PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions

2.7

Training Facilitator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Short personality assessment required to go with online application. Initial phone interview with potential manager then another phone interview with that person's manager (both were located remotely). PNC then chose 2 candidates to give a teaching presentation to a panel of potential co-workers, manager and two regional managers. A Q&A session followed the presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Give specific example of a situation you had to address when a co-worker would not do what you asked. How did you resolve the problem?   View Answer

Salary offered was not in line with industry standards for this type of position

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview process was pretty smooth and punctual. The first and foremost was the phone interview, which lasted around 15 minutes. About a week later, I was called in for a one on one interview with the branch manager and approximately a week after that, I had my final interview which was with the district manager. Once I was done with the final interview, they offered me a position exactly a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example where you overcame a difficulty/problem?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you had to respond to an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

I was contacted for a brief phone interview from the HR person. She asked me about three behavioral questions before inviting me to a super day event happening in Pittsburgh. The super day was a two day process happening at the Westin Hotel. The first night was an informal marketing night. You had the opportunity to talk to executives and ask how they like PNC. The next day was a formal interview. It was three, twenty five minute interviews. These interviews were extremely relaxed. They were formatted like a conversation, each interviewer asked three questions each.

Risk Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Two phone interviews and then on-site interview. First, HR did the phone screening and asked questions about the reason why are you leaving the current company. After the first step, a hiring manager did the phone interview with me.

Interview Questions
    • briefly work through the project I have done and some technical skill when building statistical models.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Phone interview. Then online test with some pretty bizarre questions some having nothing to do with the position. Passing that you get invited to a Group interview of about 40-50 potential employees. Had to speak about yourself in front of the entire group about yourself and your backround. About 10 managers split people up into groups of 4 or 5. They then go around the group and ask interview questions. Pretty awkward. Then they take everyone on a tour in the call center while people are taking live calls. I was originally offered the job then they called me back 5 min. later to tell me that they decided to not extend the offer to me. I was floored and speechless. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

CSA Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Took a little under 2 weeks.
    Applied online and then an email was sent to me to complete a test
    I took a test
    Phone interview took just a couple of minutes
    Interview in my branch

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever handled transactions?
      Any experience in sales?

Answer Question

Treasury Management Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Submitted my resume through the talent search. Was contacted by a campus recruiter and a week later had a phone interview. After my phone interview I was selected to go to super day.

Universal Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

I really care about you as a person - they actually seem too. Promise the world. They ask some behavorial questions and then ask you some typical questions on your background. They like people who are pleasant and have a nice personality.

Interview Questions
    • If you were strapped to a water boarding table and forced to inhale large amounts of water what would you do?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

First, I applied through my university and received an on campus interview. Four day later, I was informed that I was invited to super day in roughly three weeks. Super day was crowded, but run very well. I had four interviews for the Capital Markets Track. The interviews were mostly behavioral, but I there was one technical, one brain teaser, and a few questions about my opinions on the markets and current finance events.

Interview Questions
    • How does net income show up in all three financial statements?   Answer Question

Universal Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Applied online within an hour recived an email to complete assessment test and more info about resume. Three days later recived call from recruiter for group interview which was set up for the next week. Really was more like an info session then broken down to individual interviews with specific back branches. Recived call on the way home for second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you set a goal but didn't achieve it?   Answer Question