PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Interviewed with the Vice President Branch Manager and Manager. The interview lasted for approx 1 hr and 30 mins. This particular branch was a very team oriented branch and were very respectful of considering the branch as a team. Confidence is key.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength and weakness? What can you offer that other candidates may not be able to?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Mixer the night before with other candidates, then an interview the following day which was largely behavioral. There were no difficult technical questions or really any technical questions at all. While several candidates waited to be interviewed by a more senior interviewer, a recent hire sat in the waiting room with us, ostensibly to offer advice.

Interview Questions

• What was your view on the global financial crisis? How do you think the banking industry should have learned to change and regulate itself following the fallout from those events?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Norridge, IL).

Interview

I applied online. I got a call about three days later. Went to the interview. I met with the branch manager and interviewed for about 15 min. she asked me a bunch of general interview questions. The lady was very nice and made it comfortable. Overall it was a positive experience.

FSC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Pretty straight forward process. Receive a call from HR recruiter and she asked about my previous experience then se book an appointment so I can go to a 1 on 1 interview with the manager. The waiting process was done in 2 weeks time. They were very helpful on the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about one time you had a situation with one of your teammate?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Interview went well. Very professional . Had to turn down position due to location not being close to public transportation. Very disappointed.The PNC branch that needed a bank teller at the time unfortunately was not near public transportation. I had no easy way of getting there. They told me they would keep my resume on file in case another branch teller position opened up, but I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• List all of your previous experience. Do you like working with people?   Answer Question

The PNC branch that needed a bank teller at the time unfortunately was not near public transportation. I had no easy way of getting there. I was very disappointed. They told me they would keep my resume on file in case another branch teller position opened up, but I never heard back from them.

Full Time Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Monroeville, PA).

Interview

Group interview with 7 other candidates in the conference room. The HR recruiter, one assistant branch manager, and another assistant branch manager from another branch were present. Pretty laidback and stress-free interview. I was the only one who was hired because I am very overqualified with a college degree. This is the worst job I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself. 2. Tell me about a time that you provided exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2015.

Interview

I applied on line and got an email for a group interview where there were 5 other candidates, the recruiter and the branch manager. It was a great and pleasant interview experience where they made us feel comfortable and explained a little about the company as each question was asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell us you name and where you live. Why did you choose PNC? Why this position? What was the biggest accomplish you've reached that you feel proud of? Tell me an experience when you went above and beyond to please a customer. Whyare you the best fit for this position? (for this one we had to stand up and give a short answer with a framed time of around 60 seconds). The interview happened very recently, so I haven't had the opportunity of hearing back from them yet.   Answer Question

I didn't decline. I haven't heard back yet, due the interview just happened.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Falls Church, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was group interview. The candidates were over 15 people. The recruiter and the branch were pleasant figures. They gave us information about the bank and asked us a couple questions. It lasted more than an hour.

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Falls Church, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Very quick, job offered within a week. Group interview, got a phone call after that day from the branch manager to set up a 1:1 interview. After 3-4 days, received a call from recruiter that I was offered a job.

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Baltimore, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

This was my second interview with PNC. They didn't pick me for the first location and then another recruiter called and placed me elsewhere. The current location I am going to has a very relaxed atmosphere although it is still sales so you have to get out there and talk to people. I was told during the slower traffic times I am to go into the store and bring people back; its a grocery location. The interview consisted of an interview with the branck manager it lasted about an hour. Then another with the regional manager which lasted abput 30 minutes. Nothing to hard as far as the questions really just the tell me a time when type questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a coworker do something unethical and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate some I told the regional manager about another offer I had and asked if they could at least come close. She basically told me it was up to the recruiter and that she thought it was unlikely because I am coming from retail and not banking. The recruiter did up the offer.