PNC Financial Services Group

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – First I did a phone interview with the HR.

I got a call back inviting me to a group interview. There were maybe 12 of us, plus the interviewer and an observer. In addition to introductions, we were asked four multi-part questions and each given an opportunity to answer. At this interview, we were given a questionnaire asking about our preferred work location, salary, etc.

Two weeks later I received a call for a one-on-one in person interview with a manager at a branch more than half an hour away (in spite of the fact that there are six branches which are closer). The manager was pleasant, and the interview consisted mostly of sales experience questions.

Another two weeks later I received the job offer.

Interview Question – I don't really remember. At each interview I was asked to tell about a time that I set a sales goal for myself that I exceeded. I really did not expect so many sales related questions, but once I actually started the job it became very clear. This job is almost entirely sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was offered a specific position within a specific branch at a specific salary, and I could take it or leave it.

Lincoln Park, MI

The process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2008.

Interview Details – had a phone interview and after we had a 1:1 with the regional manager. The questions were basics and basicly had to answer them and sell yourself most importantly. Tell me about yourself, how do you handle customer service obstacles or an irate customer.? Why do you think we should hire you?

Interview Questions

Part-Time Teller Interview

Circleville, OH

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2010.

Interview Details – I originally applied for the Full Time position but soon after found it was already filled. I reapplied for the Part Time (with my new phone number since I just moved) and heard nothing for weeks. This was after I went over to the branch and talked to the manager who seemed enthusiastic about my experience and encouraged me to apply. I gave him my new phone number (just in case!). Took them 3 weeks to figure out they had the wrong number for me since they were pulling my info up on an expired job listing. Had a phone interview with the recruiter that went well. She was easy to talk to and I felt good about my chances. She called me back 10 min later and set up an interview with the branch manager. The day of my interview the manager wasn't in... so I sat down with the Asst. Manager and the Head Teller. The interview was fairly easy... "Why are you interested in a teller position?" "Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer" etc. etc. We mostly went through my work experience. (You MUST have cash handling experience!!!) The Head Teller was pleased with my open availability and the idea that I would LOVE to move up in the company. She even said, "Just let me know where you'd eventually like to go." as if I already had the job. The Asst. Manager told me the interview went well and that he "would get back to me EITHER WAY at the end of the week!" I left feeling VERY optimistic and 99% I had the job. Well... After not hearing from them for 10 days I called and, ooops! an "internal candidate" stepped forward and they gave them the job. They certainly made me feel I was going to get the job and knew how interested in the position I was. Later that day I got the rejection email from the recruiter.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer where the issue was NOT resolved.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Part Time Teller Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in May 2010.

Interview Details – I received a phone interview with a recruiter that suggested I schedule a face to face interview with the branch manager of the location that I had recently applied. After that initial interview, I was then referred to speak with the teller manager within the branch. We spoke briefly in the interview, I outlined my career goals and what my plans are to achieve them. After 2 interviews, I was extended an offer of 8.70 an hour plus incentives and benefits including medical dental, and vision.

Interview Question – How well do you work under pressure?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PNC Financial Services Group

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!

PNC Financial Services Group Videos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PNC Financial Services Group Part Time Teller interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by PNC Financial Services Group employees and interview candidates.