PNC Financial Services Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015
Updated Apr 6, 2015

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Melbourne, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

Attended a 'Group' interview in Melbourne, Florida for a Customer Service Representative for PNC in Viera, Florida. What I assumed would be multiple interviewers in the group interview turned out to be multiple applicants being interviewed together. There were three store managers sitting around the oval conference table with the recruiter at the end. The multiple applicants including myself sat at the table. The recruiter played a Company video on her notebook at the beginning of the interview process. She explained how the questions would be asked by asking us the same question in a clockwise order then switching it.

Interview Questions

• Although the recruiter stated that there were multiple positions and that the applicants weren't competing for the same position was deceiving. The interview tone became combative and competitive. As an experienced CS Rep. I care about people. I wasn't going to use the other applicants answers against them to degrade their qualifications as one did during the interview. Awkward interview style that I would not participate in again unless I was running for a Political office.
    The Group interview enabled one younger applicant to look at the older applicant and state repeatedly that she had a good twenty more years of productive working years to offer. After that this same applicant repeatedly stated how she stays at her job and doesn't skip around after hearing the other applicant state that she has only been at her current bank for a few months. This wasn't a healthy environment where each applicant could promote his/her talents without them being used against them in a competitive way.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Phone interview. Then online test with some pretty bizarre questions some having nothing to do with the position. Passing that you get invited to a Group interview of about 40-50 potential employees. Had to speak about yourself in front of the entire group about yourself and your backround. About 10 managers split people up into groups of 4 or 5. They then go around the group and ask interview questions. Pretty awkward. Then they take everyone on a tour in the call center while people are taking live calls. I was originally offered the job then they called me back 5 min. later to tell me that they decided to not extend the offer to me. I was floored and speechless. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

The interview process was a bit lengthy (total of 2 months I'd say). I completed an application then two weeks later, I was called back for a phone interview. I passed the first phone interview, then they scheduled me for an additional phone interview. I passed the second interview that I passed and was told to come in for a group interview. The group interview was a large room filled with about 20-25 people. The groups were then separated by 4-6 people per group in different rooms through out the building with a PNC team lead. During the group interview, we were asked scenario questions, and were told to be ourselves. Following a week later, I was called back with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, but due to my experience they negotiated a fair pay for me.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Took assessment online and then called for a phone interview. Wanted to do phone interview in my current employers break room. Odd. Did face to face interview lasted 75 minutes. Detailed questions concerning my current customer service position. Found some questions were not relevant for the job. Followed a printed form of questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked many questions about difficult customer service issues.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied for position online. Got an email within 48 hours asking for a more formal application. The next day I got an email to take a IQ/Skills Test. Waited about 2 days, got an email to schedule a phone interview. Got a call later, skipped phone interview and went to schedule to come in for a Group Interview/Hiring Event.
    At the Hiring Event, we broke up into group. 1st interview was with one other applicant and two Group Leaders. Lasted about 45 mins (5-6 questions). Then we went and watched a short video about PNC. Then I had my 2nd 1on1 interview with a Manger. Lasted about 25 mins (5 questions). Within 48 hours I was called back.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Whitehall, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

I put a application in on Nov 20th. That Friday I did my assessment. After that I was called the following Friday for a phone interview. On the phone I was told to come in for the group interview. Which was that following Tuesday. Went in did the group interview and was told I would know something by the next day or following. Recieved a call the next day and accepted offer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Kalamazoo, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and had instant feedback. I was called by a recruiter, then we set up a group interview. Group interview took about an hour and a half. It was very laid back.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you have been faced with negative customer, and how did you deal with them?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2014.

Interview

The whole process took about 4 weeks, I applied online and got a call back from a recruiter, I answered a few interview questions then was sent an assessment to my email. After I completed the assessment I was sent another email to schedule and interview time. The interview was a group interview which is what screwed me up because I'm horrible at public speaking.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you provided 5 star customer service   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Kalamazoo, MI) in March 2011.

Interview

An initial telephone interview was scheduled and conducted with a human resources rep. This interview lasted around 30 minutes, was fairly simple and just laid the ground work the 1:1 interview. The rep asked simple questions about my experience and education. The 1:1 interview was more of the same, but the human resources rep explained in detail the job title and hours. Also at the 1:1 interview I was witness to the fun and relaxed atmosphere of the call center. Overall it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Please explain a situation where you went above and beyond what your job description to help out a customer.   1 Answer
    • Why did you leave your previous employer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was available. They were able to meet my expected salary. They offered 26,000 per year, I talked them up to offering 28,000 per year.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

I applied online for this position and within a week the hiring manager sent me an email to set up an interview. It was a group interview involving about 10-12 interviewees, the hiring manager, and 3 other managers. The interview began with all the interviewees and managers introducing themselves. The managers gave us insights about the company and the position we were interviewing for. Afterwards, the hiring manager asked various customer service questions and everyone took turns giving their answers. Once the questions were done, the interviewees were able to ask the manager questions related to the company and position. This group interview lasted for about 2 hours. I ended up doing well in the group interview and moved on to an one-on-one interview with the branch manager at one of their locations. This was a two part interview. Part one involved the manager asking me questions about my job experiences and what I have contributed to my current and previous jobs. In the second part of the interview, we walked around the grocery store. The purpose of this was to see how well I could interact with strangers and strike up small talk to introduce PNC services and products. This did not go well for me and I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any difficult or unexpected questions. Every question asked dealt with customer service such as name a time you went above and beyond for a customer. The hardest part was thinking of an answer that was different and unique from what everyone else was saying.   1 Answer