PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com
  www.pnc.com

PNC Financial Services Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.9

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Was contacted a day later by a recruiter, he explained the job description and asked a little bit about my work experience. He then named off some branches that were hiring in my area, so it was nice being able to pick the bank closest to my house. About a week later he called me again and set an interview up with the branch manager which was following a week later after our phone call. Also, between the phone call and the interview I had to take an assessment. The interview was pretty laid back. The branch manager was really easy going and seemed interested in what I had to say. She was also very informative of the position and the training process.

Interview Questions
  • -Why PNC? How does your previous work experience relate to this job?
    -When was a time you've dealt with a difficult customer and they left happy?
    -When was a time you had to bend the rules a little for a customer?"

Answer Question
No negotiation. It's all pretty much based on your past work history.

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

I applied online for this position and within a week the hiring manager sent me an email to set up an interview. It was a group interview involving about 10-12 interviewees, the hiring manager, and 3 other managers. The interview began with all the interviewees and managers introducing themselves. The managers gave us insights about the company and the position we were interviewing for. Afterwards, the hiring manager asked various customer service questions and everyone took turns giving their answers. Once the questions were done, the interviewees were able to ask the manager questions related to the company and position. This group interview lasted for about 2 hours. I ended up doing well in the group interview and moved on to an one-on-one interview with the branch manager at one of their locations. This was a two part interview. Part one involved the manager asking me questions about my job experiences and what I have contributed to my current and previous jobs. In the second part of the interview, we walked around the grocery store. The purpose of this was to see how well I could interact with strangers and strike up small talk to introduce PNC services and products. This did not go well for me and I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult or unexpected questions. Every question asked dealt with customer service such as name a time you went above and beyond for a customer. The hardest part was thinking of an answer that was different and unique from what everyone else was saying.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2013.

Applied online and was e-mailed about doing a group interview a week or so later. I couldn't make it, but was e-mailed again a few weeks later when they were doing another round of interviews, which surprised me. The branch manager and the HR rep were both involved. It was a group interview where a question was asked and the interviewees went around the room giving answers. The questions were all what is mentioned on this site, so it wasn't too difficult but answers also tend to get repetitive if you're not the first or second to answer. If you don't have any banking experience and other candidates in the interview do it feels as though they immediately count you out. Those who had banking experience were taken to talk to the branch manager after the interview, while those who didn't were told they would hear back soon. Having no banking experience, I heard back about seven business days later that they were 'moving forward with other candidates'.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult/unexpected. They had a sheet of six or seven questions which were all listed on Glassdoor, so I was prepared to answer those questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

I applied on-line. A HR representative contacted me via e-mail in order to establish a phone interview. We discussed the position and my qualifications. A skills test followed. I completed an on-line application and I gave my permission for the background and drug tests. I got a call a couple days later and I scheduled the in-person interview. I went to the interview, discussed the position as well as my experience and qualifications one more time. I signed more paperwork regarding my (lack of) criminal convictions. I received a job offer. I completed a drug test and I was fingerprinted for yet another? background test.

Con: The background check process is very complex, which I assume is normal for the banking industry , and also very confusing. The confusing part makes me , personally, nervous.
    Pro: The recruiters , HR employees were very helpful so far.

Overall: It is a friendly atmosphere and they do accommodate your needs during the interviewing process.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a mistake you made in the past.   View Answer
    The offer was fair so I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in May 2012.

The company does most of their screening prior to the face to face interview. You are tested on how well you can multi-task, which is a pretty simple if you have every used a phone before. The interview asks about previous employment and how you handled specific situations. Be sure to know the history of your work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2011.

An initial telephone interview was scheduled and conducted with a human resources rep. This interview lasted around 30 minutes, was fairly simple and just laid the ground work the 1:1 interview. The rep asked simple questions about my experience and education. The 1:1 interview was more of the same, but the human resources rep explained in detail the job title and hours. Also at the 1:1 interview I was witness to the fun and relaxed atmosphere of the call center. Overall it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain a situation where you went above and beyond what your job description to help out a customer.   View Answer
    • Why did you leave your previous employer?   View Answer
    Negotiation was available. They were able to meet my expected salary. They offered 26,000 per year, I talked them up to offering 28,000 per year.