PNC Financial Services Group Part Time Teller Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.6

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Holland, MI).

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call later that week that basically clarified my work availability. Another phone call the next week talking about work experience and basic interview a questions. Finally had an in person interview with the assistant branch manager. Then later that week with the branch manager. Got a call later that day from the recruiter with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating available. Was told my hours and pay rate.

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Part Time Teller Interview

Interview

1. Applied online to local branches.
    2. Received email to schedule a phone interview (5-10 minutes).
    3. Initial phone interview was more like a screening. On the same day received a second phone interview with situational questions (tell me about a time when...).
    After phone interview, and since things went well I was scheduled an interview with a branch manager (Sometimes a group interview happens before this step).
    4. Interview (being early is a good first step) with branch manager and teller supervisor was conversational and friendly. You are made to feel welcome and comfortable. They look for people with great communication skills who can work well and get along with the team. Taking care of customers is a big deal. Smile. Show you are committed to work, exceed expectations, and desire to grow with the company.
    5. Interview was on Friday waiting on call back on Monday. I feel confident I will get the job!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer/client.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be able to work around their schedule and pay. I'd you work hard and show your worth your supervisor and manager should take notice and cater more to your demands.

Part-time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

You're first contacted by the recruiters assistant, then you fill out more online surveys, then you interview with the actual recruiter and fill out some more online surveys. After all that you finally get to interview with an actual person. You are then scheduled to take your drug test and recieve you're first day of training dates. It was a rather lenghty process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you were under stress and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

48hrs

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Erie, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

applied online, received phone interview a day later. completed assessment, received email to schedule on-site group interview. 13 people were there for a few positions. Don't know exactly how many open positions. Interview was about 1 and half hour, another half hour for them to make decision.

Part-time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Champaign, IL).

Interview

The next day of submitting my application online, I received an email for a 10-minute phone screening. Right after that I was instructed to complete an assessment. Two days later, I had a phone interview with a recruiter. The questions were very common and basic interview questions. The recruiter was very friendly and patient, and she sent a recommandation to the branch manager for a face-to-face interview. That interview was scheduled by phone for the following day, and lasted about an hour. I heard the results of that interview within an hour from the recruiter, and was made an offer about a week later because of document preparation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation because it's an entry-level part-time position. Rate is fixed.

Part-time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2014.

Interview

Pretty standard process. I applied on line and received an email to set up a phone interview. That interview was about 10 minutes. Basically just asked what I was looking to do and how much I was looking to make and why I wanted to work for PNC. Then had to do some assessment for them. After that I got moved on to an in person interview. Mine was a group interview with 3 other people at a local branch. I was offered a position right after that interview. Had 3 days to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Past experience, why PNC, strengths & weaknesses   1 Answer

Just couldn't work out training schedule and class schedule during college.

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

First I did a phone interview with the HR.

I got a call back inviting me to a group interview. There were maybe 12 of us, plus the interviewer and an observer. In addition to introductions, we were asked four multi-part questions and each given an opportunity to answer. At this interview, we were given a questionnaire asking about our preferred work location, salary, etc.

Two weeks later I received a call for a one-on-one in person interview with a manager at a branch more than half an hour away (in spite of the fact that there are six branches which are closer). The manager was pleasant, and the interview consisted mostly of sales experience questions.

Another two weeks later I received the job offer.

Interview Questions

• I don't really remember. At each interview I was asked to tell about a time that I set a sales goal for myself that I exceeded. I really did not expect so many sales related questions, but once I actually started the job it became very clear. This job is almost entirely sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was offered a specific position within a specific branch at a specific salary, and I could take it or leave it.

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (DuBois, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied online and was called the next day for a phone screening. After the phone screening was done a phone interview was scheduled, basic questions were asked such as previous work experience and education. After phone interview a face to face was scheduled and more of the simple questions were asked along with a description of the job.

Interview Questions

• No specific question was difficult but the thoroughness of the background check questions was surprising at first. Then again it's a bank....   Answer Question

Part-time Teller Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Circleville, OH) in August 2010.

Interview

I originally applied for the Full Time position but soon after found it was already filled. I reapplied for the Part Time (with my new phone number since I just moved) and heard nothing for weeks. This was after I went over to the branch and talked to the manager who seemed enthusiastic about my experience and encouraged me to apply. I gave him my new phone number (just in case!). Took them 3 weeks to figure out they had the wrong number for me since they were pulling my info up on an expired job listing. Had a phone interview with the recruiter that went well. She was easy to talk to and I felt good about my chances. She called me back 10 min later and set up an interview with the branch manager. The day of my interview the manager wasn't in... so I sat down with the Asst. Manager and the Head Teller. The interview was fairly easy... "Why are you interested in a teller position?" "Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer" etc. etc. We mostly went through my work experience. (You MUST have cash handling experience!!!) The Head Teller was pleased with my open availability and the idea that I would LOVE to move up in the company. She even said, "Just let me know where you'd eventually like to go." as if I already had the job. The Asst. Manager told me the interview went well and that he "would get back to me EITHER WAY at the end of the week!" I left feeling VERY optimistic and 99% I had the job. Well... After not hearing from them for 10 days I called and, ooops! an "internal candidate" stepped forward and they gave them the job. They certainly made me feel I was going to get the job and knew how interested in the position I was. Later that day I got the rejection email from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer where the issue was NOT resolved.   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Lincoln Park, MI) in August 2008.

Interview

had a phone interview and after we had a 1:1 with the regional manager. The questions were basics and basicly had to answer them and sell yourself most importantly. Tell me about yourself, how do you handle customer service obstacles or an irate customer.? Why do you think we should hire you?

Interview Questions

• What is your strength and weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • Why should we chose you?   1 Answer