PNC Financial Services Group

561 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Part-time Teller Interview

Part-time Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – You're first contacted by the recruiters assistant, then you fill out more online surveys, then you interview with the actual recruiter and fill out some more online surveys. After all that you finally get to interview with an actual person. You are then scheduled to take your drug test and recieve you're first day of training dates. It was a rather lenghty process.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you were under stress and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 48hrs

Debt Collector Interview

Debt Collector

Interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group

Interview Details – It was a team interview with two supervisors who didn't know jack and were just following a script. Then I had to take a drug test and then training on the phone system. it was fun... not

Negotiation Details – None

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller

I applied online and interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – Submitted a resume online - heard back about two weeks later. I was contacted by the HR department via email and set up a phone interview. Then there was a online personality test.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult coworker   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. A few days later, I received an email with a link to set up a phone interview. The recruiter called at the scheduled time and asked a series of questions to determine eligibility for the job (How many years have you worked in a customer service role? How many years cash handling experience do you have? Have you ever been fired from a job?). The questions seemed a bit rushed, but recruiter was very friendly through the entire process.

She also told me more about the job, stating that it was an entry level position and that the pay was $10 per hour. Since this was below my minimum salary requirement, I declined to go further in the interview process.

Interview Question – Tell me about your experience with meeting sales goals.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Didn't feel the pay was competitive for the skills they were seeking in the job description. Company was only offering $10 per hour. Taking this job would have meant lowering my pay by one third.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – The interview process was a bit lengthy (total of 2 months I'd say). I completed an application then two weeks later, I was called back for a phone interview. I passed the first phone interview, then they scheduled me for an additional phone interview. I passed the second interview that I passed and was told to come in for a group interview. The group interview was a large room filled with about 20-25 people. The groups were then separated by 4-6 people per group in different rooms through out the building with a PNC team lead. During the group interview, we were asked scenario questions, and were told to be ourselves. Following a week later, I was called back with a job offer.

Interview Question – The group interview was the most challenging of all   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, but due to my experience they negotiated a fair pay for me.

Teller Branch Supervisor Interview

Teller Branch Supervisor

Interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group

Interview Details – Submit app online received call from HR rep. Had telephone interview with HR rep. Had in person interview with branch manager then in person interview Regional manager and SSSM. The received call from HR rep with offer.

In-Store Financial Sales Consultant Interview

In-Store Financial Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – Received an invitation to a group interview after soon after completing an online application. Group interview took place within a week. Was offered the position a few days after the group interview.

Interview Question – All questions were fairly standard and specific to sales goals and accomplishments.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2014.

Interview Details – The whole process took about 4 weeks, I applied online and got a call back from a recruiter, I answered a few interview questions then was sent an assessment to my email. After I completed the assessment I was sent another email to schedule and interview time. The interview was a group interview which is what screwed me up because I'm horrible at public speaking.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you provided 5 star customer service   Answer Question

Loan Support Specialist II Interview

Loan Support Specialist II
Brecksville, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was a panel interview (4 supervisors) who took turns asking me behavioral questions; such as, "tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker, one positive/one negative about yourself, etc."

Interview Question – It was pretty average interview, nothing was unexpected.   Answer Question

Financial Specialist II Interview

Financial Specialist II

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume i received a call from a recruiter within a week, and he walked me through the process, he was the best recruiter i have ever worked with, he really was focused on helping me be as well prepared as possible. I had a phone interview with him, and he set-up the face-to-face interview with my would-be manager. That interview was scheduled for a week later, and lasted about an hour. I heard from the recruiter within an hour as to how it went. He then set-up the next face-to-face interview which was at the local branch i was applying for with my manager, the branch bank manager, and financial advisor. At this point my manager had approved me, and was more on "my side" as the branch manager interviewed me. I heard the results of that interview within an hour, and was made an offer about 36 hours later.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at a bank, and then specifically PNC?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very smooth. I worked with the recruiter through the whole process, and was very much an advocate for me with the higher-ups making the call.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!