PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.6

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

There was first a phone interview, then the in-person interview with the assistant manager and the manager of the bank. About a week or so later, I had another phone interview with the regional manager

Interview Questions

• -How would I handle a company that is in the process of changing its entire platform of banking? -When have you had a conflict with a coworker or manager? -When have you had to make a sale, tell me about it, was it successful? -How do you react when someone doesn't seem to be into what you're selling?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received an email the following day to do the assessment test, after I completed that a recruiter called to set up a telephone interview. Had a few more things to electronically sign after that. Then a face to face interview was scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you built rapport quickly with someone. After every question about helping a co-worker or helping a client she'd ask how I thought it made them feel.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied for the full time position as a bank teller. Got a call 2 weeks later to come in for a interview. It was to managers in the room with me. They asked me simple questions like What would I do if I see a employee not following instructions. I thought I nailed it bUT haven't heard nothing back from them yet.

Branch Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied for a position in Alpharetta, GA. The hiring process was drawn out way to much; by far the longest process I have ever experienced. I first applied 2 months ago and received a phone call by the HR recruiter shortly after. Two weeks after the initial phone screening, I was set up for a interview with the Branch Manager. Keep in mind that this is essentially an Front-Line employee position, unlike any other bank, I had to interview with the Regional Manager. For what reason? They claim she is hands on and wants to know everyone. The Regional was on vacation the following week so I had to wait 1 1/2 weeks before I was able to interview with her. After this interview, she then wanted me to drive to another branch to meet a different Branch Manager; different than the one I originally met with. This whole process not to be offered the position. The hiring process was completely to drawn out and a lot of wasted time to not be offered a position. This definitely sheds a negative light on wanting to work for this company in the future. Probably would never apply for PNC Bank again.

Interview Questions

• If you missed your sales goal for the quarter, what would you do to ensure that you met that mark the next quarter?   Answer Question

Branch Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, got emails to complete application online, as well as, a link to an online assessment. Also got an invitation to a phone interview. Had the phone interview with a recruiter and face-to-face interview with a branch manager. It was a very interesting and inspiring experience.

Loan Support Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Short phone interview and in-person interview with a panel of two managers of the Commercial Loan department. There was little discussion about the pay scale, which made it a little difficult to negotiate a salary in the first interview.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in the position when you were in the application process?   Answer Question
    • Do you think you work better with a team, or individually?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle a situation if you caused a mistake/how would you explain to the client what happened?   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Holland, MI).

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call later that week that basically clarified my work availability. Another phone call the next week talking about work experience and basic interview a questions. Finally had an in person interview with the assistant branch manager. Then later that week with the branch manager. Got a call later that day from the recruiter with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating available. Was told my hours and pay rate.

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Although, I was early the interview started late. The manager didn't seem to be experienced enough or open-minded enough to be conducting an interview. This manager didn't possess certain skills and openly seemed to attempt to find something "wrong" with my resume. After naming all the qualities that were being looked for and it being confirmed that I have them, I began to consider that this manager may have been looking for something specific that would be more discriminatory. By the way that certain sentences were phrased and views expressed I believed that I may have been discriminated against for example, I was expected to be less professional and less intelligent based on my ethnicity. This manager didn't possess certain qualities that I have seen of a great interviewers and seemed to have already come to certain conclusions about me and my experiences before any questions were asked (the facial expressions showed this) and those conclusions were kept even after I provided a way for the reasoning to be understand in its entirety. The interview was conducted recently and therefore it is too early to be presented with an offer at all. On a side note, I was greeted exceptionally well by the tellers. They were professional, friendly, and extended those same greet traits to each and every customer that I saw come in.

Process Improvement Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

The process to start was fairly easy as I knew someone in the company. Went through 3 interviews. All people that I spoke with we're very friendly and didn't make you feel uncomfortable. Unfortunately, the process was very long and took close to two months to get an answer.

Financial Sales Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

one phone screening by recruiter and one phone interview with hiring manager. Went very quick manager and recruiter were nice. Company did not let you explain any issues that came up on background check.

Interview Questions

• Asked about sales experience. Nothing crazy. Pretty easy interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Declined offer.