PNC Financial Services Group
www.pnc.com Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

PNC Financial Services Group Customer Service Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 7, 2014

Getting the Interview

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cornelius, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter phone interview basic details of what job entails. Second interview phone interview discussed details of job and your experience. Third interview with branch manager.

Interview Question – Name a time you handled a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – I was an internal candidate during my first interview with the company (after a conversion). I was asked general questions such as my experiences with customers and customer service, making referrals, etc.

Interview Question – How did you handle a difficult customer, what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group

Interview Details – I had an interview with the manager of the branch I would be working at and then a second interview with the Regional Manager and the SSSM.

Interview Question – Asked to explain why I had left my past jobs.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The were not open to negotiation. Offer was as-is

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2009.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview and then an in person interview. Was offered a job within 1 week. Drug test and fingerprints taken.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   View Answers (2)

Customer Service Associate

Interview Details – Put in the application, got a phone call from HR asking for an interview at the branch with the manager, after the interview the manager explained to me there were a few more candidates she needed to interview. Got the call back a week later saying I was hired.

Interview Question – I honestly don't remeber questions from the interview. Why do you want to work at PNC?   View Answer

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in May 2013.

Interview Details – When I applied to this position, within a couple of days I was sent an e-mail to take an assessment test that consisted of behavioral questions which was easy. I then got a response the next day and e-mailed back and fourth with the lady in charge to set up a phone interview. We talked and I didn't think I got to the on-site interview because within about 2 weeks I haven't heard anything. But then I got a call to go in. The manager was really nice and I felt like the interview went great and we connected.

Interview Question – What were your responsibilities? How did you handle a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in May 2013.

Interview Details – Waiting to be contacted for an interview is a long process, usually don't get one for a week to 3 weeks after applying. I typically had 2 interviews for positions, focused greatly on customer service and being team oriented. Secondly sales is a huge driving force for the bank. The interviews would last around a half hour to 45 minutes and you would receive a follow up call fairly fast if selected.

Interview Question – Can you explain the human sigma 6 plan or the Ford model   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The pay wasn't reasonable for my experience and skill set with the company.

Midland, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2010.

Interview Details – First you apply online, then you get a call from a recruiter, then a telephone interview, then an online assesment, then an interview, then maybe another depending on the position. The online assesment is pretty easy and the recrutier is pretty friendly. The hardest part is the actual interview in the branch, they ask questions that are very hard to answer when put on the spot.

Interview Question – "Name a time when you had to help an upset customer and they left happy?" " Name a time you had to adjust to a new policy, how did you overcome any concerns with it?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate with the recruiter - I never did, but some coworkers have and when they started at the higher salary they were not allowed to get bonuses for the first year

Very Easy Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2012.

Interview Details – Quick process interview is large group first then if filtered through goes on to individual branch managers

Interview Question – customer service experiences in past   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very little room negotiation.

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted application online. Set up phone interiew online after receiving email. Call was the following day and lasted about 5 minutes - mostly about experience and explained the position. About a week later received another call which was quite similar to the first - little more detail about the position. Set up interivew for 4 days later. I initally applied for a part-time teller position. After interview, my recuiter contacted me and said that the branch manager wanted me to apply for the Customer Service Associate position that was available (which I was not aware of). Went in for follow up interview that was more geared towards sales. A couple days later, was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you had to handle a co-worker that wasn't pulling their share during a group project.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you gave exceptional customer service.   Answer Question
  • What past sales goals have you have and how did you meet or exceed that goal.   Answer Question
  • Mostly typical questions about past experience, customer service, and sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Was happy with the offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at PNC Financial Services Group

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!

PNC Financial Services Group Videos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PNC Financial Services Group Customer Service Associate interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by PNC Financial Services Group employees and interview candidates.