PNC Financial Services Group In Store Financial Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2014
Updated Jul 31, 2014

2.2

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

In-Store Financial Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Received an invitation to a group interview after soon after completing an online application. Group interview took place within a week. Was offered the position a few days after the group interview.

Interview Questions
  • All questions were fairly standard and specific to sales goals and accomplishments.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2014.

Your initial introduction to your human resources recruiter is via email after completing the online application in response to the job posting on the career website. Your qualifications will have been reviewed to determine if you are a possible fit with for the position and then the interviewing process begins. You will receive an email invitation to attend a group interview. They will give you details about the PNC In-store brand and a minute overview of traditional banking. You quickly learn that In-store Financial Sales is client acquisition and broad product knowledge as well as guiding the customer to review information further with someone else on the career ladder! If you succeed at the group interview stage then you are connected with a branch manager who promptly interviews you to within the same week or following week. (calls you within max 48 hours or group interview results which is usually 48 hours also). I was asked about my career path choices and presented with an vast array of options and even the hope of a mentor to help me successful transition on the career ladder to my next position. The company s very upfront with you that PNC In-Store Financial Consultant is a one year commitment. I have previous financial advising experience so the position is a way for me to get my foot in the door quickly with the company and relicense. The final interview is with a regional Sales & Marketing manager who does a phone interview. This is a 3 interview process to be hired into the PNC In-store Financial Sales Consultant position.

Interview Questions
    • Was there ever a time when you didn't meet your sales goal for a company?   View Answer
    I previously had financial advising experience and was licensed so I let the branch manager know that I expected the highest available pay rate for a position in banking at that career level.

In Store Financial Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in May 2013.

submitted resume on line on Saturday approx 3 days later received a phone call from a HR rep. Who asked me general questions about my experience. That then was followed up with an email for another phone interview which took place the same week which was on Friday. After the phone interview I was offered a chance to have a face-to-face interview the next week on Friday. After my interview with the branch manager he told me by Tuesday I would know my fate. Well Wednesday came around and I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    I didn't have to negotiate I was offered the max salary for the position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2013.

The hiring process was quick. I had the second interview the same day (friday) and got an offer Monday morning. The do an intial telephone interview, then, they do a group interview. The one on one was very brief.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pikesville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pikesville, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2013.

I applied to this position, and took an assessment. The assessment only took about 30 minutes. About two weeks after I submitted the assessment, a human resources person called me, and set me up for an interview. The interviewer sat me down at her office in the store, and the whole thing lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions asked were what you would expect for a sales job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2012.

Group interview first, and then if they like you after the group interview you are required to go to a second interview with your BM.

In Store Financial Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2010.

Phone interview, in person interview, drug test

Interview Questions
    • How do you overcome a difficult situation?   View Answer
    • How do to distinguish an unethical behavior?   View Answer

In-Store Financial Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2009.

applied online, received email with directive to take online assesment test. received a call to interview about two days later , interview lasted about an hour. received call two days after interview to extend offer.

no negotiation was simply told did u know its a salry in the low 30's