PNC Financial Services Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – you interview in a group with roughly 3-4 people and everyone goes around giving an answer. Not as intimidating as it sounds. You answer 5 basic interview questions and they get back to you by email with a decision.

Interview Question – basic interview questions   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – The time it takes, and the number of applicants selected to go on to the next step varies, but there are some patterns. It took 2 weeks to call me back after applying online, the first interview was over the phone. Next was with team leaders, final was with manager and two upper managers. The process was over 90 days.

Interview Question – Waiting time   Answer Question

Digital Experience Developer Interview

Digital Experience Developer
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a year or more - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2014.

Interview Details – PNC contacts me every few months about positions available. The first few times they stated they would setup an in person interview and I never heard back. Finally, I wast contacted again and the initial reviewer only wanted to talk about the benefits of my current employer and how to qualify a salary range without even getting to the interview. I had a couple phone interviews and then received an in person interview. At the end of the interview I was told I would get a test for writing a small web app. I had not heard from anyone for approximately a week, then I received a rejection e-mail. The HR representative could not give me a straight answer what happened that we went from "we'll give you a test" to "sorry, you are not qualified."

I had actually attended a PNC networking event where one executive claimed he put in 300 resumes before he was considered at PNC - 300?

I had remained in contact with the recruiter and stated that perhaps my skills weren't as advanced as what they were seeking but would probably fit in as a Product Designer or Manager for their CMS systems. I currently do a little of both. A response that said she will look into it. I have had no contact back.

To put this into context, I have had companies like Amazon contact me, yet I am not qualified for PNC?

The constant calling for a position and then dead ends lead me to believe one of two things about PNC, they either do not have a quality recruiting structure or they are just qualifying a position to insource or give to a cheap novice that eventually does not work out for them.

Let's see how many times they contact me in the next 6 months for the next round of phantom positions.

Interview Question – The questions were basic Javascript coding questions for the Adobe CMS.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – Went through school career center, the first interview at school after a brief social the night before. It wasn't too difficult to get Invited to superday. Superday was in Pittsburgh and went through various interviews with different groups within the bank.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied for position online and through an employee referral. Heard from HR within a few days and had a "get to know me" session with one of the managers of the hiring manager. Invited back one week later for a more in-depth interview with several people. Entire process from start to finish took about four weeks.

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager III Interview

Project Manager III
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied for the job and a week later heard from the HR Recruiter. She asked basic questions about my project management experience, specifically asking if I had ever managed a project End-to-end and what my experience was in Estimating and budgeting projects. I was then brought in for a day of 4 30 Minute interviews. 1 with the hiring manager, 1 with a Senior Manager within the same department, and 2 interviews with Project Managers on the PMO team. Interview questions were pretty basic behavioral questions relating to my experience in Project management and Process improvement efforts. Here's a sampling of the questions asked between the four interviews:
- Tell me about a time you had to come up with a creative solution?
- What's the project you are most proud of?
- Tell me three things that are important to you about where you work
- How do you manage organizational change?
- What did you chose to attend the undergraduate college you went to?
- Tell me about process improvement projects you have worked on and what tools you used?
- What training have you had in Lean Management and Project Management?
- Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult sponsor or client?
- How did you manage risk in your other projects?
- What is your management style?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to come up with a creative solution?   View Answer

Continuous Improvement Process Engineer Interview

Continuous Improvement Process Engineer
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was first contacted via email by a recruiter to gauge my interest. As we progressed to the screening call I found her to be very east to work with and she was always responsive to my questions.

A phone interview with the department head followed and then a panel interview. The panel interview consisted of 5 people in the room and another 3 on the conference call. They did a good job of making the situation as stress free as possible.

Unfortunately, the original recruiter went on long term leave on the day after my panel interview. The recruiter that replaced her made no effort to let me know of next steps or if I didn't get the job. To this day I have never heard back from anyone at PNC in any format.

Overall, it was a good experience except for the lack of communication after the interview.

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you had to navigate a difficult political landscape.   View Answer

User Experience Designer Interview

User Experience Designer
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – Had a basic interview with people from UX, showed portfolio and had to talk about my process. They were curious about the UX methods used, whether it was individual or a group project, and the time frame the project had taken place. They also wanted to hear more about my research and questions I had for them.

Interview Question – What is it about a bank I would want to work at.   Answer Question

Finance Internship Interview

Finance Internship
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in December 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted online application. Got a call from HR to answer a couple brief questions and schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was very basic, standard get-to-know questions. Invited back for super day which consisted of 3 short interviews. Each interview was with two managers. Questions were all pretty basic and pretty much just walked through the resume. Was asked a couple times what questions I had, but nothing too serious.

Interview Question – One interviewer asked some probing questions about an internship experience but that was it. Be able to talk about anything on the resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Quality Control Accountant Interview

Quality Control Accountant
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted an application online and then met a recruiter at a a job fair. After about a week, they called me and asked if I would be interested in interviewing and then sent an e-mail to confirm date and time of face to face interview. There was only one interview in the process and it lasted about an hour.

Interview Question – They were all pretty much standard behavioral interview questions. What are your best qualities? What are your worst? When it was my turn to ask questions manager did not know a single answer. I asked things like what is their timeline for hiring someone?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was not negotiable.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!