PNC Financial Services Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller Supervisor Interview

Teller Supervisor
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in December 2013.

Interview Details – Completed the online application after finding the job on Indeed.com, had me create a profile for the careers website (just basic info) then started the app. All disclosure, pretty normal any criminal record stuff, then just mainly address and more basic info. Then after I got the call back there was a test for Personality and Ethics and a phone interview. The phone interview was mainly about previous work history, why I chose PNC and how will I fill in the role. After that got the interview with my Branch Manager, and Assistant Branch Manager. Pretty easy as new jobs go, I suppose, great company. Training is best in class as far as i'm concerned, no expenses lost in the commitment they show new employees.

Interview Question – None, pretty standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't accept the first offer, and a day later she came back more reasonable number and I accepted. PNC is a conservative bank, thats good and bad but if you show your abilities and put in the work they reward you.

Capital Markets Summer Internship Interview

Capital Markets Summer Internship
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in December 2013.

Interview Details – There was a networking event the night before super day, which was pretty relaxed. You basically walk around and schmooze with analysts, associates, MD's, or VP's in your track (capital markets for me). The next day you have breakfast and are assigned a mentor (usually an analyst or associate) and they make sure you get to each interview on time and answer any questions. All travel, food, and costs were covered by PNC afterwards.

Interview Question – You have two jugs; a 3 gallon and 5 gallon jug. How can you fill them up or empty them out to reach four gallons?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

FSC Interview

FSC
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied as a teller part-time and was offered a full time position after 3 interviews two of them being group interviews.

Interview Question – extremely basic questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a salary below 23000 and negotiated to 25000

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Teller Interview

Teller
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2012.

Interview Details – The phone interview ran for about 10-15 minutes. We reviewed the job description and then compared it with my resume. My Interview process is tomorrow at 6pm. It is a group interview.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was when they asked for my hardest decision with my last job.   View Answer

Full Time Teller Interview

Full Time Teller
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2012.

Interview Details – got an call from recruiter, after a phone interview, followed by a face to face interview with branch manager, then received another call to negotiate compensation. The whole procedure was slow, took about a month, but everyone involved were very nice. You will need to get drug test before on board.

Interview Question – More about your personality, no very difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate a little bit, but no much room for that because this is the bottom position in the bank.

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interviewer was friendly and asked most of behavioral questions during the 30-minute interview. I did not have trouble with answering these typical questions which include "tell me about yourself, your strengths, your weakness". She also told me about her own experience in the Management Trainee, so I had a better idea of what I got myself into. Overall, it was a good experience for me to hone my interview skills.

Interview Question – Do you have any difficulty to build relationship with people? How do you do it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in May 2013.

Interview Details – Waiting to be contacted for an interview is a long process, usually don't get one for a week to 3 weeks after applying. I typically had 2 interviews for positions, focused greatly on customer service and being team oriented. Secondly sales is a huge driving force for the bank. The interviews would last around a half hour to 45 minutes and you would receive a follow up call fairly fast if selected.

Interview Question – Can you explain the human sigma 6 plan or the Ford model   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The pay wasn't reasonable for my experience and skill set with the company.

Trust Advisor Interview

Trust Advisor
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume to the recruiter via LinkedIn, and was contacted almost instantly. Setup "first interview" for the next day. Very basic "walk me through your resume" type questions and salary requirements about 10 mins total. Was then referred to the recruiter who actually works with the Wealth group. This was a little longer about 40 mins total more in depth questions about my current role and sales experience. Wanted to know specific stories of new business I won etc... Seemed to go very well, I was to hear from the team director within a week but never heard another word. I thought that was tacky and unprofessional, but hey such is life...

Interview Question – N/A, straight forward no curveballs.   Answer Question

Senior Paralegal Interview

Senior Paralegal
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a PNC recruiter via LinkedIn in early November for a Senior Paralegal position within their multifamily real estate dept. Had a phone interview with her. Some time in December, I had another phone interview with another PNC recruiter that had the specifics of the position. I finally landed an in-person interview at the end of December with the Hiring Manager and one of the attorneys that I'd be working with. The interview took place in Philadelphia on Market Street. The building was amazing. They sent an admin asst down to the lobby to retrieve me. We took the elevator to, I think, the 28th floor. The attorney was located in Texas so he had to call into the interview. Typical interview, where they asked about my experience. The interview lasted about 35 minutes. No tricky questions or anything. I sent thank you emails to both interviewers. Called the recruiter a few days later to follow up and he had no update for me. Once a week in the month of February I called to follow up and by the end of February, the recruiter tells me the Hiring Manager really would like to hire me but the attorney wanted someone with more of the government loans/multifamily transaction experience. The following week, they reposted the ad for the job.

Interview Question – I was surprised that the first thing they asked me about was how the local college men's basketball team did. Luckily for me, I saw the scores that morning on the news because I don't follow sports at all!   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2013.

Interview Details – This position included a 3 month paid training on Cobol programming. It is the main technology tool that this position they will be using. They understand that cobol is old and no school teaches this anymore.
It was a 3 step interview. The first was a phone screening with the HR recruiter that reads you a set of questions from a list. The question revolves around you and your involvement in technology. HR is writing your answers down to pass on to the hiring manager. Questions like, "Why do you want to work at PNC and What does it take to be an engineer?"
The second part is another phone interview. This time it is with the hiring manager or director. The manager will tell you about herself and what her department and team does. Then it will be your turn to talk about yourself and the decisions you chose in life. The basic of the phone conversation is to gauge how you interact and socialize. As well as your background.
The Third interview is in person with multiple people at PNC campus in Philadelphia. you will be interview by the technology directer, technology manager, business tech manager, and lead software engineer. You will meet the HR recruiter and the COBOL trainer. Each person is roughly 30 minutes long interview with 10 minute break in between. They will ask you a series of Fit, HR, background, thought process, interaction, scenarios, and institutional questions. Nothing too technical, as they understand that some people do not have a technology background. They are looking for someone that will stay with them for a long period of time because they are investing in you with the training program.

Interview Question – All their questions were easy and straight forward to me. So I will list the questions they asked me, that I can remember.
Why do you want to work for PNC?
How do you prioritize tasks?
Are you detail oriented?
Are a logical person?
Why did you choose your major?
What interests you (major)?
Tell me about yourself?
How do you solve problems?
Tell me about your organizational skills.
  View Answer

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!