PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions in Pittsburgh, PA

2.7

104 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2014.

I submitted an application and didn't hear back for a long time- at least a month. The recruiter then messaged me saying that my info had slipped past, so I'm not sure if that is a common experience. Anyway, I had a very basic phone interview, and was invited to apply for a different position. About 2 weeks later I went to an in-person group interview at one of their Customer Care Centers. It seemed like the candidates were extremely varied for the position. I sat next to a lady who had 30 years of experience and someone fresh out of high school. Be prepared to talk about yourself, a little about your background and why you are interested in PNC in front of all the other candidates as well as various managers. We were then split up into groups of 4 and interviewed simultaneously with two members of the staff. Everyone in the group answers the same questions, so it may be helpful to assert yourself and answer the questions first or second if you already have an appropriate answer prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Many of the questions were typical interview fare, although some seemed negative-multiple questions about mistakes you've made in the past, stuff like that. I think the point is that they want you to show how you learned or grew as an employee and how you resolved the issue   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

The time it takes, and the number of applicants selected to go on to the next step varies, but there are some patterns. It took 2 weeks to call me back after applying online, the first interview was over the phone. Next was with team leaders, final was with manager and two upper managers. The process was over 90 days.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2014.

you interview in a group with roughly 3-4 people and everyone goes around giving an answer. Not as intimidating as it sounds. You answer 5 basic interview questions and they get back to you by email with a decision.

Digital Experience Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a year or moreinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2014.

PNC contacts me every few months about positions available. The first few times they stated they would setup an in person interview and I never heard back. Finally, I wast contacted again and the initial reviewer only wanted to talk about the benefits of my current employer and how to qualify a salary range without even getting to the interview. I had a couple phone interviews and then received an in person interview. At the end of the interview I was told I would get a test for writing a small web app. I had not heard from anyone for approximately a week, then I received a rejection e-mail. The HR representative could not give me a straight answer what happened that we went from "we'll give you a test" to "sorry, you are not qualified."

I had actually attended a PNC networking event where one executive claimed he put in 300 resumes before he was considered at PNC - 300?

I had remained in contact with the recruiter and stated that perhaps my skills weren't as advanced as what they were seeking but would probably fit in as a Product Designer or Manager for their CMS systems. I currently do a little of both. A response that said she will look into it. I have had no contact back.

To put this into context, I have had companies like Amazon contact me, yet I am not qualified for PNC?

The constant calling for a position and then dead ends lead me to believe one of two things about PNC, they either do not have a quality recruiting structure or they are just qualifying a position to insource or give to a cheap novice that eventually does not work out for them.

Let's see how many times they contact me in the next 6 months for the next round of phantom positions.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were basic Javascript coding questions for the Adobe CMS.   Answer Question

Project Manager III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2014.

Applied for the job and a week later heard from the HR Recruiter. She asked basic questions about my project management experience, specifically asking if I had ever managed a project End-to-end and what my experience was in Estimating and budgeting projects. I was then brought in for a day of 4 30 Minute interviews. 1 with the hiring manager, 1 with a Senior Manager within the same department, and 2 interviews with Project Managers on the PMO team. Interview questions were pretty basic behavioral questions relating to my experience in Project management and Process improvement efforts. Here's a sampling of the questions asked between the four interviews:
    - Tell me about a time you had to come up with a creative solution?
    - What's the project you are most proud of?
    - Tell me three things that are important to you about where you work
    - How do you manage organizational change?
    - What did you chose to attend the undergraduate college you went to?
    - Tell me about process improvement projects you have worked on and what tools you used?
    - What training have you had in Lean Management and Project Management?
    - Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult sponsor or client?
    - How did you manage risk in your other projects?
    - What is your management style?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to come up with a creative solution?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Interviewed on campus for the first round, took about 30 minutes total. I heard back about a week later. Most of the questions were behavioral, although I got a couple technical questions in the first round as well. This interview was for the Capital Markets internship. I was a sophomore as well.

Interview Questions
    • Explain bonds and yields and how the price of a bond fluctuates in relationship to interest rates.   View Answer

Finance & Accounting Summer Internship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

I had an introductory phone interview where we just went over the position and a little bit about myself. Then another phone interview where she asked me more questions like Why PNC? or What makes me stand out as a sophomore against all juniors? Then their Super Day in Pittsburgh which is at a hotel with 3 rounds of interviews all in the morning. (Since I was a sophomore trying to get a junior position, it was a huge uphill battle)

Interview Questions
    • Where do you read your financial news? What story have you seen recently?
      What is the most important financial statements when planning on investing in a company?
        Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2014.

Applied for position online and through an employee referral. Heard from HR within a few days and had a "get to know me" session with one of the managers of the hiring manager. Invited back one week later for a more in-depth interview with several people. Entire process from start to finish took about four weeks.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2014.

Had a basic interview with people from UX, showed portfolio and had to talk about my process. They were curious about the UX methods used, whether it was individual or a group project, and the time frame the project had taken place. They also wanted to hear more about my research and questions I had for them.

Continuous Improvement Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2014.

I was first contacted via email by a recruiter to gauge my interest. As we progressed to the screening call I found her to be very east to work with and she was always responsive to my questions.

A phone interview with the department head followed and then a panel interview. The panel interview consisted of 5 people in the room and another 3 on the conference call. They did a good job of making the situation as stress free as possible.

Unfortunately, the original recruiter went on long term leave on the day after my panel interview. The recruiter that replaced her made no effort to let me know of next steps or if I didn't get the job. To this day I have never heard back from anyone at PNC in any format.

Overall, it was a good experience except for the lack of communication after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you had to navigate a difficult political landscape.   View Answer