PNC Financial Services Group Financial Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.6

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Interviewed with the Vice President Branch Manager and Manager. The interview lasted for approx 1 hr and 30 mins. This particular branch was a very team oriented branch and were very respectful of considering the branch as a team. Confidence is key.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength and weakness? What can you offer that other candidates may not be able to?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Baltimore, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

This was my second interview with PNC. They didn't pick me for the first location and then another recruiter called and placed me elsewhere. The current location I am going to has a very relaxed atmosphere although it is still sales so you have to get out there and talk to people. I was told during the slower traffic times I am to go into the store and bring people back; its a grocery location. The interview consisted of an interview with the branck manager it lasted about an hour. Then another with the regional manager which lasted abput 30 minutes. Nothing to hard as far as the questions really just the tell me a time when type questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a coworker do something unethical and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate some I told the regional manager about another offer I had and asked if they could at least come close. She basically told me it was up to the recruiter and that she thought it was unlikely because I am coming from retail and not banking. The recruiter did up the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Although, I was early the interview started late. The manager didn't seem to be experienced enough or open-minded enough to be conducting an interview. This manager didn't possess certain skills and openly seemed to attempt to find something "wrong" with my resume. After naming all the qualities that were being looked for and it being confirmed that I have them, I began to consider that this manager may have been looking for something specific that would be more discriminatory. By the way that certain sentences were phrased and views expressed I believed that I may have been discriminated against for example, I was expected to be less professional and less intelligent based on my ethnicity. This manager didn't possess certain qualities that I have seen of a great interviewers and seemed to have already come to certain conclusions about me and my experiences before any questions were asked (the facial expressions showed this) and those conclusions were kept even after I provided a way for the reasoning to be understand in its entirety. The interview was conducted recently and therefore it is too early to be presented with an offer at all. On a side note, I was greeted exceptionally well by the tellers. They were professional, friendly, and extended those same greet traits to each and every customer that I saw come in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Interview process was pretty smooth and punctual. The first and foremost was the phone interview, which lasted around 15 minutes. About a week later, I was called in for a one on one interview with the branch manager and approximately a week after that, I had my final interview which was with the district manager. Once I was done with the final interview, they offered me a position exactly a week later.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you overcame a difficulty/problem?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you had to respond to an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

i was called to interview then no response. no offer or decline. I tried to figure out what happen and then recruiter wouldn't call or even email me back. I finally gave up and accepted a different job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Laurel, MD) in December 2014.

Interview

I had 4 interviews.. first was the phone screen second was the group interview third was with the branch manager and fourth was with the Customer service manager. Didn't receive offer

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Filled online application, had a call for phone interview followed by group interview... Then i was selected among the lot to meet the branch manager at my closest location for another phase of interview. Their system was pretty smooth. You need to have a good understanding of banking products and sales. If you have previous banking industry experience, then you will be an Ideal Candidate for them!!

Interview Questions

• Your knowledge about banking , what have you done in selling banks products, how to handle difficult clients, a lot of questions so prepare very well!!!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Basically you need to negotiate a little bit but don't stress so much!!!

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

phone interview, group interview and 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any. They were all standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nono

Application

Interview

The process usually starts with online application from PNC website. If contacted by recruiter, a group interview is usually the next step with multiple managers in attendance. Next, each manager will schedule one on one interviews and choose from the pool of one on one interviews. The whole process usually takes few weeks.

Interview Questions

• The questions seemed to be your standard interview questions. Perhaps the most difficult one to answer was explaining a time when I had to deal with an irate customer. Some aspects of a successful answer depends upon the interviewers concept of what is the correct way to handle such a situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Always offer a counter offer for your salary. You just may get it or at least an increase in the company's salary offer.

Anonymous Employee in North, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (North, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

I submitted a resume online within a day I received a response by phone. The recruiter was pleasant and didn't take me into a long drawn out explain your resume again saga. She like my responses and immediately referred me over to the in store branch. It took 2 days after she sent over my information for him to call me back. I went in for the interview which lasted two hours. He asked me several questions about only one of my sales positions about how our commission structure worked.Finally, after all of that he sent me in to the isles to watch how they try and pull customers back to in store for more information. I didn't get the position which took another 4 days to find out. The recruiter said he stated I didn't have enough sales experience the job only requires a minimum of 1 year which I have from a previous job which is strictly sales. I didn't understand that one especially when he really didn't talk a lot about sales. He was nice but it was crazy. Why keep me too hours not to hire me a waste of time. The next the recruiter felt I should have gotten the position sent me out again to another in store branch close by. This one was with a female who from the start seemed to have a problem with me she was poorly dressed and late getting to the store at 9 then reschedule to 10 and she was still late. She asked basic questions about sales and how I would sale Pnc Products. She stated how would you sale PNC because product knowledge doesn't help and training doesn't prepare you for this. Im thinking so how did you do it then. She had me go out into the isle to see if I could introduce myself to strangers and strike up a conversation. It was ridiculous because I couldn't talk about PNC because I didn't work for them. Needless to say she didn't hire me she didn't like me from the start and didn't know me. She commented on my shoes being uncomfortable I had on a suit and heels. How should I have dressed for a bank interview. I couldn't wear sneakers. The recruiter was awesome she tried so hard the in store manager the first one was good the second one not so much.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, what have you sold how do you sell to a difficult customer   Answer Question