PNC Financial Services Group

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.7

Business Development Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Long process, took about 3 months with 3 interviews with management from different levels. The whole process seemed like you need to be approved and liked in order to pass to the next step.

Interview Questions
    • They harp on salary expectations. Even ask for w2 in order to give an offer. Definitly consider what you may be giving up in order to take on this job   Answer Question
    ask for more, they always low ball you

Institutional Bank Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

More of a conversation than anything, no technical questions and no really fit questions either. Just a conversation about resume and a lot of opportunity/time for questions. This was all first round. There was also a "co-host" who was a younger guy who spoke to me more informally before and after the interview.

Default Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Over all process took overall about 2 weeks. I applied and received a call within 2 days from the recruiter she set up an initial phone interview (on a Friday for me) on that call she set up a second phone interview which I received the following Monday. Later that week I received a call from the recruiter saying they were interested and wanted to set up the panel interview in person. I had that the following week. There are 3 interviewers normally a manager and two supervisors. This interview is a personality interview.. Very much like when you do a questionare on an app for different companies. After this I was called back and offered the position. I started at the best time for me.

Interview Questions
    There was none. I'm sure that can be worked out though.

Financial Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Was able to show proven track record of great customer service scores. I had only a phone interview. My branch manager from a previous employer was the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect to be doing in 10 years. Why do you want to work for PNC. Role Playing with a difficult customer. during the interview   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate the base salary

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Three interviews, First phone, the group, and the last one is a individual interview. The interview was easy and all you ad to say is what they wanted to here even if it wasn't the truth.

Interview Questions
    • What would you need to work on when you are hired   View Answer
    none

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Had an interview with 2 campus recruiters at my school. Then in February I had to go to Pittsburgh for a interview with 3 separate people. Beforehand, however, the campus recruiters took us out to lunch for a great meal. They were really nice. I got a call a week later.

Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview was two-part process, conducted by existing supervisors and managers. Both parts were awkward, unprofessional, & unorganized. There always seemed to be a lot of bias during every interview phase. I hope other departments do a much better job.

Teller Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Filled out application, was asked to come in and I did. Interview went well, was told that I pretty much had the position, then waited day or talked to Hr, next day was offered position.Then you have to go through all of the drug testing and background check!

none/flat rate for inexperience

Corporate Banking Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

I first heard about the summer internship when PNC attended a university industry fair where they sent a couple recruiters. I submitted my resume online and heard back within a few weeks to schedule an on campus interview. After making it through the first round, I was invited out to a superday where I went through three 20-minute interviews, all behavioral with very little technical questions

Interview Questions
    • If you had to choose one financial statement to assess a company, which would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Teller I Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Phone interview. Followed by one on one and joint interview with branch manager and teller supervisor. Very straightforward and not intimidating. You do need to prepare yourself for lots of drug and background testing prior to any interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you witnessed a coworker doing something against policy?   View Answer
    Looking back, I could have negotiated a better hourly rate.