PNC Financial Services Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2015
Updated Mar 9, 2015

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Phone interview. Then online test with some pretty bizarre questions some having nothing to do with the position. Passing that you get invited to a Group interview of about 40-50 potential employees. Had to speak about yourself in front of the entire group about yourself and your backround. About 10 managers split people up into groups of 4 or 5. They then go around the group and ask interview questions. Pretty awkward. Then they take everyone on a tour in the call center while people are taking live calls. I was originally offered the job then they called me back 5 min. later to tell me that they decided to not extend the offer to me. I was floored and speechless. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Took assessment online and then called for a phone interview. Wanted to do phone interview in my current employers break room. Odd. Did face to face interview lasted 75 minutes. Detailed questions concerning my current customer service position. Found some questions were not relevant for the job. Followed a printed form of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Asked many questions about difficult customer service issues.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehall, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehall, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in December 2014.

I put a application in on Nov 20th. That Friday I did my assessment. After that I was called the following Friday for a phone interview. On the phone I was told to come in for the group interview. Which was that following Tuesday. Went in did the group interview and was told I would know something by the next day or following. Recieved a call the next day and accepted offer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

The interview process was a bit lengthy (total of 2 months I'd say). I completed an application then two weeks later, I was called back for a phone interview. I passed the first phone interview, then they scheduled me for an additional phone interview. I passed the second interview that I passed and was told to come in for a group interview. The group interview was a large room filled with about 20-25 people. The groups were then separated by 4-6 people per group in different rooms through out the building with a PNC team lead. During the group interview, we were asked scenario questions, and were told to be ourselves. Following a week later, I was called back with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    No, but due to my experience they negotiated a fair pay for me.

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2014.

Attended a 'Group' interview in Melbourne, Florida for a Customer Service Representative for PNC in Viera, Florida. What I assumed would be multiple interviewers in the group interview turned out to be multiple applicants being interviewed together. There were three store managers sitting around the oval conference table with the recruiter at the end. The multiple applicants including myself sat at the table. The recruiter played a Company video on her notebook at the beginning of the interview process. She explained how the questions would be asked by asking us the same question in a clockwise order then switching it.

Interview Questions
    • Although the recruiter stated that there were multiple positions and that the applicants weren't competing for the same position was deceiving. The interview tone became combative and competitive. As an experienced CS Rep. I care about people. I wasn't going to use the other applicants answers against them to degrade their qualifications as one did during the interview. Awkward interview style that I would not participate in again unless I was running for a Political office.
      The Group interview enabled one younger applicant to look at the older applicant and state repeatedly that she had a good twenty more years of productive working years to offer. After that this same applicant repeatedly stated how she stays at her job and doesn't skip around after hearing the other applicant state that she has only been at her current bank for a few months. This wasn't a healthy environment where each applicant could promote his/her talents without them being used against them in a competitive way.

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2014.

The whole process took about 4 weeks, I applied online and got a call back from a recruiter, I answered a few interview questions then was sent an assessment to my email. After I completed the assessment I was sent another email to schedule and interview time. The interview was a group interview which is what screwed me up because I'm horrible at public speaking.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you provided 5 star customer service   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

- Have you ever been fired?
    - What is your customer service experience?
    - How much money are you looking to make?

Then a long personality test to "calculate" if you are a good fit for the company and the position. A series of likely, very likely, neither....

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Phone Interview, interviewer asks questions that i am totally prepared for.
    very low pay for such a position

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2014.

I applied online and had instant feedback. I was called by a recruiter, then we set up a group interview. Group interview took about an hour and a half. It was very laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you have been faced with negative customer, and how did you deal with them?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiting agent who asked basic questions to determine whether I met the minimum requirements. She briefly explained the position and then sent an assessment. Once I completed that I was contacted by another recruiter who simply gave me the number to yet another recruiter - the "main" recruiter for the position. We did a brief phone interview during which he explained in greater detail the position. I was then scheduled for a group interview. It sounds intimidating, but the process was actually very comfortable. I interviewed with three other candidates and we took turns answering the questions, which were behavioral-based. The hiring manager was really nice. It was a positive experience; PNC is pretty laidback.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about a time you had to explain something difficult
      Another question related to your ability to handle change

Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. The salary met my expectations.