PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions in Pittsburgh, PA

Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

I was contacted for a brief phone interview from the HR person. She asked me about three behavioral questions before inviting me to a super day event happening in Pittsburgh. The super day was a two day process happening at the Westin Hotel. The first night was an informal marketing night. You had the opportunity to talk to executives and ask how they like PNC. The next day was a formal interview. It was three, twenty five minute interviews. These interviews were extremely relaxed. They were formatted like a conversation, each interviewer asked three questions each.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

First, I applied through my university and received an on campus interview. Four day later, I was informed that I was invited to super day in roughly three weeks. Super day was crowded, but run very well. I had four interviews for the Capital Markets Track. The interviews were mostly behavioral, but I there was one technical, one brain teaser, and a few questions about my opinions on the markets and current finance events.

Interview Questions
    • How does net income show up in all three financial statements?   Answer Question

Retail Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

consisted mainly of behavioral questions. they fly everyone they are going to interview into Pittsburgh for the day and each person interviews with 2 different people. overall it was one of the better interviews I have participated in. about a week after the interview I got a call and an offer.

Interview Questions
    • if your friends were to describe you what would they say?   Answer Question

Institutional Asset Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2015.

Phone interview for 30 minutes. It was a decent interview. Interviewer engaged in small talk for 5 minutes before getting to technical questions. Then super day in Pittsburgh with more of the same.

Interview Questions
    • Pitch a stock, What would be the effects if the Fed increased rates?, How is the market doing? How would you break apart a portfolio?   View Answer

Quantitative Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2015.

A short, easy phone interview with the hiring manager. Then the onsite interview with 5 managers/employees. Lots of brain teasers, statistical/mathematical questions. Probability, time series modeling, linear regression, etc. People are nice but the questions are difficult.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2015.

Two phone interviews. They do not try reaching you via email even if they cannot reach you via phone. Lots of technical questions, did not get any behavioral questions. Described my research, and got some very technical questions about it. After that there was about 10-12minutes of questions part that I was supposed to answer all sorts of questions. For an internship interview it was very intense one.

Interview Questions
    • which clustering method would you use to group the data?   Answer Question

Full Time Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2015.

Honestly, the interview process is very long. It took about 2 months total from applying to receiving the job offer. I originally applied for a Part time teller position. First, about a week after I applied, I was sent an email to set up a phone interview. The interview took about 10 minutes and the lady was very nice. It was basically a prescreening call and she asked general questions revolving around the pay scale and my sales experience. She then emailed me two assessments and I did those. About 3 week later, the local recruiter for a group interview contacted me. There were 3 other girls who where there with me. The interviewers consisted of the recruiter, her assistant, and one of the branch managers. I had a second interview with the branch manager and they said they would contact me with their decision. About a week later, my recruiter contacted me and she offered me a Full time teller position that was closer to home than the part time teller position. I interviewed with that branch manager on a Monday and the following day I was offered the Full time position.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond with customer service.   Answer Question
    • Why would you be a great addition to our PNC team?   Answer Question

Financial Management Rotation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

The first interview was the most difficult for me. He asked probably 3 technical questions, the rest were behavioral. About two or three weeks later, I was offered a super day interview where I was interviewed by three professionals. It was a pretty structured behavioral interview. I was free to talk about myself AFTER they asked their list of questions. Mainly behavioral with one or two simple technical questions (Describe the three financial statements)

Interview Questions
    • What did you find surprising during your research of our company financials? Where could PNC improve?   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2014.

PNC called me in for their SuperDay for Technology. Had a networking reception the night before to meet interviewers. Really great environment and nice people. You have two interviews by two different people. They ask the same questions and all questions given were Behavioral. Just be a good person that looks a great employee to work beside.

Other offers

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2014.

I applied through my university's job portal and received an email asking if I was interested in a phone interview. I scheduled the phone interview the following week. Following the phone interview I received a call by a recruiter inviting me to a superday in Pittsburgh. The superday consisted of three 30 minute interviews throughout the day with various groups within the risk department. The day began promptly at 8am, and interviews for all 30-40 candidates were completely wrapped up by 2pm. Breakfast and lunch was provided, as well as a hotel room and a rental car through reimbursement.