PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.7

Summer Interview

Interviewed on campus and then at Super Day in Pittsburgh. On campus interview was a 30 minute interview that was primarily behavioral. Super Day consisted of 4, 30 minute one-on-one interviews with managing directors from various groups. The Super Day questions were also primarily behavioral, however there were a few basic accounting questions.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather roll a die once and multiply the outcome by 100 or roll a die 100 times and sum up the values of the outcomes?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2014.

First round interview with two recruiters, mainly behavior questions, resume and background check. For example, tell us about yourself; why choose PNC; describe how you get a work done using an example; talk about a project in your resume in detail; have you ever worked with a QA team; describe a project about processing a lot of data

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palatine, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palatine, IL

I applied online - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2014.

Filled out an online application. Next day got an email to schedule a 10 min phone interview. Next day had brief yes or no questions and asked about job experience. Had to fill out a personality test online plus another application for background check. Someone from PNC called me a couple hours later to set up an interview with district and general manager.

pay

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

scheduled interview. It was very quick turnaround time. There were four people who interviewed. It took about an hour, nothing hard just general questions. They then took me around to meet other people in the branch

Interview Questions
    • Hardest moment you have had to deal with. My answer was none bank related   Answer Question

Part-time Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

You're first contacted by the recruiters assistant, then you fill out more online surveys, then you interview with the actual recruiter and fill out some more online surveys. After all that you finally get to interview with an actual person. You are then scheduled to take your drug test and recieve you're first day of training dates. It was a rather lenghty process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you were under stress and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    48hrs

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Submitted a resume online - heard back about two weeks later. I was contacted by the HR department via email and set up a phone interview. Then there was a online personality test.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult coworker   Answer Question

Debt Collector Interview

It was a team interview with two supervisors who didn't know jack and were just following a script. Then I had to take a drug test and then training on the phone system. it was fun... not

None

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

The interview process was a bit lengthy (total of 2 months I'd say). I completed an application then two weeks later, I was called back for a phone interview. I passed the first phone interview, then they scheduled me for an additional phone interview. I passed the second interview that I passed and was told to come in for a group interview. The group interview was a large room filled with about 20-25 people. The groups were then separated by 4-6 people per group in different rooms through out the building with a PNC team lead. During the group interview, we were asked scenario questions, and were told to be ourselves. Following a week later, I was called back with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    No, but due to my experience they negotiated a fair pay for me.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2014.

Applied online. A few days later, I received an email with a link to set up a phone interview. The recruiter called at the scheduled time and asked a series of questions to determine eligibility for the job (How many years have you worked in a customer service role? How many years cash handling experience do you have? Have you ever been fired from a job?). The questions seemed a bit rushed, but recruiter was very friendly through the entire process.

She also told me more about the job, stating that it was an entry level position and that the pay was $10 per hour. Since this was below my minimum salary requirement, I declined to go further in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience with meeting sales goals.   Answer Question

Didn't feel the pay was competitive for the skills they were seeking in the job description. Company was only offering $10 per hour. Taking this job would have meant lowering my pay by one third.

Customer Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2014.

I submitted an application and didn't hear back for a long time- at least a month. The recruiter then messaged me saying that my info had slipped past, so I'm not sure if that is a common experience. Anyway, I had a very basic phone interview, and was invited to apply for a different position. About 2 weeks later I went to an in-person group interview at one of their Customer Care Centers. It seemed like the candidates were extremely varied for the position. I sat next to a lady who had 30 years of experience and someone fresh out of high school. Be prepared to talk about yourself, a little about your background and why you are interested in PNC in front of all the other candidates as well as various managers. We were then split up into groups of 4 and interviewed simultaneously with two members of the staff. Everyone in the group answers the same questions, so it may be helpful to assert yourself and answer the questions first or second if you already have an appropriate answer prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Many of the questions were typical interview fare, although some seemed negative-multiple questions about mistakes you've made in the past, stuff like that. I think the point is that they want you to show how you learned or grew as an employee and how you resolved the issue   Answer Question

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!