PNC Financial Services Group

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied in-person – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2014.

It was short and the interviewer asked me about my previous teller experience which i don't have so he asked me about any customer relations experience which i had and talked about but there were a lot of candidates who had direct work experience so i was not selected but i had a good experience of the interview

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle a difficult client who raises his voice   View Answer

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Brunswick, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2013.

Group interview

Interview Questions
    • Many ask this...give an example of a time when you went out of your way for a customer and were commended for it.   View Answer

Financial Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2012.

Got an email to come in for an on campus interview. Walked in to a one on one interview. Interviewer was very friendly. Questions were fairly simple. Mostly fit questions. I got a call in 2 weeks saying i made it to second round interviews and it would be a super day. Everyone really loved PNC and they all loved their jobs. Simple questions still. Go around and interview with 3 different people

Accel Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Met once on campus and then invited to the superday. The night before the interviews, there was a large "networking" event with drinks and food. Everyone is very friendly and open to talking to whomever, though there are more candidates than expected. Next morning, 3 straight interviews with 3 friendly people within the company. Not very intimidating, but kind of puzzling. Got the idea that they already had which candidates they wanted in mind before the interview

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Orange, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Orange, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2012.

I applied online. next day I got a call that I should call them answer questions on. Prerecorded voice prompt. then I got an email that I should do an online assessment. then I got another call telling me that I passed the assessment and call the HR for an interview. She called me exactly as what time we both agreed and asked some work experiences. She said she will call me again for the next interview with the managers as she was satisfied with my answers. i waited for a week until I got an email from them that someone has filled the vacancy. I was too hopeful that I will have another interview as they promised and was too prepared for it. But I guess this was not my lucky day.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvington, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvington, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in December 2011.

I first found out that the position online. after answering a few standard questions when applying to jobs online, I finally received a call back and did a phone interview. after the next call back was called in to participate in the group interview. it's a very common practice where everybody gets interviewed as a whole to see and simulate a correction with others. after a few days I was called in to meet with my local branch manager she was very kind and introduced me to the rest of the staff. We then sit down and conducted another interview 1 on 1. a few days went by and I received a call from my original interviewer and got an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • name a specific time when a customer was not satisfied how did you turn that into a positive situation for both parties   Answer Question
    if you stand out as a candidate that deserves what you are asking and you so that you can be an asset the ball is in your court

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2011.

Hiring and interview process is fair. A higher level of education places a candidate at a greater chance of being considered. Prior money handling and banking experience is preferred. Was placed in a group interview first . Next, was told I would have to complete a personality assessment. Finally was given an offer and had to complete a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Can you elaborate on a difficult sales experience. How did you respond to it and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    Yes, I was. You should do your homework before you negotiate

Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2011.

hr phone interview 30 m - internet screen - interview with hiring manager - two level up manager interview

Preferred Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eatontown, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eatontown, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2010.

I applied to this position after an employee that I used to work with recomened the position. I have been very successful at this position at another bank and thought it would be a great match. I recieved a phone call from a pnc recruiter who was reading from a script and asked me if this was a position that I would be interested in. She then proceeded to set up an in person interview.
    The in person interview was with a new team leader that asked very generic questions and never looked up from the paper. She did not ask anything about my resume, experience, or anything really relevant. She stated that another team leader would interview me next week. The following week, I emailed the recruiter and asked about the next steps and was told there would be no further steps and no second interview. I don't get this bank at all. Being very successful in this role for the previous 10 years and not having a knowledgable person to interview with is awful. This bank wants to remain unsuccessful.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were generic and related to prior customer experience and situations.   View Answer

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stirling, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stirling, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in December 2008.

Already employed as a teller supervisor in the branch which had the assistant branch manager open position; current branch manager at the time recommended my promotion and an interview with the regional manager followed shortly thereafter. Actual interview was very typical of banking interviews in which behavior-based questions dominated.

Interview Questions
    • Which policy, if any, did you feel was necessary to bend or break to service a customer to his or her satisfaction?   View Answer
    Not in a position to negotiate based on my lack of experience in management; was happy to accept a promotion with the intention of seeking a raise in a year