PNC Financial Services Group Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2015.

The interview was long but worthwhile. I interviewed in a personal setting and the people you speak with are extremely knowledgable and easy to talk to. I was taken out to lunch and we spoke there as well. It was more of a personal interview and not so much behavior oriented. They wanted to know about me, not about what I have or have not done...my resume covered that.

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

First round Interview was on campus with two PNC employees, one local and one from the corporate office. Both were very nice and relaxed. Mostly asked you to elaborate certain points of your resume. They stressed geographic flexibility and that you would be willing to move around for training. Very easy going interview overall. Second round would be at corporate.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

The process was very detailed. I had about three phone interviews before I had my final interview. The final interview was in Pittsburgh Pa where there were 50 other Canadians and they were only going to choose 25. The phone interviews were pretty easy but the Final interview questions were more difficult and some were technical questions.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

The interview was secured through a hiring agency. The first interview involved meeting individually with 4 members of the department that held the job. I was told a second interview would take place at a later date but I was never contacted afterward by anyone from the department so it was an implied rejection.

Interview Questions
    • What is my expected career progression in the event that I was given an offer?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2011.

There were actually two PNC employees who interviewed me and asked some difficult questions about my interests in banking so that they could determine a good fit for me within the organization. Geographic flexibility was a requirement for the position because they were planning on putting you wherever they decided you would be the best fit. I thought the people were nice but the mixer the night before was business professional, which was odd. I thought it was a overall a pretty difficult interview with multiple questions that caught me off guard.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2011.

Overall, the interview process was not too difficult. However, I highly recommend that you put in the time and actually prepare for the Super Day (this was my first Super Day). In preparation, I read a few vault guides and then look over a lot of interview questions. The Super Day consisted of 3 (2:1) interviews. Most of the questions I received were most of the things I noticed in the vault guides. So all in all, just be prepared.

N/A

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in December 2009.

Contacted by HR about my application. Called 4 days later for interview, but wasn't aware it wasn't for position I didn't apply for. Once email confirmation sent, then I realized that it was for another position and got the information for the position. I guess they were short on applicants. The manager was a bit scattered as this is a newly created position.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2009.

The first interview was on site at my university. The following week the super day, or final round of interviews were held at their headquarters. This consisted of 10 interviews in one day preceded by a dinner meet and greet. Interviews were mostly behavioral but most also tested concepts and knowledge in the financial world.

none

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2009.

First went through a 30 minute interview with a local manager. Then was invited to a round of interview in the company headquarters at Pittsburgh. Went through a long interview day meeting with midlevel managers and higher from all over the country--at least nine. A couple of them might ask you technical questions, the majority will be more behavioral or getting to know the company kinds. Have lots of questions and don't be flustered if one interviewers seems particularly mean.