PNC Financial Services Group

546 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller

I applied online and interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – Application to interview went fairly quickly. I heard back from them within the week. The interview was fairly straight forward. Branch manager and assistant were the ones that held the interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Part Time Teller Interview

Part Time Teller
DuBois, PA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and was called the next day for a phone screening. After the phone screening was done a phone interview was scheduled, basic questions were asked such as previous work experience and education. After phone interview a face to face was scheduled and more of the simple questions were asked along with a description of the job.

Interview Question – No specific question was difficult but the thoroughness of the background check questions was surprising at first. Then again it's a bank....   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

InStore Financial Sales Consultant Interview

InStore Financial Sales Consultant
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2013.

Interview Details – the interview started from a call from the recruiter she interviewed me 2 times and after that she was pushing i go for the group interviews although i had indicated i wasnt interested at the group interviews it was just 2 questions each person and then i got a call with the offer of the position

Interview Question – its the most easy interview i thibk they are just glad that some one interviews with them soince they always have ahigh turn over rate   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they dont negotiate

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Birmingham, AL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2014.

Interview Details – the process was really quick. i applied online. received call from the recruiter 3 days later. interviewed 2 days later and was hired the day after my interview. my interview was face to face.

Interview Question – the recruiter was out of PA. so i was sure of the time difference. I had to call him several times before I finally received a return.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i was able to negotiate but my position also offered a shift diff. so I was comfortable with offer after shift diff. was added.

Banking Representative I Interview

Banking Representative I

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – Standard phone interview: strengths, weaknesses, example of handling an irate customer, example of going beyond the norm for a customer.

Interview Question – star question: situation, task, action and result   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt negotiate, due to another position being promised.

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Financial Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – phone interview, group interview and 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Question – There weren't any. They were all standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nono

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller
Louisville, KY

I applied online and interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – I applied for this job and in three days was called to set up a phone interview. Phone interview basically was just asking about my qualifications and what my availability was. After that I had to do a assessment test, and maybe two days later I was contacted to attend a group interview. My recruiter was awesome super friendly and helpful. The recruiter and the other PNC employees that were there were super nice they only asked us six questions. But it was very fast paced you had to come up with your answers rather quickly and a lot of the questions had many parts to them that you had to include in your answer. Such as name a time where you were instructed to complete a hard task. I had to name the task, why was it hard, what did i learn, what was the outcome, what could I have done better. This is just a example! It took about 90 minutes. After my group interview I was offered another interview with a bank manager three days later. The bank manager was so sweet and made me feel very at ease. She asked maybe 10 questions. Most were about my customer service skills, sales ability, past job questions, why PNC bank, basically you had to sale yourself to them. Told i would be contacted within three days. Got called back and offered job a hour later.

Interview Question – Name a time where you achieved significant sales and include your accomplishment, your obstacle, how it challenged you, what you learned about yourself, who gave you this task, and what was outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I think I got offered a good amount so excepted. They had many many other candidates be careful negotiating they may go with someone else. You may ask is there any wiggle room on the amount.

Teller Supervisor Interview

Teller Supervisor
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in December 2013.

Interview Details – Completed the online application after finding the job on Indeed.com, had me create a profile for the careers website (just basic info) then started the app. All disclosure, pretty normal any criminal record stuff, then just mainly address and more basic info. Then after I got the call back there was a test for Personality and Ethics and a phone interview. The phone interview was mainly about previous work history, why I chose PNC and how will I fill in the role. After that got the interview with my Branch Manager, and Assistant Branch Manager. Pretty easy as new jobs go, I suppose, great company. Training is best in class as far as i'm concerned, no expenses lost in the commitment they show new employees.

Interview Question – None, pretty standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't accept the first offer, and a day later she came back more reasonable number and I accepted. PNC is a conservative bank, thats good and bad but if you show your abilities and put in the work they reward you.

Project Manager III Interview

Project Manager III

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2010.

Interview Details – I have applied online. I did not hear back till one month later. I have heared directly from the hiring manager. I had a total of 4 interviews, which took about 4 weeks. After that I did not hear from the hiring manger. I called after two weeks and asked the project manager about the status. 2 hours later I heared from the HR person and informed me that they would like to offer me a job

Interview Question – What is your five years goals and how PNC will benifit from them   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied for position online and through an employee referral. Heard from HR within a few days and had a "get to know me" session with one of the managers of the hiring manager. Invited back one week later for a more in-depth interview with several people. Entire process from start to finish took about four weeks.

Interviews for Top Jobs at PNC Financial Services Group