PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com

PNC Financial Services Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Mar 25, 2014

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and had instant feedback. I was called by a recruiter, then we set up a group interview. Group interview took about an hour and a half. It was very laid back.

Interview Question – Name a time you have been faced with negative customer, and how did you deal with them?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – - Have you ever been fired?
- What is your customer service experience?
- How much money are you looking to make?

Then a long personality test to "calculate" if you are a good fit for the company and the position. A series of likely, very likely, neither....

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – Phone Interview, interviewer asks questions that i am totally prepared for.
very low pay for such a position

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – First contact was by phone to set up a phone interview. Then I had one phone and two in person interviews.

The phone interview was with a regional HR-Recruiter that interview was the standard qualifing question to see if you have the basic qualifications and not have something in your past that could disqualify you.

First in person interview was at the branch level and was the standard give me an example of when you did/experienced/handled a particular situation.

Second interview was with a regional representative and they asked many of the same type of questions.

The offer was made a little more than a week after the final interview.

The whole process took about 4 weeks. They proceed with caution at all levels to make sure they are making a good choice.

Interview Question – Give me an example where you had to deal with a very upset customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had researched entry level pay scales for similar positions in this area and their offer was on the upper level of that range and I accpeted the offer without negotiations.

Customer Service Representative

I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiting agent who asked basic questions to determine whether I met the minimum requirements. She briefly explained the position and then sent an assessment. Once I completed that I was contacted by another recruiter who simply gave me the number to yet another recruiter - the "main" recruiter for the position. We did a brief phone interview during which he explained in greater detail the position. I was then scheduled for a group interview. It sounds intimidating, but the process was actually very comfortable. I interviewed with three other candidates and we took turns answering the questions, which were behavioral-based. The hiring manager was really nice. It was a positive experience; PNC is pretty laidback.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.
Tell me about a time you had to explain something difficult
Another question related to your ability to handle change
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. The salary met my expectations.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – Was contacted a day later by a recruiter, he explained the job description and asked a little bit about my work experience. He then named off some branches that were hiring in my area, so it was nice being able to pick the bank closest to my house. About a week later he called me again and set an interview up with the branch manager which was following a week later after our phone call. Also, between the phone call and the interview I had to take an assessment. The interview was pretty laid back. The branch manager was really easy going and seemed interested in what I had to say. She was also very informative of the position and the training process.

Interview Question – -Why PNC? How does your previous work experience relate to this job?
-When was a time you've dealt with a difficult customer and they left happy?
-When was a time you had to bend the rules a little for a customer?"
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It's all pretty much based on your past work history.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and was e-mailed about doing a group interview a week or so later. I couldn't make it, but was e-mailed again a few weeks later when they were doing another round of interviews, which surprised me. The branch manager and the HR rep were both involved. It was a group interview where a question was asked and the interviewees went around the room giving answers. The questions were all what is mentioned on this site, so it wasn't too difficult but answers also tend to get repetitive if you're not the first or second to answer. If you don't have any banking experience and other candidates in the interview do it feels as though they immediately count you out. Those who had banking experience were taken to talk to the branch manager after the interview, while those who didn't were told they would hear back soon. Having no banking experience, I heard back about seven business days later that they were 'moving forward with other candidates'.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult/unexpected. They had a sheet of six or seven questions which were all listed on Glassdoor, so I was prepared to answer those questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – I applied online for this position and within a week the hiring manager sent me an email to set up an interview. It was a group interview involving about 10-12 interviewees, the hiring manager, and 3 other managers. The interview began with all the interviewees and managers introducing themselves. The managers gave us insights about the company and the position we were interviewing for. Afterwards, the hiring manager asked various customer service questions and everyone took turns giving their answers. Once the questions were done, the interviewees were able to ask the manager questions related to the company and position. This group interview lasted for about 2 hours. I ended up doing well in the group interview and moved on to an one-on-one interview with the branch manager at one of their locations. This was a two part interview. Part one involved the manager asking me questions about my job experiences and what I have contributed to my current and previous jobs. In the second part of the interview, we walked around the grocery store. The purpose of this was to see how well I could interact with strangers and strike up small talk to introduce PNC services and products. This did not go well for me and I did not get the job.

Interview Question – There weren't really any difficult or unexpected questions. Every question asked dealt with customer service such as name a time you went above and beyond for a customer. The hardest part was thinking of an answer that was different and unique from what everyone else was saying.   View Answer

Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in May 2012.

Interview Details – The company does most of their screening prior to the face to face interview. You are tested on how well you can multi-task, which is a pretty simple if you have every used a phone before. The interview asks about previous employment and how you handled specific situations. Be sure to know the history of your work.

Interview Question – How did you handle when a customer was upset?   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – I applied on-line. A HR representative contacted me via e-mail in order to establish a phone interview. We discussed the position and my qualifications. A skills test followed. I completed an on-line application and I gave my permission for the background and drug tests. I got a call a couple days later and I scheduled the in-person interview. I went to the interview, discussed the position as well as my experience and qualifications one more time. I signed more paperwork regarding my (lack of) criminal convictions. I received a job offer. I completed a drug test and I was fingerprinted for yet another? background test.

Con: The background check process is very complex, which I assume is normal for the banking industry , and also very confusing. The confusing part makes me , personally, nervous.
Pro: The recruiters , HR employees were very helpful so far.

Overall: It is a friendly atmosphere and they do accommodate your needs during the interviewing process.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a mistake you made in the past.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was fair so I did not negotiate.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!