PNC Financial Services Group

Updated Mar 2, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

First, I applied through my university and received an on campus interview. Four day later, I was informed that I was invited to super day in roughly three weeks. Super day was crowded, but run very well. I had four interviews for the Capital Markets Track. The interviews were mostly behavioral, but I there was one technical, one brain teaser, and a few questions about my opinions on the markets and current finance events.

Interview Questions
    • How does net income show up in all three financial statements?   Answer Question

Retail Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

consisted mainly of behavioral questions. they fly everyone they are going to interview into Pittsburgh for the day and each person interviews with 2 different people. overall it was one of the better interviews I have participated in. about a week after the interview I got a call and an offer.

Interview Questions
    • if your friends were to describe you what would they say?   Answer Question

Quantitative Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2015.

A short, easy phone interview with the hiring manager. Then the onsite interview with 5 managers/employees. Lots of brain teasers, statistical/mathematical questions. Probability, time series modeling, linear regression, etc. People are nice but the questions are difficult.

Institutional Asset Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2015.

Phone interview for 30 minutes. It was a decent interview. Interviewer engaged in small talk for 5 minutes before getting to technical questions. Then super day in Pittsburgh with more of the same.

Interview Questions
    • Pitch a stock, What would be the effects if the Fed increased rates?, How is the market doing? How would you break apart a portfolio?   View Answer

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2015.

Two phone interviews. They do not try reaching you via email even if they cannot reach you via phone. Lots of technical questions, did not get any behavioral questions. Described my research, and got some very technical questions about it. After that there was about 10-12minutes of questions part that I was supposed to answer all sorts of questions. For an internship interview it was very intense one.

Interview Questions
    • which clustering method would you use to group the data?   Answer Question

Full Time Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2015.

Honestly, the interview process is very long. It took about 2 months total from applying to receiving the job offer. I originally applied for a Part time teller position. First, about a week after I applied, I was sent an email to set up a phone interview. The interview took about 10 minutes and the lady was very nice. It was basically a prescreening call and she asked general questions revolving around the pay scale and my sales experience. She then emailed me two assessments and I did those. About 3 week later, the local recruiter for a group interview contacted me. There were 3 other girls who where there with me. The interviewers consisted of the recruiter, her assistant, and one of the branch managers. I had a second interview with the branch manager and they said they would contact me with their decision. About a week later, my recruiter contacted me and she offered me a Full time teller position that was closer to home than the part time teller position. I interviewed with that branch manager on a Monday and the following day I was offered the Full time position.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond with customer service.   Answer Question
    • Why would you be a great addition to our PNC team?   Answer Question

Financial Management Rotation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

The first interview was the most difficult for me. He asked probably 3 technical questions, the rest were behavioral. About two or three weeks later, I was offered a super day interview where I was interviewed by three professionals. It was a pretty structured behavioral interview. I was free to talk about myself AFTER they asked their list of questions. Mainly behavioral with one or two simple technical questions (Describe the three financial statements)

Interview Questions
    • What did you find surprising during your research of our company financials? Where could PNC improve?   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2014.

PNC called me in for their SuperDay for Technology. Had a networking reception the night before to meet interviewers. Really great environment and nice people. You have two interviews by two different people. They ask the same questions and all questions given were Behavioral. Just be a good person that looks a great employee to work beside.

Other offers

Customer Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2014.

I submitted an application and didn't hear back for a long time- at least a month. The recruiter then messaged me saying that my info had slipped past, so I'm not sure if that is a common experience. Anyway, I had a very basic phone interview, and was invited to apply for a different position. About 2 weeks later I went to an in-person group interview at one of their Customer Care Centers. It seemed like the candidates were extremely varied for the position. I sat next to a lady who had 30 years of experience and someone fresh out of high school. Be prepared to talk about yourself, a little about your background and why you are interested in PNC in front of all the other candidates as well as various managers. We were then split up into groups of 4 and interviewed simultaneously with two members of the staff. Everyone in the group answers the same questions, so it may be helpful to assert yourself and answer the questions first or second if you already have an appropriate answer prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Many of the questions were typical interview fare, although some seemed negative-multiple questions about mistakes you've made in the past, stuff like that. I think the point is that they want you to show how you learned or grew as an employee and how you resolved the issue   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

The time it takes, and the number of applicants selected to go on to the next step varies, but there are some patterns. It took 2 weeks to call me back after applying online, the first interview was over the phone. Next was with team leaders, final was with manager and two upper managers. The process was over 90 days.