PNC Financial Services Group
3.2 of 5 1,000 reviews
www.pnc.com Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

PNC Financial Services Group In Store Financial Sales Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 21, 2014

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Alexandria, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – Your initial introduction to your human resources recruiter is via email after completing the online application in response to the job posting on the career website. Your qualifications will have been reviewed to determine if you are a possible fit with for the position and then the interviewing process begins. You will receive an email invitation to attend a group interview. They will give you details about the PNC In-store brand and a minute overview of traditional banking. You quickly learn that In-store Financial Sales is client acquisition and broad product knowledge as well as guiding the customer to review information further with someone else on the career ladder! If you succeed at the group interview stage then you are connected with a branch manager who promptly interviews you to within the same week or following week. (calls you within max 48 hours or group interview results which is usually 48 hours also). I was asked about my career path choices and presented with an vast array of options and even the hope of a mentor to help me successful transition on the career ladder to my next position. The company s very upfront with you that PNC In-Store Financial Consultant is a one year commitment. I have previous financial advising experience so the position is a way for me to get my foot in the door quickly with the company and relicense. The final interview is with a regional Sales & Marketing manager who does a phone interview. This is a 3 interview process to be hired into the PNC In-store Financial Sales Consultant position.

Interview Question – Was there ever a time when you didn't meet your sales goal for a company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I previously had financial advising experience and was licensed so I let the branch manager know that I expected the highest available pay rate for a position in banking at that career level.

Very Easy Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was quick. I had the second interview the same day (friday) and got an offer Monday morning. The do an intial telephone interview, then, they do a group interview. The one on one was very brief.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2012.

Interview Details – Group interview first, and then if they like you after the group interview you are required to go to a second interview with your BM.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

In Store Financial Sales Consultant Interview

In Store Financial Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in May 2013.

Interview Details – submitted resume on line on Saturday approx 3 days later received a phone call from a HR rep. Who asked me general questions about my experience. That then was followed up with an email for another phone interview which took place the same week which was on Friday. After the phone interview I was offered a chance to have a face-to-face interview the next week on Friday. After my interview with the branch manager he told me by Tuesday I would know my fate. Well Wednesday came around and I was offered the job.

Interview Question – What are your short term and long term goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't have to negotiate I was offered the max salary for the position

Pikesville, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to this position, and took an assessment. The assessment only took about 30 minutes. About two weeks after I submitted the assessment, a human resources person called me, and set me up for an interview. The interviewer sat me down at her office in the store, and the whole thing lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Question – All the questions asked were what you would expect for a sales job.   Answer Question

In Store Financial Sales Consultant Interview

In Store Financial Sales Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, in person interview, drug test

Interview Questions

In-Store Financial Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2009.

Interview Details – applied online, received email with directive to take online assesment test. received a call to interview about two days later , interview lasted about an hour. received call two days after interview to extend offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no negotiation was simply told did u know its a salry in the low 30's

Interviews for Top Jobs at PNC Financial Services Group

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!

PNC Financial Services Group Videos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PNC Financial Services Group In Store Financial Sales Consultant interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by PNC Financial Services Group employees and interview candidates.