PNC Financial Services Group

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group

Interview Details – Interviewed on campus for the first round, took about 30 minutes total. I heard back about a week later. Most of the questions were behavioral, although I got a couple technical questions in the first round as well. This interview was for the Capital Markets internship. I was a sophomore as well.

Interview Question – Explain bonds and yields and how the price of a bond fluctuates in relationship to interest rates.   View Answer

Interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group

Interview Details – Applied thru university and had a first round interview -- all questions behavioral

Interview Question – No technical questions.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – it was an on campus interview. There were two interviewers. The interviewers were friendly, easygoing people. The whole thing was more of a conversation than a strict interview. Talked more about my interests than resume contents. They just want to get to know if you fit in with their company interests.

Interview Question – Why did you choose your university?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group

Interview Details – Interview process included an informal dinner and then a formal interview process. It was very low stress and the people all seemed to be very genuine. Unlike many other banks that I have interviewed with, they do not try to grill you with many questions and mostly seem to just want to get to know you.

Interview Question – Honestly, their questions were not very difficult. They were focused on trying to get a deeper understanding of you rather than to make you uncomfortable. Expect questions like "Why do you like banking" or "what class have you enjoyed the least so far" or questions about your resume.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – The process includes 2 phone interviews and if you get past both of those, then you get invited for in-person interviews in Pittsburgh, PA.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were behavioral.   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and went to my university's job fair to talk to PNC about their technology intern position, handed them my resume. A couple of days after the job fair I got an email stating that they'd like to do an on campus interview. This interview was just a basic screening process; they asked questions about my resume and about why I'd like to work at PNC. About a week after that interview I got a call inviting me to the PNC super day. This was a two day event consisting of a networking event and three interviews. The networking event was with PNC technical managers and executives, and if you're lucky you get to meet the people that will interview you the next day. The next day was the three interviews, each about 30 minutes long and back to back. Each interview was with a manager from a different department. They have a basic behavioral interview script that they are supposed to stick to, but my interviewers only asked a couple of behavioral questions and then just had a conversation with me. It was a little nerve wracking because of the amount of people at the super day, but if you're confident in your abilities, you'll do well. The interviews were really basic and they just want to make sure that you're a good fit at PNC.

Interview Question – Have you ever had a group project where one team member wasn't pulling their weight? How did you handle this situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group

Interview Details – Basic behavior questions. Be sure to go to an information session if they offer one.

Interview Question – Describe your most recent failure.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – I was hired as a Technology intern, software engineering. I applied late and did not have to participate in 'Super day' as most of my fellow interns did. A recruiter called me and did a very short 5 minute phone interview, asking very basic questions such as 'Where do you see yourself in 5 years?' and 'Why PNC?'. I was called within the next few days and asked to drive to Pittsburgh for an in-person inverview. I went to the intreview, which was a board of 3 technology people asking me mostly technocal questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I reveived a phone call saying a was getting an offer, my offer letter was emailed to me and I accepted a few weeks later.

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – Very casual. Interviewer was relaxed and easy going. Felt more like a conversation than an interview. Asked me about school, my major, my involvement on campus and broad questions about my interest in PNC and banking.

Interview Question – None too difficult. One that required the most thought was probably why PNC? Why sales?   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview and was invited to the Super Day in Pittsburgh a few weeks later. The first night there was an interception where we had the opportunity to meet employees and get more information about the company/interview process. The next morning, I had four interviews with eight different people.

Interview Question – Where is net income on all of the financial statements?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at PNC Financial Services Group

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!

PNC Financial Services Group Videos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PNC Financial Services Group Intern interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by PNC Financial Services Group employees and interview candidates.