PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.6

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wooster, OH

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Wooster, OH) in September 2009.

Interview

non interview, management needs training on interviews

Interview Questions

• why not doing complete financial planning, when they new we aren't permitted to do planning and don't have the tools   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2011.

Interview

On campus behavioral followed by super day consisting of 4 mini interviews.

Interview Questions

• What differences do manufacturing firms and distribution firms have on their balance sheets?   Answer Question

Model Validation Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2011.

Interview

The interviewers are not professional: She (manager) was taking personal phone calls during the interview. Asking questions when I have not finished the previous question. (Shows no respect to the candidate) It is a terrible, rude place although I was only there for a couple of hours. I have a nice job and was not really on the job market but the bank's recruiter dragged me there. Wasted a full day there.

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Melbourne, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

Attended a 'Group' interview in Melbourne, Florida for a Customer Service Representative for PNC in Viera, Florida. What I assumed would be multiple interviewers in the group interview turned out to be multiple applicants being interviewed together. There were three store managers sitting around the oval conference table with the recruiter at the end. The multiple applicants including myself sat at the table. The recruiter played a Company video on her notebook at the beginning of the interview process. She explained how the questions would be asked by asking us the same question in a clockwise order then switching it.

Interview Questions

• Although the recruiter stated that there were multiple positions and that the applicants weren't competing for the same position was deceiving. The interview tone became combative and competitive. As an experienced CS Rep. I care about people. I wasn't going to use the other applicants answers against them to degrade their qualifications as one did during the interview. Awkward interview style that I would not participate in again unless I was running for a Political office. The Group interview enabled one younger applicant to look at the older applicant and state repeatedly that she had a good twenty more years of productive working years to offer. After that this same applicant repeatedly stated how she stays at her job and doesn't skip around after hearing the other applicant state that she has only been at her current bank for a few months. This wasn't a healthy environment where each applicant could promote his/her talents without them being used against them in a competitive way.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Phone interview. Then online test with some pretty bizarre questions some having nothing to do with the position. Passing that you get invited to a Group interview of about 40-50 potential employees. Had to speak about yourself in front of the entire group about yourself and your backround. About 10 managers split people up into groups of 4 or 5. They then go around the group and ask interview questions. Pretty awkward. Then they take everyone on a tour in the call center while people are taking live calls. I was originally offered the job then they called me back 5 min. later to tell me that they decided to not extend the offer to me. I was floored and speechless. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Interview was two-part process, conducted by existing supervisors and managers. Both parts were awkward, unprofessional, & unorganized. There always seemed to be a lot of bias during every interview phase. I hope other departments do a much better job.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Took assessment online and then called for a phone interview. Wanted to do phone interview in my current employers break room. Odd. Did face to face interview lasted 75 minutes. Detailed questions concerning my current customer service position. Found some questions were not relevant for the job. Followed a printed form of questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked many questions about difficult customer service issues.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

The interview process was a bit lengthy (total of 2 months I'd say). I completed an application then two weeks later, I was called back for a phone interview. I passed the first phone interview, then they scheduled me for an additional phone interview. I passed the second interview that I passed and was told to come in for a group interview. The group interview was a large room filled with about 20-25 people. The groups were then separated by 4-6 people per group in different rooms through out the building with a PNC team lead. During the group interview, we were asked scenario questions, and were told to be ourselves. Following a week later, I was called back with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, but due to my experience they negotiated a fair pay for me.

Universal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (New Brunswick, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

Very thorough and professional. Kept me informed through the process. Interviewer seemed very engaged and knowledgeable Spoke about organizational culture and presented in-depth job responsibilities and performance expectations. Outlined career path opportunities.

Pnc Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perryopolis, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Perryopolis, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

Received a phone call from HR than she sent email links I had to do. After the assessment I got a call back to do a group interview. Went to a group interview, there was 7 other people there and the managers asked everyone the same questions, which got difficult for the fact everyone is saying what you either want to or you already did. Very hard to stand apart from each other and a nerve wracking experience.