PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions in Pittsburgh, PA

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.7

Financial Management Rotation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The first interview was the most difficult for me. He asked probably 3 technical questions, the rest were behavioral. About two or three weeks later, I was offered a super day interview where I was interviewed by three professionals. It was a pretty structured behavioral interview. I was free to talk about myself AFTER they asked their list of questions. Mainly behavioral with one or two simple technical questions (Describe the three financial statements)

Interview Questions

• What did you find surprising during your research of our company financials? Where could PNC improve?   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online to PNC's career page in September. Received an e-mail for a phone interview late September. Basic questions... tell me about yourself ect... Invited to super days--- participated in 3 interviews back to back. Super days was in the Double Tree in Pittsburgh, and PNC paid for one overnight stay since the interviews were scheduled from 9am-3pm. PNC even went as far to fly candidates in.

Interview Questions

• Know basic banking concepts and interest rate fluctuation   Answer Question
    • Read up on current international events   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the midterm election results?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about PNC, and why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have with modeling, coding, or financial forecasting?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview first, I then went to a group interview. The interview was with about 4 other people. When we were talking it felt like we were just simply having a group discussion. You have to dress business professional. The people are very great and nice

Interview Questions

• Give an example of : that's the questions they asked   1 Answer

Accounting and Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interviewer started difficult in-depth questions regarding the company (about its corporate structure, etc.). The interviewer then asked a lot of behavioral questions. We also discussed what courses I had completed and am currently taking.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to manage a conflict between team members.   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through my university's job portal and received an email asking if I was interested in a phone interview. I scheduled the phone interview the following week. Following the phone interview I received a call by a recruiter inviting me to a superday in Pittsburgh. The superday consisted of three 30 minute interviews throughout the day with various groups within the risk department. The day began promptly at 8am, and interviews for all 30-40 candidates were completely wrapped up by 2pm. Breakfast and lunch was provided, as well as a hotel room and a rental car through reimbursement.

Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

PNC called me in for their SuperDay for Technology. Had a networking reception the night before to meet interviewers. Really great environment and nice people. You have two interviews by two different people. They ask the same questions and all questions given were Behavioral. Just be a good person that looks a great employee to work beside.

Other offers

Customer Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

I submitted an application and didn't hear back for a long time- at least a month. The recruiter then messaged me saying that my info had slipped past, so I'm not sure if that is a common experience. Anyway, I had a very basic phone interview, and was invited to apply for a different position. About 2 weeks later I went to an in-person group interview at one of their Customer Care Centers. It seemed like the candidates were extremely varied for the position. I sat next to a lady who had 30 years of experience and someone fresh out of high school. Be prepared to talk about yourself, a little about your background and why you are interested in PNC in front of all the other candidates as well as various managers. We were then split up into groups of 4 and interviewed simultaneously with two members of the staff. Everyone in the group answers the same questions, so it may be helpful to assert yourself and answer the questions first or second if you already have an appropriate answer prepared.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions were typical interview fare, although some seemed negative-multiple questions about mistakes you've made in the past, stuff like that. I think the point is that they want you to show how you learned or grew as an employee and how you resolved the issue   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was laid back, however manager was well prepared with questions. The process was pretty seamless and did not take as long as other company's. overall a positive situation.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle dealing with a vendor that disappears for months at a time?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The time it takes, and the number of applicants selected to go on to the next step varies, but there are some patterns. It took 2 weeks to call me back after applying online, the first interview was over the phone. Next was with team leaders, final was with manager and two upper managers. The process was over 90 days.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

you interview in a group with roughly 3-4 people and everyone goes around giving an answer. Not as intimidating as it sounds. You answer 5 basic interview questions and they get back to you by email with a decision.