PNC Financial Services Group Financial Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

2.8

Financial Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

One phone interview, then two interviews with managers, and a final interview with branch management team. If you do well in your interviews, you will receive an offer which is basically the same for all new hires with no negotiation option.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to go above and beyond for a client.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is very little negotiation with salary - Its generally about 45K+a meager inventive bonus unless you work at a few of the very good branches.

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Financial Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

There was one over the phone interview and two in person interviews. The final round was a surprise panel interview with a financial advisor, bank manager and regional manager. Most of the questions were about relationship building and "tell me about a time when." I think my mistake was not living close enough to the location, they seemed concerned about my commute.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went out of your way to help a client?   Answer Question

Financial Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Was able to show proven track record of great customer service scores. I had only a phone interview. My branch manager from a previous employer was the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to be doing in 10 years. Why do you want to work for PNC. Role Playing with a difficult customer. during the interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the base salary

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Phila, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

It was an detailed interview, I met with 2 representatives who were informal and open on what they were looking for. I was able to clearly explain my skills and the value I’ll bring to the job.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Detroit, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

The process starts with a phone call and you are asked a number of behavioral questions such as: "tell me about a time you had an interaction with a difficult client and how did you handle it. The Second part is an interview with the hiring manager and a second manager. The final step is an interview with the branch manager and the financial advisor

Interview Questions

• There are no real difficult questions and as long as you have had at least 3 years of work experience ou should be able to answer the questions with no problem   Answer Question

Financial Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty typical, phone interview first, then an in person with a couple of regional managers, and one interview with a branch manager and the financial advisor. Nothing out of the ordinary, but it moved pretty quick from start to finish was only about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• No questions that were unexpected. Mostly, if customer x says this how would you respond. Also a lot questions in the format tell us about a time you encountered this and what did you do or how did you make it a positive experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Washington, DC) in July 2013.

Interview

It is a series (meaning 10+) of interviews. Phone interviews are with the investment side or HR. In person interviews are with retail bank staff.

Interview Questions

• Answering process questions on the bank side. If you've never worked at a bank, you will need an interpreter.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They called with an offer after verifying my previous salary.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Alexandria, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted via phone the next week and set up a phone interview. First talked to the recruiter, it was pretty casual, next phone interview with the recruiting manger, an in-person interview with a manager, and another phone interview with a regional manager from antoher district followed by another in person interview with the branch manger, FA, and district manager. Lots of intervies. It was exhausting. The interviewers were great though, and I did not find any of the questions too challenging or surprising.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you went out of your way to service/help a client?   1 Answer
    • Who do u look upto in your field, and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

offered an initial salary, then was able to negotiate

Financial Specialist Interview

Interview

I was hired internally, so I have little direct experience with this process. I do know that sometimes the hiring process can take a while and of course there is a lot of background checking, etc. I think that you would most likely interview with the FS team manager as well as the branch manager of the branch you will be posted in.

Financial Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

You interview with several people throughout four interviews. One over phone. You need to adjust your interview style to fit each interviewer.

Interview Questions

• How will you be in the top 10% of advisers here when everybody works hard?   Answer Question