PNC Financial Services Group Financial Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Towson, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

I initially applied online through their website. After that I got an email from a recruiter to come to a group interview. There were about 20 candidates for different positions. They asked us questions and we went around the table answering. After that was a one on one interview with a branch manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Although, I was early the interview started late. The manager didn't seem to be experienced enough or open-minded enough to be conducting an interview. This manager didn't possess certain skills and openly seemed to attempt to find something "wrong" with my resume. After naming all the qualities that were being looked for and it being confirmed that I have them, I began to consider that this manager may have been looking for something specific that would be more discriminatory. By the way that certain sentences were phrased and views expressed I believed that I may have been discriminated against for example, I was expected to be less professional and less intelligent based on my ethnicity. This manager didn't possess certain qualities that I have seen of a great interviewers and seemed to have already come to certain conclusions about me and my experiences before any questions were asked (the facial expressions showed this) and those conclusions were kept even after I provided a way for the reasoning to be understand in its entirety. The interview was conducted recently and therefore it is too early to be presented with an offer at all. On a side note, I was greeted exceptionally well by the tellers. They were professional, friendly, and extended those same greet traits to each and every customer that I saw come in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Interview process was pretty smooth and punctual. The first and foremost was the phone interview, which lasted around 15 minutes. About a week later, I was called in for a one on one interview with the branch manager and approximately a week after that, I had my final interview which was with the district manager. Once I was done with the final interview, they offered me a position exactly a week later.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you overcame a difficulty/problem?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you had to respond to an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

i was called to interview then no response. no offer or decline. I tried to figure out what happen and then recruiter wouldn't call or even email me back. I finally gave up and accepted a different job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Laurel, MD) in December 2014.

Interview

I had 4 interviews.. first was the phone screen second was the group interview third was with the branch manager and fourth was with the Customer service manager. Didn't receive offer

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Filled online application, had a call for phone interview followed by group interview... Then i was selected among the lot to meet the branch manager at my closest location for another phase of interview. Their system was pretty smooth. You need to have a good understanding of banking products and sales. If you have previous banking industry experience, then you will be an Ideal Candidate for them!!

Interview Questions

• Your knowledge about banking , what have you done in selling banks products, how to handle difficult clients, a lot of questions so prepare very well!!!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Basically you need to negotiate a little bit but don't stress so much!!!

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

phone interview, group interview and 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any. They were all standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nono

Application

Interview

The process usually starts with online application from PNC website. If contacted by recruiter, a group interview is usually the next step with multiple managers in attendance. Next, each manager will schedule one on one interviews and choose from the pool of one on one interviews. The whole process usually takes few weeks.

Interview Questions

• The questions seemed to be your standard interview questions. Perhaps the most difficult one to answer was explaining a time when I had to deal with an irate customer. Some aspects of a successful answer depends upon the interviewers concept of what is the correct way to handle such a situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Always offer a counter offer for your salary. You just may get it or at least an increase in the company's salary offer.

Anonymous Employee in North, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (North, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

I submitted a resume online within a day I received a response by phone. The recruiter was pleasant and didn't take me into a long drawn out explain your resume again saga. She like my responses and immediately referred me over to the in store branch. It took 2 days after she sent over my information for him to call me back. I went in for the interview which lasted two hours. He asked me several questions about only one of my sales positions about how our commission structure worked.Finally, after all of that he sent me in to the isles to watch how they try and pull customers back to in store for more information. I didn't get the position which took another 4 days to find out. The recruiter said he stated I didn't have enough sales experience the job only requires a minimum of 1 year which I have from a previous job which is strictly sales. I didn't understand that one especially when he really didn't talk a lot about sales. He was nice but it was crazy. Why keep me too hours not to hire me a waste of time. The next the recruiter felt I should have gotten the position sent me out again to another in store branch close by. This one was with a female who from the start seemed to have a problem with me she was poorly dressed and late getting to the store at 9 then reschedule to 10 and she was still late. She asked basic questions about sales and how I would sale Pnc Products. She stated how would you sale PNC because product knowledge doesn't help and training doesn't prepare you for this. Im thinking so how did you do it then. She had me go out into the isle to see if I could introduce myself to strangers and strike up a conversation. It was ridiculous because I couldn't talk about PNC because I didn't work for them. Needless to say she didn't hire me she didn't like me from the start and didn't know me. She commented on my shoes being uncomfortable I had on a suit and heels. How should I have dressed for a bank interview. I couldn't wear sneakers. The recruiter was awesome she tried so hard the in store manager the first one was good the second one not so much.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, what have you sold how do you sell to a difficult customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Wayne, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

The whole process took about two weeks. I originally applied online for a FT teller position and took an assessment. Two days later I received a phone call for a "phone interview" that lasted about five minutes. Just simple questions asking about the position you are applying for and your job history. Later that day I received and e-mail from an HR Representative to schedule and reserve a seat for a group interview (five days after the initial phone interview). Due to weather conditions, the group interview was cancelled and the HR Rep did individual phone interviews instead. My phone interview lasted about 30-40 minutes.The HR Rep explained the FSC position to me and said she thought I would be well suited for that. I was given another assessment to take for this position. The HR Rep called me about five days later and scheduled and interview for me with the branch manager for the FSC position. The interview was the following day. I received a phone call the morning after the interview with a job offer! I accepted the offer and went for drug screening and fingerprinting that day.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions for customer service positions. Also asks why you want the specific job   Answer Question