PNC Financial Services Group

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.7

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

i was called to interview then no response. no offer or decline. I tried to figure out what happen and then recruiter wouldn't call or even email me back. I finally gave up and accepted a different job offer.

Mailroom Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2015.

I really enjoyed the interview process. Explain the company and what they're looking for. Easy basic interview questions. Interviewer was really nice. Brief straight to the point. I interview on Friday got offered a position on Monday afternoon.

Interview Questions
    • What difficulties have you experience on your past job(s)?   Answer Question
    N/A

Risk Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Process took about four weeks. Had a brief phone call with HR as a "sniff test", about 15 min. Then the next week I had a 45 min phone call with manager talking about the internship. This was mostly behavioral. I was invited to the super day in Pittsburgh for an all day series of interviews two weeks after my second phone call. This consisted of 5 separate 30 min interviews. There were different combinations of pairings. In between the interviews you were free to talk to current employees. super day was on a Friday, I got a call that Monday saying I got the internship.

Interview Questions
    • How do you attack problems and what is your reasoning?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2015.

I received a call from a recruiter who asked me basic questions about my cash handling and goal meeting experiences. She then proceeded by scheduling me for a face to face interview with the branch manager. I was asked to bring a copy of my resume and dress in business professional attire. I met with the branch manager and her very presence was inviting. Normally I am a jovial, bubbly individual and I smile a lot, that puts me and the interviewer at ease, before we got into the interview. The process started with basic questions about certain things on my resume, then proceeded into the more complex questions, consisting of open ended questions for different situations, such as give me an example where you had a difficult customer and how did you resolve the issue. My interviewer was very jovial as well and she pretty much flipped through the questions. I was told in detail about what the job entails and what specifically they were aiming for as a firm. By the end of the interview I felt pretty confident. She introduced me to the regional manager as well as the assistant branch manager and teller supervisor. I was not offered the position as yet. However it was a great experience and I left mostly confident as I patiently awaited a response. I emailed the manager to say thanks for the opportunity to be interviewed with such a firm and waited some more. The next day I received a call offering me the position. Made my day!!!

Interview Questions
    • This question was asked by the regional manager. What is more important, skill or will?   View Answer

Institutional Bank Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

More of a conversation than anything, no technical questions and no really fit questions either. Just a conversation about resume and a lot of opportunity/time for questions. This was all first round. There was also a "co-host" who was a younger guy who spoke to me more informally before and after the interview.

Default Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Over all process took overall about 2 weeks. I applied and received a call within 2 days from the recruiter she set up an initial phone interview (on a Friday for me) on that call she set up a second phone interview which I received the following Monday. Later that week I received a call from the recruiter saying they were interested and wanted to set up the panel interview in person. I had that the following week. There are 3 interviewers normally a manager and two supervisors. This interview is a personality interview.. Very much like when you do a questionare on an app for different companies. After this I was called back and offered the position. I started at the best time for me.

Interview Questions
    There was none. I'm sure that can be worked out though.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2014.

Two thirty minute phone interviews, then they flew me to Pittsburgh for a day of final round interviews (called "Super Day" if I recall correctly). This final round consisted of maybe five or six in-person conversations--mostly behavioral but one case study. And most of the behavioral interviews were just me explaining my resume to the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • I have a somewhat unusual professional history, so explaining that in a cogent manner can be difficult   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in December 2012.

First step I had a short phone interview with the recruiter .In 2 weeks I had the interview with the manager , very pleasant very easy going.It was a great experience.

Financial Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Was able to show proven track record of great customer service scores. I had only a phone interview. My branch manager from a previous employer was the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect to be doing in 10 years. Why do you want to work for PNC. Role Playing with a difficult customer. during the interview   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate the base salary

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Three interviews, First phone, the group, and the last one is a individual interview. The interview was easy and all you ad to say is what they wanted to here even if it wasn't the truth.

Interview Questions
    • What would you need to work on when you are hired   View Answer
    none