PNC Financial Services Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterford, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Waterford, MI).

Interview

The interview was professional and went very well with my manager . She was very polite and asked a lot of questions and wanted to get to know a lot about me and asked me how much more I wanted to know about PNC as a bank and what they offered their customers.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what made want to work at PNC, my experience with banking, how would I handle various customers coming into the branch at the time be it good or bad and my approach with B2B sales.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Phone interview. Then online test with some pretty bizarre questions some having nothing to do with the position. Passing that you get invited to a Group interview of about 40-50 potential employees. Had to speak about yourself in front of the entire group about yourself and your backround. About 10 managers split people up into groups of 4 or 5. They then go around the group and ask interview questions. Pretty awkward. Then they take everyone on a tour in the call center while people are taking live calls. I was originally offered the job then they called me back 5 min. later to tell me that they decided to not extend the offer to me. I was floored and speechless. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied for position online. Got an email within 48 hours asking for a more formal application. The next day I got an email to take a IQ/Skills Test. Waited about 2 days, got an email to schedule a phone interview. Got a call later, skipped phone interview and went to schedule to come in for a Group Interview/Hiring Event.
    At the Hiring Event, we broke up into group. 1st interview was with one other applicant and two Group Leaders. Lasted about 45 mins (5-6 questions). Then we went and watched a short video about PNC. Then I had my 2nd 1on1 interview with a Manger. Lasted about 25 mins (5 questions). Within 48 hours I was called back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehall, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Whitehall, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed online, within 24 hours I received an e-mail asking me to complete a series of tests (they were no difficult, just general questions to see if you can add and spell, etc.).. Was then asked to do a phone interview, which lasted about 20 minutes. Was then contacted via e-mail for second interview, that ended up being a group interview. Later on that day, I was contacted and offered a position. Training began a couple weeks later, training lasted for 3 months.

Interview Questions

• - Why work at PNC?
      - How can you help
      - Times that you have exceed customer expectation and delivered excellent customer service
      - Where do you morals and ethics come from

1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Took assessment online and then called for a phone interview. Wanted to do phone interview in my current employers break room. Odd. Did face to face interview lasted 75 minutes. Detailed questions concerning my current customer service position. Found some questions were not relevant for the job. Followed a printed form of questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked many questions about difficult customer service issues.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehall, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Whitehall, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

I put a application in on Nov 20th. That Friday I did my assessment. After that I was called the following Friday for a phone interview. On the phone I was told to come in for the group interview. Which was that following Tuesday. Went in did the group interview and was told I would know something by the next day or following. Recieved a call the next day and accepted offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview first, I then went to a group interview. The interview was with about 4 other people. When we were talking it felt like we were just simply having a group discussion. You have to dress business professional. The people are very great and nice

Interview Questions

• Give an example of : that's the questions they asked   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

The interview process was a bit lengthy (total of 2 months I'd say). I completed an application then two weeks later, I was called back for a phone interview. I passed the first phone interview, then they scheduled me for an additional phone interview. I passed the second interview that I passed and was told to come in for a group interview. The group interview was a large room filled with about 20-25 people. The groups were then separated by 4-6 people per group in different rooms through out the building with a PNC team lead. During the group interview, we were asked scenario questions, and were told to be ourselves. Following a week later, I was called back with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, but due to my experience they negotiated a fair pay for me.

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Melbourne, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

Attended a 'Group' interview in Melbourne, Florida for a Customer Service Representative for PNC in Viera, Florida. What I assumed would be multiple interviewers in the group interview turned out to be multiple applicants being interviewed together. There were three store managers sitting around the oval conference table with the recruiter at the end. The multiple applicants including myself sat at the table. The recruiter played a Company video on her notebook at the beginning of the interview process. She explained how the questions would be asked by asking us the same question in a clockwise order then switching it.

Interview Questions

• Although the recruiter stated that there were multiple positions and that the applicants weren't competing for the same position was deceiving. The interview tone became combative and competitive. As an experienced CS Rep. I care about people. I wasn't going to use the other applicants answers against them to degrade their qualifications as one did during the interview. Awkward interview style that I would not participate in again unless I was running for a Political office.
      The Group interview enabled one younger applicant to look at the older applicant and state repeatedly that she had a good twenty more years of productive working years to offer. After that this same applicant repeatedly stated how she stays at her job and doesn't skip around after hearing the other applicant state that she has only been at her current bank for a few months. This wasn't a healthy environment where each applicant could promote his/her talents without them being used against them in a competitive way.

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2014.

Interview

The whole process took about 4 weeks, I applied online and got a call back from a recruiter, I answered a few interview questions then was sent an assessment to my email. After I completed the assessment I was sent another email to schedule and interview time. The interview was a group interview which is what screwed me up because I'm horrible at public speaking.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you provided 5 star customer service   Answer Question