PNC Financial Services Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Consultant Interview

Financial Consultant
East Brunswick, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – Group interview

Interview Question – Many ask this...give an example of a time when you went out of your way for a customer and were commended for it.   View Answer

Accel Program Interview

Accel Program
Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – Met once on campus and then invited to the superday. The night before the interviews, there was a large "networking" event with drinks and food. Everyone is very friendly and open to talking to whomever, though there are more candidates than expected. Next morning, 3 straight interviews with 3 friendly people within the company. Not very intimidating, but kind of puzzling. Got the idea that they already had which candidates they wanted in mind before the interview

Interview Question – All fairly simple   Answer Question

Financial Specialist Interview

Financial Specialist
Newark, NJ

Interview Details – Got an email to come in for an on campus interview. Walked in to a one on one interview. Interviewer was very friendly. Questions were fairly simple. Mostly fit questions. I got a call in 2 weeks saying i made it to second round interviews and it would be a super day. Everyone really loved PNC and they all loved their jobs. Simple questions still. Go around and interview with 3 different people

Interview Question – Explain a time you have to deliver bad news.   Answer Question

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Assistant Branch Manager
Stirling, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in December 2008.

Interview Details – Already employed as a teller supervisor in the branch which had the assistant branch manager open position; current branch manager at the time recommended my promotion and an interview with the regional manager followed shortly thereafter. Actual interview was very typical of banking interviews in which behavior-based questions dominated.

Interview Question – Which policy, if any, did you feel was necessary to bend or break to service a customer to his or her satisfaction?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not in a position to negotiate based on my lack of experience in management; was happy to accept a promotion with the intention of seeking a raise in a year

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process is fair. A higher level of education places a candidate at a greater chance of being considered. Prior money handling and banking experience is preferred. Was placed in a group interview first . Next, was told I would have to complete a personality assessment. Finally was given an offer and had to complete a drug test.

Interview Question – Can you elaborate on a difficult sales experience. How did you respond to it and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was. You should do your homework before you negotiate

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller
Irvington, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in December 2011.

Interview Details – I first found out that the position online. after answering a few standard questions when applying to jobs online, I finally received a call back and did a phone interview. after the next call back was called in to participate in the group interview. it's a very common practice where everybody gets interviewed as a whole to see and simulate a correction with others. after a few days I was called in to meet with my local branch manager she was very kind and introduced me to the rest of the staff. We then sit down and conducted another interview 1 on 1. a few days went by and I received a call from my original interviewer and got an offer which I accepted.

Interview Question – name a specific time when a customer was not satisfied how did you turn that into a positive situation for both parties   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – if you stand out as a candidate that deserves what you are asking and you so that you can be an asset the ball is in your court

Very Easy Interview

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller
East Orange, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online. next day I got a call that I should call them answer questions on. Prerecorded voice prompt. then I got an email that I should do an online assessment. then I got another call telling me that I passed the assessment and call the HR for an interview. She called me exactly as what time we both agreed and asked some work experiences. She said she will call me again for the next interview with the managers as she was satisfied with my answers. i waited for a week until I got an email from them that someone has filled the vacancy. I was too hopeful that I will have another interview as they promised and was too prepared for it. But I guess this was not my lucky day.

Interview Questions

Banker Interview

Banker
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2011.

Interview Details – hr phone interview 30 m - internet screen - interview with hiring manager - two level up manager interview

Interview Question – basic questions   View Answer

Pcg Rm Interview

Pcg Rm
Bergenfield, NJ

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was easy. It was a phone interview that was about 30 mins, I then had a one on one with the hiring managers. After that it took about 3 weeks to get my offer letter which was sent through an email.

Interview Question – how did you bring in new money   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Preferred Client Manager Interview

Preferred Client Manager
Eatontown, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2010.

Interview Details – I applied to this position after an employee that I used to work with recomened the position. I have been very successful at this position at another bank and thought it would be a great match. I recieved a phone call from a pnc recruiter who was reading from a script and asked me if this was a position that I would be interested in. She then proceeded to set up an in person interview.
The in person interview was with a new team leader that asked very generic questions and never looked up from the paper. She did not ask anything about my resume, experience, or anything really relevant. She stated that another team leader would interview me next week. The following week, I emailed the recruiter and asked about the next steps and was told there would be no further steps and no second interview. I don't get this bank at all. Being very successful in this role for the previous 10 years and not having a knowledgable person to interview with is awful. This bank wants to remain unsuccessful.

Interview Question – All questions were generic and related to prior customer experience and situations.   View Answer

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!