PNC Financial Services Group

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Detroit, MI

I applied online - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2013.

Interview Details – The process starts with a phone call and you are asked a number of behavioral questions such as: "tell me about a time you had an interaction with a difficult client and how did you handle it. The Second part is an interview with the hiring manager and a second manager. The final step is an interview with the branch manager and the financial advisor

Interview Question – There are no real difficult questions and as long as you have had at least 3 years of work experience ou should be able to answer the questions with no problem   Answer Question

Chillicothe, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with standard questions with a recruiter. Phone interview with Regional manager. In person branch interview with branch manager and assistant branch manager.

Interview Question – Nothing too out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked if the salary was negotiable, and they said no it was not that was their offer for the position.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in May 2012.

Interview Details – My initial contact with PNC was a phone interview with the H.R. Department. I interviewed for different positions. 2 In-person panel interviews and then a final interview over the phone.

Interview Question – They asked me to Role Play which was no big deal, but unexpected. PNC did not disclose that it did not pay the Financial Specialist position commission on the managed money investments unless they had a series 65 or 7. (other financial institutions in this market do and PNC does pay other similar positions on managed money sales with out these licenses). Make sure you get clarification of the compensation program. It really varies greatly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They said there was no negotiation and the base salary was fixed. However, my co-workers did negotiate and did receive higher salaries. I would recommend holding out, they are desperate to fill positions.

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2011.

Interview Details – It comes in three's, first you have a phone interview with a HR recruiter, and they go over the general details of the account. If they move you on, then a personal interview with a manager, where they go over senarios and the overall job function. The final interview is typically an offer.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. Typically, a senario/role play is done for one of the sales positions.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2013.

Interview Details – It is a series (meaning 10+) of interviews. Phone interviews are with the investment side or HR. In person interviews are with retail bank staff.

Interview Question – Answering process questions on the bank side. If you've never worked at a bank, you will need an interpreter.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They called with an offer after verifying my previous salary.

Alexandria, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, was contacted via phone the next week and set up a phone interview. First talked to the recruiter, it was pretty casual, next phone interview with the recruiting manger, an in-person interview with a manager, and another phone interview with a regional manager from antoher district followed by another in person interview with the branch manger, FA, and district manager. Lots of intervies. It was exhausting. The interviewers were great though, and I did not find any of the questions too challenging or surprising.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you went out of your way to service/help a client?   View Answer
  • Who do u look upto in your field, and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – offered an initial salary, then was able to negotiate

Financial Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – The hiring process was pretty typical, phone interview first, then an in person with a couple of regional managers, and one interview with a branch manager and the financial advisor. Nothing out of the ordinary, but it moved pretty quick from start to finish was only about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – No questions that were unexpected. Mostly, if customer x says this how would you respond. Also a lot questions in the format tell us about a time you encountered this and what did you do or how did you make it a positive experience.   Answer Question

Interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group

Interview Details – I was hired internally, so I have little direct experience with this process. I do know that sometimes the hiring process can take a while and of course there is a lot of background checking, etc. I think that you would most likely interview with the FS team manager as well as the branch manager of the branch you will be posted in.

Interview Question – I was an internal hire, so I don't know   Answer Question

Financial Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – You interview with several people throughout four interviews. One over phone. You need to adjust your interview style to fit each interviewer.

Interview Question – How will you be in the top 10% of advisers here when everybody works hard?   Answer Question

Naperville, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2012.

Interview Details – Very investment heavy questions. All about profiling and uncovering investment opportunities.

Interview Question – example of coaching and being a leader at the branch   View Answer

Negotiation Details – two offers made and second one accepted

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!