PNC Financial Services Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2014
Updated Sep 2, 2014

2.8

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

The interview process was a bit lengthy (total of 2 months I'd say). I completed an application then two weeks later, I was called back for a phone interview. I passed the first phone interview, then they scheduled me for an additional phone interview. I passed the second interview that I passed and was told to come in for a group interview. The group interview was a large room filled with about 20-25 people. The groups were then separated by 4-6 people per group in different rooms through out the building with a PNC team lead. During the group interview, we were asked scenario questions, and were told to be ourselves. Following a week later, I was called back with a job offer.

Interview Questions
No, but due to my experience they negotiated a fair pay for me.

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2014.

Attended a 'Group' interview in Melbourne, Florida for a Customer Service Representative for PNC in Viera, Florida. What I assumed would be multiple interviewers in the group interview turned out to be multiple applicants being interviewed together. There were three store managers sitting around the oval conference table with the recruiter at the end. The multiple applicants including myself sat at the table. The recruiter played a Company video on her notebook at the beginning of the interview process. She explained how the questions would be asked by asking us the same question in a clockwise order then switching it.

Interview Questions
    • Although the recruiter stated that there were multiple positions and that the applicants weren't competing for the same position was deceiving. The interview tone became combative and competitive. As an experienced CS Rep. I care about people. I wasn't going to use the other applicants answers against them to degrade their qualifications as one did during the interview. Awkward interview style that I would not participate in again unless I was running for a Political office.
      The Group interview enabled one younger applicant to look at the older applicant and state repeatedly that she had a good twenty more years of productive working years to offer. After that this same applicant repeatedly stated how she stays at her job and doesn't skip around after hearing the other applicant state that she has only been at her current bank for a few months. This wasn't a healthy environment where each applicant could promote his/her talents without them being used against them in a competitive way.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2014.

The whole process took about 4 weeks, I applied online and got a call back from a recruiter, I answered a few interview questions then was sent an assessment to my email. After I completed the assessment I was sent another email to schedule and interview time. The interview was a group interview which is what screwed me up because I'm horrible at public speaking.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you provided 5 star customer service   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

- Have you ever been fired?
    - What is your customer service experience?
    - How much money are you looking to make?

Then a long personality test to "calculate" if you are a good fit for the company and the position. A series of likely, very likely, neither....

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Phone Interview, interviewer asks questions that i am totally prepared for.
    very low pay for such a position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2014.

I applied online and had instant feedback. I was called by a recruiter, then we set up a group interview. Group interview took about an hour and a half. It was very laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you have been faced with negative customer, and how did you deal with them?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiting agent who asked basic questions to determine whether I met the minimum requirements. She briefly explained the position and then sent an assessment. Once I completed that I was contacted by another recruiter who simply gave me the number to yet another recruiter - the "main" recruiter for the position. We did a brief phone interview during which he explained in greater detail the position. I was then scheduled for a group interview. It sounds intimidating, but the process was actually very comfortable. I interviewed with three other candidates and we took turns answering the questions, which were behavioral-based. The hiring manager was really nice. It was a positive experience; PNC is pretty laidback.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about a time you had to explain something difficult
      Another question related to your ability to handle change
        Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. The salary met my expectations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2014.

First contact was by phone to set up a phone interview. Then I had one phone and two in person interviews.

The phone interview was with a regional HR-Recruiter that interview was the standard qualifing question to see if you have the basic qualifications and not have something in your past that could disqualify you.

First in person interview was at the branch level and was the standard give me an example of when you did/experienced/handled a particular situation.

Second interview was with a regional representative and they asked many of the same type of questions.

The offer was made a little more than a week after the final interview.

The whole process took about 4 weeks. They proceed with caution at all levels to make sure they are making a good choice.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example where you had to deal with a very upset customer.   Answer Question
    I had researched entry level pay scales for similar positions in this area and their offer was on the upper level of that range and I accpeted the offer without negotiations.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Was contacted a day later by a recruiter, he explained the job description and asked a little bit about my work experience. He then named off some branches that were hiring in my area, so it was nice being able to pick the bank closest to my house. About a week later he called me again and set an interview up with the branch manager which was following a week later after our phone call. Also, between the phone call and the interview I had to take an assessment. The interview was pretty laid back. The branch manager was really easy going and seemed interested in what I had to say. She was also very informative of the position and the training process.

Interview Questions
    • -Why PNC? How does your previous work experience relate to this job?
      -When was a time you've dealt with a difficult customer and they left happy?
      -When was a time you had to bend the rules a little for a customer?"
        Answer Question
    No negotiation. It's all pretty much based on your past work history.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

I applied online for this position and within a week the hiring manager sent me an email to set up an interview. It was a group interview involving about 10-12 interviewees, the hiring manager, and 3 other managers. The interview began with all the interviewees and managers introducing themselves. The managers gave us insights about the company and the position we were interviewing for. Afterwards, the hiring manager asked various customer service questions and everyone took turns giving their answers. Once the questions were done, the interviewees were able to ask the manager questions related to the company and position. This group interview lasted for about 2 hours. I ended up doing well in the group interview and moved on to an one-on-one interview with the branch manager at one of their locations. This was a two part interview. Part one involved the manager asking me questions about my job experiences and what I have contributed to my current and previous jobs. In the second part of the interview, we walked around the grocery store. The purpose of this was to see how well I could interact with strangers and strike up small talk to introduce PNC services and products. This did not go well for me and I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult or unexpected questions. Every question asked dealt with customer service such as name a time you went above and beyond for a customer. The hardest part was thinking of an answer that was different and unique from what everyone else was saying.   View Answer