PNC Financial Services Group

546 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

CSA/Switcher Interview

CSA/Switcher

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – After applying and completing a teller assessment, I was invited to a group interview. This consisted of the recruiter and about 12 other candidates. The point of the group interview is to see how each candidate interacts with the others. Questions about your experience dealing with customers and previous sales experience. Following this, I had a phone screening with the recruiter and she set up an appointment for me to interview with 2 branch managers. The following week (week 3) I was called by the regional manager and met with her as well as another branch manager whom I had not yet met. After this meeting I was offered the CSA position and had to pass the CSA assessment. Once you are offered the job you must pass background and credit check (cannot have bad credit, but average credit is acceptable) for this loan officer position. Must also pass drug screening and submit fingerprints.

Interview Question – Make sure when they say, "tell me about yourself" that you have planned out what to say so that you can be prepared to impress. Tell them with relevant info why you are interested in the position.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and submitted a resume and cover letter online for several teller positions through the PNC website. I was selected for one particular position and asked to attend a group interview. After attending the group interview and answering various questions about my skills and personality, I had to complete various questionnaires and take a drug test to continue on to the next step. I then had an hour-long interview with one of the district managers where we discussed my skills and the requirements of the job further.

Interview Question – The questions mostly revolved around customer service experience or why you wanted to work for PNC as opposed to other institutions, such as "Describe a time where you went above and beyond for the customer."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate as it was an entry-level position that many vied for and I was an external hire, giving me less leverage.

Core Service Consultant Interview

Core Service Consultant
Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2013.

Interview Details – Previously interviewing with PNC and accepting the job offer, PNC has a 3 step interviewing/ hiring process. After applying, if the HR has interest you will get a phone call. It's a questionnaire that you pretty much go re-submit your schedule. Be courteous and professional to the HR. Show interest! After that is complete they will send you a personality test to take. Before they hang up they will tell you that they are going to look over your application and if interested they will call you back. Wait 1-3 days, if you get a call back you will be into the 2nd interviewing process. This is the customer service (phone interview) part. a consultant will set up a time to call you for this process. It takes close to 30 minutes to complete. They are the "give a time" example questions. Be precise! after that I had a panel interview, me and 20 others around a meeting table where we were asked the same questions and had to answer 1 by 1 to the HR and other high up supervisors. about a week after that interview took place, I got the call to accept the job offer. They are very competitive pay, therefor I took the job! Key things to always remember interviewing, especially with PNC is; dress to success and professionalism.

Interview Question – conflict customer service question. Give a time where you disagreed with a customer, where they escalated the problem or concern. What was the conflict? How did you resolve the solution? What could you have done better?   View Answer

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Financial Sales Consultant
North, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted a resume online within a day I received a response by phone. The recruiter was pleasant and didn't take me into a long drawn out explain your resume again saga. She like my responses and immediately referred me over to the in store branch. It took 2 days after she sent over my information for him to call me back. I went in for the interview which lasted two hours. He asked me several questions about only one of my sales positions about how our commission structure worked.Finally, after all of that he sent me in to the isles to watch how they try and pull customers back to in store for more information. I didn't get the position which took another 4 days to find out. The recruiter said he stated I didn't have enough sales experience the job only requires a minimum of 1 year which I have from a previous job which is strictly sales. I didn't understand that one especially when he really didn't talk a lot about sales. He was nice but it was crazy. Why keep me too hours not to hire me a waste of time. The next the recruiter felt I should have gotten the position sent me out again to another in store branch close by. This one was with a female who from the start seemed to have a problem with me she was poorly dressed and late getting to the store at 9 then reschedule to 10 and she was still late. She asked basic questions about sales and how I would sale Pnc Products. She stated how would you sale PNC because product knowledge doesn't help and training doesn't prepare you for this. Im thinking so how did you do it then. She had me go out into the isle to see if I could introduce myself to strangers and strike up a conversation. It was ridiculous because I couldn't talk about PNC because I didn't work for them. Needless to say she didn't hire me she didn't like me from the start and didn't know me. She commented on my shoes being uncomfortable I had on a suit and heels. How should I have dressed for a bank interview. I couldn't wear sneakers. The recruiter was awesome she tried so hard the in store manager the first one was good the second one not so much.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, what have you sold how do you sell to a difficult customer   Answer Question

Branch Financial Advisor, Vice President Interview

Branch Financial Advisor, Vice President
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2012.

Interview Details – The first interview was mostly with an HR representative. Then they wanted proof of past production. The next step was a meeting with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – The interviews were all very conversational. No contrived situational or sterile interview tactics.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little, the offer was low with a high amount of opportunity. No upfront money or bonus, just a modest guarantee, a urine test and a handshake.

User Experience Designer Interview

User Experience Designer
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – Had a basic interview with people from UX, showed portfolio and had to talk about my process. They were curious about the UX methods used, whether it was individual or a group project, and the time frame the project had taken place. They also wanted to hear more about my research and questions I had for them.

Interview Question – What is it about a bank I would want to work at.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Kalamazoo, MI

Interview Details – I applied online and had instant feedback. I was called by a recruiter, then we set up a group interview. Group interview took about an hour and a half. It was very laid back.

Interview Question – Name a time you have been faced with negative customer, and how did you deal with them?   Answer Question

Finance Internship Interview

Finance Internship
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in December 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted online application. Got a call from HR to answer a couple brief questions and schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was very basic, standard get-to-know questions. Invited back for super day which consisted of 3 short interviews. Each interview was with two managers. Questions were all pretty basic and pretty much just walked through the resume. Was asked a couple times what questions I had, but nothing too serious.

Interview Question – One interviewer asked some probing questions about an internship experience but that was it. Be able to talk about anything on the resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Teller Interview

Teller

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – Phone interview asking about experience, then met with Branch Manager

Interview Question – Where do I want to go with my career.   Answer Question

Quality Control Accountant Interview

Quality Control Accountant
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted an application online and then met a recruiter at a a job fair. After about a week, they called me and asked if I would be interested in interviewing and then sent an e-mail to confirm date and time of face to face interview. There was only one interview in the process and it lasted about an hour.

Interview Question – They were all pretty much standard behavioral interview questions. What are your best qualities? What are your worst? When it was my turn to ask questions manager did not know a single answer. I asked things like what is their timeline for hiring someone?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was not negotiable.

Interviews for Top Jobs at PNC Financial Services Group