PNC Financial Services Group Financial Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.5

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Filled online application, had a call for phone interview followed by group interview... Then i was selected among the lot to meet the branch manager at my closest location for another phase of interview. Their system was pretty smooth. You need to have a good understanding of banking products and sales. If you have previous banking industry experience, then you will be an Ideal Candidate for them!!

Interview Questions
  • Your knowledge about banking , what have you done in selling banks products, how to handle difficult clients, a lot of questions so prepare very well!!!   Answer Question
Basically you need to negotiate a little bit but don't stress so much!!!

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

phone interview, group interview and 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any. They were all standard interview questions.   Answer Question
    Nono

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

The process usually starts with online application from PNC website. If contacted by recruiter, a group interview is usually the next step with multiple managers in attendance. Next, each manager will schedule one on one interviews and choose from the pool of one on one interviews. The whole process usually takes few weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The questions seemed to be your standard interview questions. Perhaps the most difficult one to answer was explaining a time when I had to deal with an irate customer. Some aspects of a successful answer depends upon the interviewers concept of what is the correct way to handle such a situation.   View Answer
    Always offer a counter offer for your salary. You just may get it or at least an increase in the company's salary offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2014.

I submitted a resume online within a day I received a response by phone. The recruiter was pleasant and didn't take me into a long drawn out explain your resume again saga. She like my responses and immediately referred me over to the in store branch. It took 2 days after she sent over my information for him to call me back. I went in for the interview which lasted two hours. He asked me several questions about only one of my sales positions about how our commission structure worked.Finally, after all of that he sent me in to the isles to watch how they try and pull customers back to in store for more information. I didn't get the position which took another 4 days to find out. The recruiter said he stated I didn't have enough sales experience the job only requires a minimum of 1 year which I have from a previous job which is strictly sales. I didn't understand that one especially when he really didn't talk a lot about sales. He was nice but it was crazy. Why keep me too hours not to hire me a waste of time. The next the recruiter felt I should have gotten the position sent me out again to another in store branch close by. This one was with a female who from the start seemed to have a problem with me she was poorly dressed and late getting to the store at 9 then reschedule to 10 and she was still late. She asked basic questions about sales and how I would sale Pnc Products. She stated how would you sale PNC because product knowledge doesn't help and training doesn't prepare you for this. Im thinking so how did you do it then. She had me go out into the isle to see if I could introduce myself to strangers and strike up a conversation. It was ridiculous because I couldn't talk about PNC because I didn't work for them. Needless to say she didn't hire me she didn't like me from the start and didn't know me. She commented on my shoes being uncomfortable I had on a suit and heels. How should I have dressed for a bank interview. I couldn't wear sneakers. The recruiter was awesome she tried so hard the in store manager the first one was good the second one not so much.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, what have you sold how do you sell to a difficult customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2014.

The whole process took about two weeks. I originally applied online for a FT teller position and took an assessment. Two days later I received a phone call for a "phone interview" that lasted about five minutes. Just simple questions asking about the position you are applying for and your job history. Later that day I received and e-mail from an HR Representative to schedule and reserve a seat for a group interview (five days after the initial phone interview). Due to weather conditions, the group interview was cancelled and the HR Rep did individual phone interviews instead. My phone interview lasted about 30-40 minutes.The HR Rep explained the FSC position to me and said she thought I would be well suited for that. I was given another assessment to take for this position. The HR Rep called me about five days later and scheduled and interview for me with the branch manager for the FSC position. The interview was the following day. I received a phone call the morning after the interview with a job offer! I accepted the offer and went for drug screening and fingerprinting that day.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions for customer service positions. Also asks why you want the specific job   Answer Question

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Phone
    Group
    One-on-One
    Call bank and then start training

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

I had a first interview which was a group interview with other candidates, two managers and the HR rep. The questions were easy it was like only three questions five the most. The interview lasted for less than an hour. They got back to me within two weeks. I turned out to be "overqualified" for that position so they referred me to the sales position. I met with two Managers from different branches both were nice. They asked me questions like:
    Why did you want to apply for this position?
    How would you approach a customer to try to cross sell?
    What responsibilities did you have on your last job?
    They basically asked me questions based on my resume. We role played I was the manager the interviewer was the customer and I had to cross sell on products.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were tailored to my experiences so it wasn't hard to answer them. The unexpected part was the role play.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was tough they don't budge or allow for wiggle room, but still try to negotiate. The base pay sucks! But I really want to work for the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Ledge, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Ledge, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2013.

asks about previous experience, asks how you would handle certain situations, asks what makes you different.

1 counter offer on my part was accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in May 2012.

Two days after completing the online application, I was emailed a personality assessment to complete within 24 hours. Then about 3 days later, the recruiter contacted me on the phone to discuss the position in further detail. She first told me that the Financial Sales Consultant I is an entry level position starting at $23,000 to $25,000 with commission. I was looking for $30,000 to start since I have two years of relevant (banking) experience. I indicated that I was still interested in the position despite the lower salary. She asked me several questions about my work history which included banking, customer service and sales. The recruiter was very pleasant and mature in her approach. She then set me up with a one on one interview with the branch manager for later that same week.
    The interview at the branch was with the manager and teller supervisor. The interview was more of a discussion as opposed to a question and answer session, which I liked. I believe that the lack of formality gave all of us an opportunity to get to know how we would all work together. They shared with me about the customer demographics (40 % Russian at this particular branch), sales expectations and how the Gallop results affect all of our commissions. When I asked specifically how much I could realistically earn in yearly commissions, I was told about $2,000 since it wasn't a very busy branch. They knew that I made over $30,000 in my last banking position so I appreciated their honesty. The manager who has been with PNC for 7 years said that the company had a very caring attitude toward their employees which is important. We chatted about the banking industry and how it has changed. We also discussed some of the other larger banking institutions and how they compare to PNC. I felt the interview went very well and that I had a good chance at getting a job offer. I sent a follow-up email to the branch manager in which I thanked him for his time and expressed my interest in working with him at PNC. Even though the salary was lower than I expected, I felt good about the office location, the manager and the possibilities for promotions.
    Unfortunately, two days after the interview, I received an email from the recruiter stating that they decided on another candidate but she encouraged me to continue to check the PNC website for other openings.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2012.

2 interview first interview was with a group of 15 others and then the second interview was week later and was with 2 mangers and one of them picked to attend training for 3 weeks

Interview Questions
    i tried hard to squeeze more out of them but they are very cheap