PNC Financial Services Group

518 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bank Teller Interview

Louisville, KY

I applied online and interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – I applied for this job and in three days was called to set up a phone interview. Phone interview basically was just asking about my qualifications and what my availability was. After that I had to do a assessment test, and maybe two days later I was contacted to attend a group interview. My recruiter was awesome super friendly and helpful. The recruiter and the other PNC employees that were there were super nice they only asked us six questions. But it was very fast paced you had to come up with your answers rather quickly and a lot of the questions had many parts to them that you had to include in your answer. Such as name a time where you were instructed to complete a hard task. I had to name the task, why was it hard, what did i learn, what was the outcome, what could I have done better. This is just a example! It took about 90 minutes. After my group interview I was offered another interview with a bank manager three days later. The bank manager was so sweet and made me feel very at ease. She asked maybe 10 questions. Most were about my customer service skills, sales ability, past job questions, why PNC bank, basically you had to sale yourself to them. Told i would be contacted within three days. Got called back and offered job a hour later.

Interview Question – Name a time where you achieved significant sales and include your accomplishment, your obstacle, how it challenged you, what you learned about yourself, who gave you this task, and what was outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I think I got offered a good amount so excepted. They had many many other candidates be careful negotiating they may go with someone else. You may ask is there any wiggle room on the amount.

Marketing Manager Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied for position online and through an employee referral. Heard from HR within a few days and had a "get to know me" session with one of the managers of the hiring manager. Invited back one week later for a more in-depth interview with several people. Entire process from start to finish took about four weeks.

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager III Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied for the job and a week later heard from the HR Recruiter. She asked basic questions about my project management experience, specifically asking if I had ever managed a project End-to-end and what my experience was in Estimating and budgeting projects. I was then brought in for a day of 4 30 Minute interviews. 1 with the hiring manager, 1 with a Senior Manager within the same department, and 2 interviews with Project Managers on the PMO team. Interview questions were pretty basic behavioral questions relating to my experience in Project management and Process improvement efforts. Here's a sampling of the questions asked between the four interviews:
- Tell me about a time you had to come up with a creative solution?
- What's the project you are most proud of?
- Tell me three things that are important to you about where you work
- How do you manage organizational change?
- What did you chose to attend the undergraduate college you went to?
- Tell me about process improvement projects you have worked on and what tools you used?
- What training have you had in Lean Management and Project Management?
- Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult sponsor or client?
- How did you manage risk in your other projects?
- What is your management style?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to come up with a creative solution?   View Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Cornelius, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter phone interview basic details of what job entails. Second interview phone interview discussed details of job and your experience. Third interview with branch manager.

Interview Question – Name a time you handled a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Columbus, OH

I applied in-person - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2010.

Interview Details – Usually go thru t2-3 interviews

Interview Question – Only the usual questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – did not negotiate

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – I was an internal candidate during my first interview with the company (after a conversion). I was asked general questions such as my experiences with customers and customer service, making referrals, etc.

Interview Question – How did you handle a difficult customer, what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Continuous Improvement Process Engineer Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was first contacted via email by a recruiter to gauge my interest. As we progressed to the screening call I found her to be very east to work with and she was always responsive to my questions.

A phone interview with the department head followed and then a panel interview. The panel interview consisted of 5 people in the room and another 3 on the conference call. They did a good job of making the situation as stress free as possible.

Unfortunately, the original recruiter went on long term leave on the day after my panel interview. The recruiter that replaced her made no effort to let me know of next steps or if I didn't get the job. To this day I have never heard back from anyone at PNC in any format.

Overall, it was a good experience except for the lack of communication after the interview.

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you had to navigate a difficult political landscape.   View Answer

Bank Teller Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2013.

Interview Details – It was a position offered to me through a mutual friend that is employed with the them. They called me for an initial interview. I met up with the location manager and department manager. They were really nice and courteous and the interview went really well. After the interview was complete they asked me if the pay was ok which was fine with me. I was informed me that the hiring manager will contact me to discuss with me the hiring process and they welcomed me to the company and the interview went well. After that I did not hear from them. Everytime I call the location manager she would inform me that they have notified the hiring manager that i was hired and that she should contact me. After a few weeks i found out they decided to hire someone else and they didn't even have the courtsey to inform me. Very unprofessional and unethical

Interview Question – They asked about my son and how i could afford to pay for after school with the salary they offered me.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Horrible they decided to go with someone else without even notifying me.

C&IB Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – Dropped my resume and was picked for an interview. The interview was extremely laid-back - we just talked about the things on my resume. It was pretty much just a causal conversation. Basically, they just want to get to know you and see if you're a good fit for their company culture.

Interview Question – All fit-based questions   Answer Question

Senior Finance Analyst Interview

Interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group

Interview Details – I went through college recruiting. There was a single basic interview on campus, followed by an invite to corporate headquarters for a "super day" interview. There are many ways that they conduct these, with varying degrees of intensity and number of interviews and participants. I simply rotated through 3 interviewers.

Interview Question – There really wasn't one. The interviewers were not highly skilled interviewers, they were regular professionals in the same field that I was applying for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's not much wiggle room here. They will work with you, but you won't get much more out of them than what they initially offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at PNC Financial Services Group

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!

PNC Financial Services Group Videos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PNC Financial Services Group interview questions and advice. All 518 interview reviews posted anonymously by PNC Financial Services Group employees and interview candidates.