I submitted my resume online and heard back within a few weeks to schedule an on campus interview. After making it through the first round, I was invited out to a superday where I went through three 20-minute interviews, all behavioral with very little technical questions

Interview Questions
  • If you had to choose one financial statement to assess a company, which would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2011.

Contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview, primarily just behavioral interview questions about my work ethic and team work ability. Received an invite to the Superday within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had difficulties with a teammate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2010.

Very simple. All behavioral questions, very few technical questions. Interviewers were as interested in getting to know you as a person as they are telling you about the position.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through how Net Income flows through the three financial statements?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, only an internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2010.

1v1 on the phone. Asked about PNC, what LOB you want, where do you think interest rates are heading (read the news and enjoy finance you'll be fine) Second Round consisted of a superday in Pittsburgh; 4 separate 2 on 1 interviews.
     "Tell me about yourself",
    "Tell me about a mistake you made and how you dealt with it"
    "Walk me through how income flows through the balance sheet"
    "Where are interest rates heading"
    "Why would a company issue debt instead of equity"

Interview Questions
    • 1) "Describe how a recession would impact the balance sheet of a manufacturing company"

2) How would a decrease in net income affect a company's 3 financial statements"

View Answer
    • "Why would a company issue debt instead of equity?"   View Answer
    No negotiation, but if you accept within a week of the offer you get a 50% larger signing bonus on top of annual salary

Corporate Bank Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2010.

Super Day

Corporate Banking Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2011.

I attended a Super Day event which consisted of 4, 25 minute interviews. Involved a mix of behavioral, technical, and company fit type questions.

In addition to the interview, there was also a networking reception the previous night designed to familiarize candidates with interviewers. Everyone was extremely friendly and the company was looking for individuals who had a strong work ethic, team players, and geographically flexible.

Haven't heard back yet regarding an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What components of the three financial statements would you look at prior to investing in a company?   Answer Question

Corporate Banking Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2009.

Regular 1st round interview that involved the usual questions. I.e. show me your resume, tell me a little about yourself, etc. Interview lasted 30 mins with option to ask questions afterwards. Interviewer was from Corporate Lending and was interviewing for internships in that particular area. The location was for Pittsburgh, with options in DC as well

Corporate Banking Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2009.

The interviewer asked me 4 simple questions. He was not very prepared and did not work in the positions I was interviewing for, corporate banking. They definitely want to know what you think of National City merger.