PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions

2.7

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wooster, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wooster, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2009.

non interview, management needs training on interviews

Interview Questions
    • why not doing complete financial planning, when they new we aren't permitted to do planning and don't have the tools   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2014.

Attended a 'Group' interview in Melbourne, Florida for a Customer Service Representative for PNC in Viera, Florida. What I assumed would be multiple interviewers in the group interview turned out to be multiple applicants being interviewed together. There were three store managers sitting around the oval conference table with the recruiter at the end. The multiple applicants including myself sat at the table. The recruiter played a Company video on her notebook at the beginning of the interview process. She explained how the questions would be asked by asking us the same question in a clockwise order then switching it.

Interview Questions
    • Although the recruiter stated that there were multiple positions and that the applicants weren't competing for the same position was deceiving. The interview tone became combative and competitive. As an experienced CS Rep. I care about people. I wasn't going to use the other applicants answers against them to degrade their qualifications as one did during the interview. Awkward interview style that I would not participate in again unless I was running for a Political office.
      The Group interview enabled one younger applicant to look at the older applicant and state repeatedly that she had a good twenty more years of productive working years to offer. After that this same applicant repeatedly stated how she stays at her job and doesn't skip around after hearing the other applicant state that she has only been at her current bank for a few months. This wasn't a healthy environment where each applicant could promote his/her talents without them being used against them in a competitive way.
        Answer Question

Credit Risk Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2011.

On campus behavioral followed by super day consisting of 4 mini interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What differences do manufacturing firms and distribution firms have on their balance sheets?   Answer Question

Model Validation Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2011.

The interviewers are not professional:

She (manager) was taking personal phone calls during the interview. Asking questions when I have not finished the previous question. (Shows no respect to the candidate)

It is a terrible, rude place although I was only there for a couple of hours.

I have a nice job and was not really on the job market but the bank's recruiter dragged me there. Wasted a full day there.

Single Point of Contact Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in December 2011.

Took an automated phone interview asking basic questions, followed by and phone call from corporate HR who scheduled a phone interview with the department then a face to face interview with 2 hiring managers. Who did a follow up call with an offer. Very excited for the opportunity and ready to work was extremely surprised of how quick the process was.

Interview Questions
    The initial offer was extremely great no need for negotiations $6 pay increase from my old position.

PNC Accel Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2011.

phone interview first, then a "superday" two day interview process out of town with a meet and greet, followed by next morning three 1 on 1 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • why do you want to be a part of this program?   Answer Question
    • previous performance reviews   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time when you had to get someone on board with something that they didnt want to do?   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you exceeded a customers expectations   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you made a mistake and tried to blame it on someone else or make an excuse instead of taking ownership   Answer Question

Capital Markets Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in December 2013.

There was a networking event the night before super day, which was pretty relaxed. You basically walk around and schmooze with analysts, associates, MD's, or VP's in your track (capital markets for me). The next day you have breakfast and are assigned a mentor (usually an analyst or associate) and they make sure you get to each interview on time and answer any questions. All travel, food, and costs were covered by PNC afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • You have two jugs; a 3 gallon and 5 gallon jug. How can you fill them up or empty them out to reach four gallons?   View Answer

ACCEL Mortgage Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2013.

First round of interviews were on campus. They basically see if you are qualified for the position, can speak to your experiences, and have a genuine interest in the company / program. If selected, the second round is in Chicago. Structured very well, the "super day" is meant to see if you are ready for the position and how well you compare to other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions, just trying to see your past work experience and if you would be a good fit for not only the company but also the position.   Answer Question

Technology Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2013.

I applied to this particular position through my university's career link. Right away, the HR rep called to schedule an interview. The first night is the Super Day, where you network with execs and employees at night and learn about the position available. The next day, you have 4 interviews with top execs. Questions were behavioral and situational. The people were very friendly and welcoming.

Corporate and Institutional Banking Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2012.

Applied online and contacted Campus recruiting myself because they did not recruit at my school. First round phone interview was pretty generic and standard. A month later was called up and flown to Pittsburgh for a "super day." First night was a meet and greet reception. Second day consisted of three interviews and then flew back home. Received a call from a totally random person that I had never talked to one week to the day later saying I would not be extended an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation when you had to make an ethical decision and what you did.   Answer Question
    • Explain how the three financial statements are related to each other.   Answer Question
    • If you were making a personal investment and could only look at one financial statement from a company, which would it be and why?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you failed to do something and how you reacted.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you had to react to a situation where you received new information.   Answer Question

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!