PNC Financial Services Group

2.7

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wooster, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wooster, OH

The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2009.

non interview, management needs training on interviews

Interview Questions
    • why not doing complete financial planning, when they new we aren't permitted to do planning and don't have the tools   View Answer

Credit Risk Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2011.

On campus behavioral followed by super day consisting of 4 mini interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What differences do manufacturing firms and distribution firms have on their balance sheets?   Answer Question

Model Validation Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2011.

The interviewers are not professional:

She (manager) was taking personal phone calls during the interview. Asking questions when I have not finished the previous question. (Shows no respect to the candidate)

It is a terrible, rude place although I was only there for a couple of hours.

I have a nice job and was not really on the job market but the bank's recruiter dragged me there. Wasted a full day there.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2014.

Attended a 'Group' interview in Melbourne, Florida for a Customer Service Representative for PNC in Viera, Florida. What I assumed would be multiple interviewers in the group interview turned out to be multiple applicants being interviewed together. There were three store managers sitting around the oval conference table with the recruiter at the end. The multiple applicants including myself sat at the table. The recruiter played a Company video on her notebook at the beginning of the interview process. She explained how the questions would be asked by asking us the same question in a clockwise order then switching it.

Interview Questions
    • Although the recruiter stated that there were multiple positions and that the applicants weren't competing for the same position was deceiving. The interview tone became combative and competitive. As an experienced CS Rep. I care about people. I wasn't going to use the other applicants answers against them to degrade their qualifications as one did during the interview. Awkward interview style that I would not participate in again unless I was running for a Political office.
      The Group interview enabled one younger applicant to look at the older applicant and state repeatedly that she had a good twenty more years of productive working years to offer. After that this same applicant repeatedly stated how she stays at her job and doesn't skip around after hearing the other applicant state that she has only been at her current bank for a few months. This wasn't a healthy environment where each applicant could promote his/her talents without them being used against them in a competitive way.

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

The interview process was a bit lengthy (total of 2 months I'd say). I completed an application then two weeks later, I was called back for a phone interview. I passed the first phone interview, then they scheduled me for an additional phone interview. I passed the second interview that I passed and was told to come in for a group interview. The group interview was a large room filled with about 20-25 people. The groups were then separated by 4-6 people per group in different rooms through out the building with a PNC team lead. During the group interview, we were asked scenario questions, and were told to be ourselves. Following a week later, I was called back with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    No, but due to my experience they negotiated a fair pay for me.

Technology Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2013.

I applied to this particular position through my university's career link. Right away, the HR rep called to schedule an interview. The first night is the Super Day, where you network with execs and employees at night and learn about the position available. The next day, you have 4 interviews with top execs. Questions were behavioral and situational. The people were very friendly and welcoming.

Finance & Accounting Summer Internship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

I had an introductory phone interview where we just went over the position and a little bit about myself. Then another phone interview where she asked me more questions like Why PNC? or What makes me stand out as a sophomore against all juniors? Then their Super Day in Pittsburgh which is at a hotel with 3 rounds of interviews all in the morning. (Since I was a sophomore trying to get a junior position, it was a huge uphill battle)

Interview Questions
    • Where do you read your financial news? What story have you seen recently?
      What is the most important financial statements when planning on investing in a company?

Answer Question

Accel Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2010.

numerous phone interviews followed by three 15 min interviews with 3 different people back to back

Interview Questions
    • tell us about a time you did not get along with someone at work   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Dundee, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Dundee, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2011.

initial phone interview, followed by an assessment then a face to face interview, sometimes followed by a second face to face interview

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and you overcame it?   Answer Question

Modeling Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Initial phone interview by compancy recruiter, followed by phone interview by recruiting manager and on-site interviews with the entire team.