PNC Financial Services Group

561 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Banking Representative I Interview

Banking Representative I

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – Standard phone interview: strengths, weaknesses, example of handling an irate customer, example of going beyond the norm for a customer.

Interview Question – star question: situation, task, action and result   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt negotiate, due to another position being promised.

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Financial Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – phone interview, group interview and 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Question – There weren't any. They were all standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nono

Teller Supervisor Interview

Teller Supervisor
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in December 2013.

Interview Details – Completed the online application after finding the job on Indeed.com, had me create a profile for the careers website (just basic info) then started the app. All disclosure, pretty normal any criminal record stuff, then just mainly address and more basic info. Then after I got the call back there was a test for Personality and Ethics and a phone interview. The phone interview was mainly about previous work history, why I chose PNC and how will I fill in the role. After that got the interview with my Branch Manager, and Assistant Branch Manager. Pretty easy as new jobs go, I suppose, great company. Training is best in class as far as i'm concerned, no expenses lost in the commitment they show new employees.

Interview Question – None, pretty standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't accept the first offer, and a day later she came back more reasonable number and I accepted. PNC is a conservative bank, thats good and bad but if you show your abilities and put in the work they reward you.

Project Manager III Interview

Project Manager III

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2010.

Interview Details – I have applied online. I did not hear back till one month later. I have heared directly from the hiring manager. I had a total of 4 interviews, which took about 4 weeks. After that I did not hear from the hiring manger. I called after two weeks and asked the project manager about the status. 2 hours later I heared from the HR person and informed me that they would like to offer me a job

Interview Question – What is your five years goals and how PNC will benifit from them   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied for position online and through an employee referral. Heard from HR within a few days and had a "get to know me" session with one of the managers of the hiring manager. Invited back one week later for a more in-depth interview with several people. Entire process from start to finish took about four weeks.

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager III Interview

Project Manager III
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied for the job and a week later heard from the HR Recruiter. She asked basic questions about my project management experience, specifically asking if I had ever managed a project End-to-end and what my experience was in Estimating and budgeting projects. I was then brought in for a day of 4 30 Minute interviews. 1 with the hiring manager, 1 with a Senior Manager within the same department, and 2 interviews with Project Managers on the PMO team. Interview questions were pretty basic behavioral questions relating to my experience in Project management and Process improvement efforts. Here's a sampling of the questions asked between the four interviews:
- Tell me about a time you had to come up with a creative solution?
- What's the project you are most proud of?
- Tell me three things that are important to you about where you work
- How do you manage organizational change?
- What did you chose to attend the undergraduate college you went to?
- Tell me about process improvement projects you have worked on and what tools you used?
- What training have you had in Lean Management and Project Management?
- Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult sponsor or client?
- How did you manage risk in your other projects?
- What is your management style?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to come up with a creative solution?   View Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager
Columbus, OH

I applied in-person - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2010.

Interview Details – Usually go thru t2-3 interviews

Interview Question – Only the usual questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – did not negotiate

Continuous Improvement Process Engineer Interview

Continuous Improvement Process Engineer
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was first contacted via email by a recruiter to gauge my interest. As we progressed to the screening call I found her to be very east to work with and she was always responsive to my questions.

A phone interview with the department head followed and then a panel interview. The panel interview consisted of 5 people in the room and another 3 on the conference call. They did a good job of making the situation as stress free as possible.

Unfortunately, the original recruiter went on long term leave on the day after my panel interview. The recruiter that replaced her made no effort to let me know of next steps or if I didn't get the job. To this day I have never heard back from anyone at PNC in any format.

Overall, it was a good experience except for the lack of communication after the interview.

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you had to navigate a difficult political landscape.   View Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Cornelius, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter phone interview basic details of what job entails. Second interview phone interview discussed details of job and your experience. Third interview with branch manager.

Interview Question – Name a time you handled a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate

Interview Details – I was an internal candidate during my first interview with the company (after a conversion). I was asked general questions such as my experiences with customers and customer service, making referrals, etc.

Interview Question – How did you handle a difficult customer, what was the outcome.   Answer Question