PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com

PNC Financial Services Group Financial Sales Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Average Difficulty
23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Greensburg, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone inteview. Then one on one interview. Then waited about 5 days before I got called from HR with an offer. I accepted the low salary offer because I needed a job.

Interview Question – Very simple interview. Regular questions no outside the box questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered, I needed a job so I accepted.

Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in May 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by group interview with all of the people that would be potentially managing you. Upon hire there was an offer letter and then a drug test.

Interview Question – I can't recall a specific difficult question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Sent a letter outlining salary

Financial Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2011.

Interview Details – applied online, upon doing a behavorial anaylis, i was called to do an over the phone interview. I applied for a general position and then after the phone interview i was asked to go to the head quarters in troy for a group interview. i met with two HR representivtives and then upon accepting the position they gave me a few choices of what offices i would like to work for and also gave their opinion on where i would fit in.

Interview Question – How would previous co-workers describe you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much wiggle room, especially when you are going for other internal positions. if you want more money you need to have cold hard results and prove your case.

Financial Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – phone interview, group interview and 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Question – There weren't any. They were all standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nono

North, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted a resume online within a day I received a response by phone. The recruiter was pleasant and didn't take me into a long drawn out explain your resume again saga. She like my responses and immediately referred me over to the in store branch. It took 2 days after she sent over my information for him to call me back. I went in for the interview which lasted two hours. He asked me several questions about only one of my sales positions about how our commission structure worked.Finally, after all of that he sent me in to the isles to watch how they try and pull customers back to in store for more information. I didn't get the position which took another 4 days to find out. The recruiter said he stated I didn't have enough sales experience the job only requires a minimum of 1 year which I have from a previous job which is strictly sales. I didn't understand that one especially when he really didn't talk a lot about sales. He was nice but it was crazy. Why keep me too hours not to hire me a waste of time. The next the recruiter felt I should have gotten the position sent me out again to another in store branch close by. This one was with a female who from the start seemed to have a problem with me she was poorly dressed and late getting to the store at 9 then reschedule to 10 and she was still late. She asked basic questions about sales and how I would sale Pnc Products. She stated how would you sale PNC because product knowledge doesn't help and training doesn't prepare you for this. Im thinking so how did you do it then. She had me go out into the isle to see if I could introduce myself to strangers and strike up a conversation. It was ridiculous because I couldn't talk about PNC because I didn't work for them. Needless to say she didn't hire me she didn't like me from the start and didn't know me. She commented on my shoes being uncomfortable I had on a suit and heels. How should I have dressed for a bank interview. I couldn't wear sneakers. The recruiter was awesome she tried so hard the in store manager the first one was good the second one not so much.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, what have you sold how do you sell to a difficult customer   Answer Question

Financial Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – The process usually starts with online application from PNC website. If contacted by recruiter, a group interview is usually the next step with multiple managers in attendance. Next, each manager will schedule one on one interviews and choose from the pool of one on one interviews. The whole process usually takes few weeks.

Interview Question – The questions seemed to be your standard interview questions. Perhaps the most difficult one to answer was explaining a time when I had to deal with an irate customer. Some aspects of a successful answer depends upon the interviewers concept of what is the correct way to handle such a situation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Always offer a counter offer for your salary. You just may get it or at least an increase in the company's salary offer.

Wayne, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – The whole process took about two weeks. I originally applied online for a FT teller position and took an assessment. Two days later I received a phone call for a "phone interview" that lasted about five minutes. Just simple questions asking about the position you are applying for and your job history. Later that day I received and e-mail from an HR Representative to schedule and reserve a seat for a group interview (five days after the initial phone interview). Due to weather conditions, the group interview was cancelled and the HR Rep did individual phone interviews instead. My phone interview lasted about 30-40 minutes.The HR Rep explained the FSC position to me and said she thought I would be well suited for that. I was given another assessment to take for this position. The HR Rep called me about five days later and scheduled and interview for me with the branch manager for the FSC position. The interview was the following day. I received a phone call the morning after the interview with a job offer! I accepted the offer and went for drug screening and fingerprinting that day.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions for customer service positions. Also asks why you want the specific job   Answer Question

Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2012.

Interview Details – 2 interview first interview was with a group of 15 others and then the second interview was week later and was with 2 mangers and one of them picked to attend training for 3 weeks

Interview Question – why should i hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i tried hard to squeeze more out of them but they are very cheap

Financial Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – Phone
Group
One-on-One
Call bank and then start training

Interview Question – How have you proven yourself as a good salesman   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Grand Ledge, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2013.

Interview Details – asks about previous experience, asks how you would handle certain situations, asks what makes you different.

Interview Question – very straight forward interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 1 counter offer on my part was accepted

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!