PNC Financial Services Group

2.7

In Store Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mullica Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mullica Hill, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Applied online on PNC website, got a call from the recruiter who asked about my current work experience and education and then we set up a date/time for a first interview. the first interview went great and I was offered the position two days later

Interview Questions
    was offered 27800 annual salary but I wanted more so we negotiated with a 30,000 annual salary

/Technology Summer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

First I met with recruiters during a Job Fair at my University. Then I was e-mailed later that evening to schedule an on-campus interview for the next day. The interview had a panel of three employees that asked a few behavioral questions. Then a few weeks later I received an interview follow-up call and an e-mail inviting me to Super Day. The night before the Super Day interviews there was a networking event with a presentation about the internships offered, networking (including getting to know the people you would be interviewing with), and light refreshments. The next day I had two 25 minute interviews. One interview was made up of the usually styled behavioral questions, the other was more like a conversation. The next week I got a call telling me I was offered a position and would be sent an e-mail with the details. Below I selected that I did not get an offer, but I actually did get one and am just still in the process of deciding between this internship and another one.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were working on a group project and the project ended up being drastically changed halfway to the due date. Describe the actions you took to make sure the project was still successfully completed on time.   Answer Question

Corporate and Institutional Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2014.

I applied online through my University's career center and scheduled an interview several weeks later. My interviewers were very informative and passionate about their jobs and did a good job answering all of my questions. They went through my résumé with me asking about all of my experiences and that part was fairly easy and laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Come prepared with lots of informed questions because they ask several times if you have questions for them.   Answer Question

Assistant Bank Manager Interview

interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2014.

The interview with the Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manager was 1 hr 35 mins and consisted of answering various situational questions utilizing past job experiences. I was told to answer each question utilizing the "STAR" concept; (S) situation, (T) task, (A) action and (R) result. Overall the interview wasn't too difficult since I had 29 years of Air Force experiences to talk about. I was surprised the interview didn't start off with the generic question of "tell me about yourself". My next interview of four (2 phone & one in-person) is with the Regional Manager.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most significant decision you have ever made in the absence of your boss?   Answer Question

Teller Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2014.

After submit my application online, I got a phone interview by HR. All questions are simple. What's you pay expectation? Do you need two weeks notice before start? Are you willing to work overtime? Nights? Weekends? One thing makes me feel uneasy is that she said she doesn't have my resume in front of her. I though that was unprofessional and disrespectful.

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

there were a total of four interviews.
    Two online, one telephone, and one in person. the telephone and online interviews were simple enough. The in-person interview was a joke. If you are not a minority, don't expect to be hired in any management level positions. Just keeping it real.

Interview Questions
    • Do you get along with people of "different" backgrounds?   View Answer
    They were pretty set on pay and benefits... Not much wiggle room.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

OCR followed by on-site.

Interviews were mostly behavioral, so as always, the best strategy is to demonstrate interest and intelligence. They will ask mostly about your resume.

I had a few technical questions. I studied abroad in China so I was asked about Chinese markets.

Interview Questions
    I did not attempt to negotiate.

Teller Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Orange, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Orange, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Filled out the application online, received and e-mail a few days later asking me to set up a phone interview. They only gave me 2 times with 30 minutes I'd need to be available for. I replied to the e-mail with my chosen time slot. Received an e-mail at around 2:00am the next morning asking me to confirm the time (which I couldn't because I had already done that). The day of the "interview" came I received a call within 10 minutes of the scheduled time. The person on the other end of the phone was rather rude, very short with me, cut me off several times and very unprofessional. The "interview" lasted no more than 8 minutes and I was told I'd receive an e-mail follow up if I was selected. I received the e-mail but I decided not to pursue employment with PNC based on my experience with the person over the phone.

Associate Trust Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Initial communication came through Linkedin. The recruiters were wonderful and stuck to their word. Gave continuous updates and were accommodating - worked around my schedule to get interviews scheduled. Lengthy process; took a few months, but was told that from the beginning.

Interview Questions
    • What's something about you someone wouldn't expect?
      What does your career path look like to you over the next 10 years?
      How did you handle a team member who wasn't a team player?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Nearly all behavioral questions. I had a first round that was purely to check to see if I was a real person, followed by the superday which was a series of behavioral interviews. Emphasize the "tell me about yourself" and the "well what do you know/like about my group" area of questions.