PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions

2.7

Digital Experience Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a year or more - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2014.

PNC contacts me every few months about positions available. The first few times they stated they would setup an in person interview and I never heard back. Finally, I wast contacted again and the initial reviewer only wanted to talk about the benefits of my current employer and how to qualify a salary range without even getting to the interview. I had a couple phone interviews and then received an in person interview. At the end of the interview I was told I would get a test for writing a small web app. I had not heard from anyone for approximately a week, then I received a rejection e-mail. The HR representative could not give me a straight answer what happened that we went from "we'll give you a test" to "sorry, you are not qualified."

I had actually attended a PNC networking event where one executive claimed he put in 300 resumes before he was considered at PNC - 300?

I had remained in contact with the recruiter and stated that perhaps my skills weren't as advanced as what they were seeking but would probably fit in as a Product Designer or Manager for their CMS systems. I currently do a little of both. A response that said she will look into it. I have had no contact back.

To put this into context, I have had companies like Amazon contact me, yet I am not qualified for PNC?

The constant calling for a position and then dead ends lead me to believe one of two things about PNC, they either do not have a quality recruiting structure or they are just qualifying a position to insource or give to a cheap novice that eventually does not work out for them.

Let's see how many times they contact me in the next 6 months for the next round of phantom positions.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were basic Javascript coding questions for the Adobe CMS.   Answer Question

AML Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Internal interviews are based on behavioral questions instead of experience and education. Pay not competitive versus other financial institutions. Once an employee I believe behavioral questions should be limited and more based on education and experience.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you found out a co-worker or manager was violating the code of ethics?   Answer Question

Pay not enough even though I would have jumped 3 job grades.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2013.

Went through school career center, the first interview at school after a brief social the night before. It wasn't too difficult to get Invited to superday. Superday was in Pittsburgh and went through various interviews with different groups within the bank.

Branch Financial Sales Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lockport, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lockport, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2012.

The interview was fairly laid back. Simple questions, basic understanding of responsibilities. Staff was extremely friendly and sincere. I could tell this was a place I wanted to work.

Difficult.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in May 2014.

I applied online, contacted by recruiter a week later, 2 weeks later contacted by Talent Acquisitions, 2 weeks later contacted by Talent Acquisitions again for a branch interview, after a week I was informed that they pursued another candidate.

The branch was very professional but easygoing, the staff was very nice and inviting. The branch managers made the interview comfortable. Overall the interview was quite straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: What would you do if you noticed an employee doing something wrong but it didn't affect the business?   View Answer

Financial Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2013.

The process starts with a phone call and you are asked a number of behavioral questions such as: "tell me about a time you had an interaction with a difficult client and how did you handle it. The Second part is an interview with the hiring manager and a second manager. The final step is an interview with the branch manager and the financial advisor

Interview Questions
    • There are no real difficult questions and as long as you have had at least 3 years of work experience ou should be able to answer the questions with no problem   Answer Question

In-Store Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2013.

The hiring process was quick. I had the second interview the same day (friday) and got an offer Monday morning. The do an intial telephone interview, then, they do a group interview. The one on one was very brief.

No negotiation

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Application to interview went fairly quickly. I heard back from them within the week. The interview was fairly straight forward. Branch manager and assistant were the ones that held the interview.

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  DuBois, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DuBois, PA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2012.

Applied online and was called the next day for a phone screening. After the phone screening was done a phone interview was scheduled, basic questions were asked such as previous work experience and education. After phone interview a face to face was scheduled and more of the simple questions were asked along with a description of the job.

Interview Questions
    • No specific question was difficult but the thoroughness of the background check questions was surprising at first. Then again it's a bank....   Answer Question

InStore Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2013.

the interview started from a call from the recruiter she interviewed me 2 times and after that she was pushing i go for the group interviews although i had indicated i wasnt interested at the group interviews it was just 2 questions each person and then i got a call with the offer of the position

Interview Questions
    • its the most easy interview i thibk they are just glad that some one interviews with them soince they always have ahigh turn over rate   Answer Question
    they dont negotiate