PNC Financial Services Group

Updated Mar 2, 2015

2.7

CSA Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Took a little under 2 weeks.
    Applied online and then an email was sent to me to complete a test
    I took a test
    Phone interview took just a couple of minutes
    Interview in my branch

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever handled transactions?
      Any experience in sales?

Answer Question

PNC Bank Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2015.

First I had to fill out the online application, 2nd was my group interview which had 17 people and 3 interviewers. Lastly, was my interview with the Branch Manager. Overall it was a great experience. The Branch Manager was very friendly, polite and straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you faced adversity at work and how you overcame it? Tell me about a time where you had a difficult customer and how you handled it.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

First, I applied through my university and received an on campus interview. Four day later, I was informed that I was invited to super day in roughly three weeks. Super day was crowded, but run very well. I had four interviews for the Capital Markets Track. The interviews were mostly behavioral, but I there was one technical, one brain teaser, and a few questions about my opinions on the markets and current finance events.

Interview Questions
    • How does net income show up in all three financial statements?   Answer Question

Universal Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Applied online within an hour recived an email to complete assessment test and more info about resume. Three days later recived call from recruiter for group interview which was set up for the next week. Really was more like an info session then broken down to individual interviews with specific back branches. Recived call on the way home for second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you set a goal but didn't achieve it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

3-4, 25 minute interviews that were mostly behavioral. If you are doing Capital Markets track, the questions will be more technical.

They have a reception dinner that helps you get in the interviewing mindset. My advice is to get all of your jitters out there. Attack the reception. Also, you have a good chance to meet your interviewers and get that initial awkward meeting time out of the way.

Overall, they do a great job at hosting you and the people are very friendly. Nothing to be too worried about.

Interview Questions
    • How to the three financial statements relate to one another?   Answer Question
    • What is a time in your life that you received negative feedback and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Retail Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

consisted mainly of behavioral questions. they fly everyone they are going to interview into Pittsburgh for the day and each person interviews with 2 different people. overall it was one of the better interviews I have participated in. about a week after the interview I got a call and an offer.

Interview Questions
    • if your friends were to describe you what would they say?   Answer Question

Institutional Asset Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2015.

Phone interview for 30 minutes. It was a decent interview. Interviewer engaged in small talk for 5 minutes before getting to technical questions. Then super day in Pittsburgh with more of the same.

Interview Questions
    • Pitch a stock, What would be the effects if the Fed increased rates?, How is the market doing? How would you break apart a portfolio?   View Answer

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2015.

Two phone interviews. They do not try reaching you via email even if they cannot reach you via phone. Lots of technical questions, did not get any behavioral questions. Described my research, and got some very technical questions about it. After that there was about 10-12minutes of questions part that I was supposed to answer all sorts of questions. For an internship interview it was very intense one.

Interview Questions
    • which clustering method would you use to group the data?   Answer Question

Quantitative Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2015.

A short, easy phone interview with the hiring manager. Then the onsite interview with 5 managers/employees. Lots of brain teasers, statistical/mathematical questions. Probability, time series modeling, linear regression, etc. People are nice but the questions are difficult.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in May 2014.

First there was a phone interview that was more in depth than the following group interview. Group interview followed by brief one on one interview with recruiter followed by meetup with branch manager

The group interview was alarming, as no one was notified that this was how the process would be conducted. Not being taken for individuals was disappointing.
    Everything seemed very kindergarten-ish; ironically, mostly very young people were drawn in to apply. There was something very lacking and very incomplete about the interview process - like finding a lottery ticket promising you money and then it turning out to be a fake. It was obvious PNC needed warm bodies to fill ever increasing voids in staffing.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were focused at the group, making the need to stand out a competitive event. It was very "Hello my name is ___ and I am from ___..."   Answer Question