PNC Financial Services Group

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

East Brunswick, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – Group interview

Interview Question – Many ask this...give an example of a time when you went out of your way for a customer and were commended for it.   View Answer

Flourtown, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was very easy and laid back. Simple questions regarding previous history and how well my sales skills were. Focused on building revenue for the branch of which you work for and understanding the schedule of which you will work; which has been extended even more than what was promised.

Interview Question – What sort of leader would you like to be?   Answer Question

Financial Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – Received an email stating they would like to set up a phone interview, then had a phone interview several days later. The phone interview is about 20 minutes in length. If you meet the criteria for the position, they will then set up another phone interview with more in depth questions. If you pass that interview, they will then set you up on either a one-on-one or group interview. The group interview is not as bad as you think. They are just looking for how you interact with the people who are going up against you for the position. Having a good personality and being sociable is KEY!!
You want to stand out in the crowd, but not try to seem like you're trying to take over the room. It has been my experience that being respectful, personable, funny and attentive are the best attributes. Discussing all of your accomplishments does not seem to hit very well with the interviewing panel. It makes you look like you are trying to 'look' better than everyone else, when they want you to 'be' better by showing your personality and passion for the position.

Interview Question – Would you rather be a book or an animal? Which one and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The first offer was very low. I came back with a very high counter offer, so we could meet in the middle. I accomplished getting what I needed/deserved at the time. We went back and forth about 4 times.

Very Difficult Interview

Wooster, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2009.

Interview Details – non interview, management needs training on interviews

Interview Question – why not doing complete financial planning, when they new we aren't permitted to do planning and don't have the tools   View Answer

Financial Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the branch manager and recruiter. They asked numerous in regards to handling clients and how I go about making sales.

Interview Question – How do you handle customer service problems?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PNC Financial Services Group

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!

PNC Financial Services Group Videos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PNC Financial Services Group Financial Consultant interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by PNC Financial Services Group employees and interview candidates.