PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.7

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grayslake, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Grayslake, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was with 3 other branch managers. Seemed pressuring at first but they were all friendly. Being humors yet also very professional is helpful. Being yourself and showing the skills they are looking for during the interview are what they look for.

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Akron, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview took about 60 minutes with the Branch Manager and Head Teller. Both professional and easy going. Asked me a lot of sale related questions. Then finished the interview telling me about the position, benefits, and training. Whole process from applying to excepting offer took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why PNC?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to sell something.   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you feel about you met a quota, and how did you go about succeeding in meeting it?   Answer Question

Operations Specialist (Fulltime Midnite) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Itasca, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Apply to job online. Within two weeks received a call from HR in Pittsburgh. Following two days later HR from Massachusetts called to schedule an in-person interview. Since it was a midnite shift the interview time was 12:30am. When I arrived for the interview I was not expected. It seemed the manager was off and HR was to have called to reschedule. I had two workers take me in a conference room for a casual talk. After about 10 minutes I was told I would need to come back to interview with the manager. That was a week ago. No call from anyone at either HR or the manager. Does anyone else realize how unprofessional that was? Does anyone else realize how inappropriate it is for a non-management person to conduct an interview? That opens the company up to all sorts of legal issues if there are the wrong questions answered. It makes me wonder if it is a common practice of theirs.

Interview Questions

• Do i have a problem working mandatory 10-hr Sundays and Mondays?   1 Answer

In Store Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Baltimore, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

First apply online, second got an email, after that processed an assessment online, finally got an email for interview event, I had an interview in morning, it was a group interview and people were around a table to answer the question of manager.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

I applied online one branch. Got a call about a week or two later for another branch. The first interview was on the phone with the recruiter regarding the job description and whether or not I would be able to work/commute etc. About a day later, got another call scheduling the one on one interview at a local branch. Went to the one on one interview. Turns out that a branch manager will conduct the interview and so I felt good about getting the job. No. There's a second interview at the main branch. Go to the interview with both the branch manager and the teller supervisor. Did not feel well about the second interview. Next day get a call saying that I did not get the position. Next week I get a call saying that I did get the position. Turns out you have to be good looking to get the position. (I was told that the guy who actually got the job before me turned down the offer and the sole reason was this. Not making this up people.) Eh.. I got the second hand job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterford, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Waterford, MI).

Interview

The interview was professional and went very well with my manager . She was very polite and asked a lot of questions and wanted to get to know a lot about me and asked me how much more I wanted to know about PNC as a bank and what they offered their customers.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what made want to work at PNC, my experience with banking, how would I handle various customers coming into the branch at the time be it good or bad and my approach with B2B sales.   2 Answers

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Bellevue, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job online, and received a phone call 2 days later. I sat down with the branch manager, and one of the other customer service associates. He asked me a series of questions, but was very laid back about it. He ended my interview with a "Would you rather: take on 1 horse sized ants, or 100 ant sized horses?" That question alone explains how easy going of an interview it was.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to deal with a difficult customer, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What made you apply at PNC bank, versus our competitors?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grandview, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Grandview, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online Sunday and then Monday got an email to do a assessment once I finished it a couple hours later I got a call to schedule a phone interview for the following day. I applied for full and part time. The recruiter told me she was going to call the manger with full time position to see if it was still open and that she would call me in a day or two to let me know. The following day which is now Wednesday she called me and told me the full time was taken but there was a part that was about 30-34 hours a week so I went to interview with the manger and teller supervisor on Thursday at 2:30. The interview was about 45-60 minutes long. The manger told me she had a few more interviews for Thursday to still do. About an hour after I got out of the interview I got a call from the recruiter offering me the position. Will need to do a background check, drug test, and finger prints scanned within 72 hours after offer. Back ground check could be started once interview is set up

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ormond Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Ormond Beach, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I have not interviewed with any company since leaving PwC last year. PNC is the only job I submitted my resume for and they chose another candidate before talking with me.

Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Erlanger, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

It took about an hour, they were very thorough with their question. They did not truly specify how 'retail' the position would be. I did enjoy how well they listened to my past experience and they answered all of my questions in detail. They also gave example from their time at the bank which helped in my understanding.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important factor in customer service to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered to negotiate pay but a friend of mine was not. I'm not sure what constitutes who gets to negotiate though I did come from a higher paying job.