PNC Financial Services Group Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grayslake, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Grayslake, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was with 3 other branch managers. Seemed pressuring at first but they were all friendly. Being humors yet also very professional is helpful. Being yourself and showing the skills they are looking for during the interview are what they look for.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

There was first a phone interview, then the in-person interview with the assistant manager and the manager of the bank. About a week or so later, I had another phone interview with the regional manager

Interview Questions

• -How would I handle a company that is in the process of changing its entire platform of banking? -When have you had a conflict with a coworker or manager? -When have you had to make a sale, tell me about it, was it successful? -How do you react when someone doesn't seem to be into what you're selling?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received an email the following day to do the assessment test, after I completed that a recruiter called to set up a telephone interview. Had a few more things to electronically sign after that. Then a face to face interview was scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you built rapport quickly with someone. After every question about helping a co-worker or helping a client she'd ask how I thought it made them feel.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Phone interview...online assessment then second phone interview. Waited four days for the branch interview time as promised within one day and when they finally called me I had declined. Also, the pay is extremely poor. $11 an hour to work both teller and platform sides, and in NJ with the high tax rates they know better. My check wouldn't be near enough to pay rent of any kind and I have 10+ years experience.

Horrible pay offer. Like seriously they should be embarrassed. Recruiter not following thru with her own promised time of contact. I accepted a position with another company doing almost the same job but for almost twice the pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

We were all shuttled into a conference room, given a video to watch about how great working there is, then divided into groups into little individual (insanely scripted) interview. As long as you have a brain stem you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• What is customer service to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Annapolis, MD) in September 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview. There were four branch managers from different branches in the room. Questions were asked according to your sitting position. There were 10 applicants.Therefore you have to creative and different to avoid repititive answers

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online. A few days later, I received an email with a link to set up a phone interview. The recruiter called at the scheduled time and asked a series of questions to determine eligibility for the job (How many years have you worked in a customer service role? How many years cash handling experience do you have? Have you ever been fired from a job?). The questions seemed a bit rushed, but recruiter was very friendly through the entire process. She also told me more about the job, stating that it was an entry level position and that the pay was $10 per hour. Since this was below my minimum salary requirement, I declined to go further in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with meeting sales goals.   Answer Question

Didn't feel the pay was competitive for the skills they were seeking in the job description. Company was only offering $10 per hour. Taking this job would have meant lowering my pay by one third.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter within a week. The recruiter emailed me links to a personality test and release forms for the background checks. I was contacted again by the recruited to schedule an in person interview. The interview was very standard. It was conducted by the Branch Manager and the Teller Supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to handle a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Orlando, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Pretty easy interview. There for about an hour. Within a couple hours of my interview they offered it to me, so that should have been my sign on how desperate they were. I was also suppose to go on vacation the next week for my previous job, but they told me training started that Monday and I couldn't take my vacation. So my boyfriend and I got screwed out of a vacation just because of training, which they could have easily made an exception. Found out they did for my co worker.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a difficult situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

you interview in a group with roughly 3-4 people and everyone goes around giving an answer. Not as intimidating as it sounds. You answer 5 basic interview questions and they get back to you by email with a decision.