PNC Financial Services Group Financial Specialist Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I interviewed online - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2013.

The process starts with a phone call and you are asked a number of behavioral questions such as: "tell me about a time you had an interaction with a difficult client and how did you handle it. The Second part is an interview with the hiring manager and a second manager. The final step is an interview with the branch manager and the financial advisor

Interview Questions
  • There are no real difficult questions and as long as you have had at least 3 years of work experience ou should be able to answer the questions with no problem   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chillicothe, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chillicothe, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2010.

Phone interview with standard questions with a recruiter. Phone interview with Regional manager. In person branch interview with branch manager and assistant branch manager.

Interview Questions
    I asked if the salary was negotiable, and they said no it was not that was their offer for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in May 2012.

My initial contact with PNC was a phone interview with the H.R. Department. I interviewed for different positions. 2 In-person panel interviews and then a final interview over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to Role Play which was no big deal, but unexpected. PNC did not disclose that it did not pay the Financial Specialist position commission on the managed money investments unless they had a series 65 or 7. (other financial institutions in this market do and PNC does pay other similar positions on managed money sales with out these licenses). Make sure you get clarification of the compensation program. It really varies greatly.   Answer Question
    They said there was no negotiation and the base salary was fixed. However, my co-workers did negotiate and did receive higher salaries. I would recommend holding out, they are desperate to fill positions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2011.

It comes in three's, first you have a phone interview with a HR recruiter, and they go over the general details of the account. If they move you on, then a personal interview with a manager, where they go over senarios and the overall job function. The final interview is typically an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Typically, a senario/role play is done for one of the sales positions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2013.

It is a series (meaning 10+) of interviews. Phone interviews are with the investment side or HR. In person interviews are with retail bank staff.

Interview Questions
    • Answering process questions on the bank side. If you've never worked at a bank, you will need an interpreter.   View Answer
    They called with an offer after verifying my previous salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in May 2013.

Applied online, was contacted via phone the next week and set up a phone interview. First talked to the recruiter, it was pretty casual, next phone interview with the recruiting manger, an in-person interview with a manager, and another phone interview with a regional manager from antoher district followed by another in person interview with the branch manger, FA, and district manager. Lots of intervies. It was exhausting. The interviewers were great though, and I did not find any of the questions too challenging or surprising.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you went out of your way to service/help a client?   View Answer
    • Who do u look upto in your field, and why?   View Answer
    offered an initial salary, then was able to negotiate

Financial Specialist Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

The hiring process was pretty typical, phone interview first, then an in person with a couple of regional managers, and one interview with a branch manager and the financial advisor. Nothing out of the ordinary, but it moved pretty quick from start to finish was only about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • No questions that were unexpected. Mostly, if customer x says this how would you respond. Also a lot questions in the format tell us about a time you encountered this and what did you do or how did you make it a positive experience.   Answer Question

Financial Specialist Interview

I was hired internally, so I have little direct experience with this process. I do know that sometimes the hiring process can take a while and of course there is a lot of background checking, etc. I think that you would most likely interview with the FS team manager as well as the branch manager of the branch you will be posted in.

Financial Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

You interview with several people throughout four interviews. One over phone. You need to adjust your interview style to fit each interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • How will you be in the top 10% of advisers here when everybody works hard?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2012.

Very investment heavy questions. All about profiling and uncovering investment opportunities.

Interview Questions
    • example of coaching and being a leader at the branch   View Answer
    two offers made and second one accepted

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!