PNC Financial Services Group Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

I was contacted for a brief phone interview from the HR person. She asked me about three behavioral questions before inviting me to a super day event happening in Pittsburgh. The super day was a two day process happening at the Westin Hotel. The first night was an informal marketing night. You had the opportunity to talk to executives and ask how they like PNC. The next day was a formal interview. It was three, twenty five minute interviews. These interviews were extremely relaxed. They were formatted like a conversation, each interviewer asked three questions each.

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

First, I applied through my university and received an on campus interview. Four day later, I was informed that I was invited to super day in roughly three weeks. Super day was crowded, but run very well. I had four interviews for the Capital Markets Track. The interviews were mostly behavioral, but I there was one technical, one brain teaser, and a few questions about my opinions on the markets and current finance events.

Interview Questions
    • How does net income show up in all three financial statements?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Reception on Thursday, Superday on Friday. 3 interviews on Friday with a number of different people. Nothing crazy, just basic questions about why you want the position. The day was long though with a lot of breaks in between the interviews. Lot of candidates from the Pittsburgh area.

Anonymous Employee in West Pittsburg, PA
    Anonymous Employee in West Pittsburg, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2015.

In Pittsburgh, the Superday interview was preceeded by a social and meet and greet the night before. Hours devours were served and candidates were able to mingle with current employees in the Corporate and Institutional Banking Track. The next day there were 4 30 minute interviews that were behavioral for the most part. About one in every interview were technical questions that were fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    • How do the three financial statements work together.   Answer Question
    • What trend in business have you seen lately and how do you think PNC could work well with that?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Had an interview with 2 campus recruiters at my school. Then in February I had to go to Pittsburgh for a interview with 3 separate people. Beforehand, however, the campus recruiters took us out to lunch for a great meal. They were really nice. I got a call a week later.

Intern Interview

The interview was on campus and only lasted an hour. There was an event the night before where the candidates were able to get to know various individuals at the company. The event overall was poorly organized with nearly twenty candidates and only two employees present. The company contacted candidates within a few days of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • One question was on the degree difference between the hour hand and the minute hand at a certain time. Another question which was much more difficult was to list the three components of a price of a financial derivative and how they affect that price.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Nearly all behavioral questions. I had a first round that was purely to check to see if I was a real person, followed by the superday which was a series of behavioral interviews. Emphasize the "tell me about yourself" and the "well what do you know/like about my group" area of questions.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2014.

I applied through a college recruiting website and was contacted a couple weeks later. I was then scheduled for a phone interview the following week, which was then followed by a full day of face to face interviews a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • mostly behavioral questions over the: Explain a time you overcame a difficult time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Interviewed on campus for the first round, took about 30 minutes total. I heard back about a week later. Most of the questions were behavioral, although I got a couple technical questions in the first round as well. This interview was for the Capital Markets internship. I was a sophomore as well.

Interview Questions
    • Explain bonds and yields and how the price of a bond fluctuates in relationship to interest rates.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Applied thru university and had a first round interview -- all questions behavioral