PNC Financial Services Group

2.7

110 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2013.

Applied online and went to my university's job fair to talk to PNC about their technology intern position, handed them my resume. A couple of days after the job fair I got an email stating that they'd like to do an on campus interview. This interview was just a basic screening process; they asked questions about my resume and about why I'd like to work at PNC. About a week after that interview I got a call inviting me to the PNC super day. This was a two day event consisting of a networking event and three interviews. The networking event was with PNC technical managers and executives, and if you're lucky you get to meet the people that will interview you the next day. The next day was the three interviews, each about 30 minutes long and back to back. Each interview was with a manager from a different department. They have a basic behavioral interview script that they are supposed to stick to, but my interviewers only asked a couple of behavioral questions and then just had a conversation with me. It was a little nerve wracking because of the amount of people at the super day, but if you're confident in your abilities, you'll do well. The interviews were really basic and they just want to make sure that you're a good fit at PNC.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a group project where one team member wasn't pulling their weight? How did you handle this situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Part Time Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2013.

Completed online application. One week later, received a phone call from their "Talent Acquisition" - interviewed on phone and then advised to look for an email for a link to assessment. After assessment, received an email for a group interview about 2 weeks later. Group Interview included an HR person and 4 branch/assistant branch managers.
    Initially was tense about the prospects of group interview - but HR person and managers were friendly - explained that the group interview was a time saver for them and actually speeds up the process of selecting a candidate - makes it possible for them to notify us sooner if we are being hired. That explanation seemed to relax everyone and the 90 minutes that followed went quickly. HR person was excellent - very friendly/warm - thoroughly explained career paths within PNC and the few restrictions that apply if you accept a position ( remaining in position for one year before bidding out for something else).

Interview Questions
    • 5 Questions were asked -
      1. Tell us about yourself, what you know about PNC and why you want to work for PNC.
      2. What are your likes/dislikes with your current or last job? What are your skills and strengths in this job?
      3. Tell us about an experience where you went the extra mile for customer service? What was the outcome? How did it impact you, how did it impact the customer?
      4. Describe a sales accomplishment that was a significant challenge. What did you learn about yourself from this sale?
      5. How does PNC align with your career goals?

Answer Question

Salary was low $8.65 to $9.35 per hour.
    Had experience - wanted around $10 per hour.

Training Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

I went through 7 interviews before an offer was made. I then had to be finger printed and drug tested before I could start. When I started, a colleague told me he was trying to tell me not to take the position, in a round about way. He was right, terrible experience. Stay away from working in the HR department.

Interview Questions
    • None, they were all pretty easy, just a lot of nonsense.   Answer Question
    They made an offer, I tried to negotiate a little higher salary, an extra 5k. They weren't budging, it was take it or leave it.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Phone interview followed by invitation for face to face

Interview Questions
    • None really. If you are experienced then they should not be difficult. Mostly behavioral questions though.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2013.

Initially I was contacted by a PNC recruiter regarding my resume they found on one of the career sites. After going through an initial conversation with the recruiter I was schedule for an phone interview with the team lead. In this interview we went over my technical background and experiences as well as what the position entailed. The next step was a phone interview with the teams manager where we discussed more of my background/experience and what would be expected if I was offered the position. Finally I had one final interview with the managers boss. This was an overview of the division and what the goals of the next few years are, and what the position would be supporting. All of the interviews were by phone due to me being in a different state. The entire process took about 3 weeks, with approximately 1 week between each phone interview. The recruiters I worked with were amazing, they kept me informed over each step what to expect and the approximate time frame between steps.

Risk Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

First round was a phone interview consisting of only behavioral questions. A week after having the phone interview, I was invited to a Super Day in downtown Pittsburgh that started at 7AM and consisted of meeting other potential hires and speaking with current PNC risk employees.

Interview Questions
    Wasn't really able to negotiation, since this was an internship position

Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2013.

I had an on campus interview that I scheduled through a career day at school. Afterwards I was called to participate in Super Day, which involved a networking reception, an overnight stay in Pittsburgh, and then three interviews the following morning. The questions asked were all very straight forward and the interviewers were professional and friendly. I had the opportunity to meet with all of my interviewers the previous evening at the networking event, which helped the interview go incredibly smooth.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were part of a group and things didn't go to plan. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2013.

The first interview was standard 2 on 1. They asked basics about financial statements and got a general feel for what part of the bank you are interested in. PNC interviews in a weird way. Rather than breaking interviews down by position, they bunch together many different departments. You could be interviewing with someone in real estate, loan syndications, securitizations (IB), etc. I suppose they want prospective interns to get a feel for every part of the bank.

On the super day they bump this up a level. They put you up in a swanky hotel in Pittsburgh (Omni) for a meet and greet with employees from every segment of the bank and hold interviews the next day. It's structure so you'll have 3 or 4 rounds of 2 on 1 thirty minute interviews with associates and directors from a variety of departments. In between interviews you have anywhere from fifteen minutes to an hour to socialize with the other interviewees and PNC analysts who are there to keep you company and give you further insight into the positions in a less formal setting.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your understanding of the 2007-08 financial crisis. What were the key factors at play and what do you think could have been done to avoid it?   View Answer

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2013.

Applied online through a campus recruiting website. They got back to me with a phone interview. The interview was basic resume disecting. They just asked me to talk about myself and let them know why PNC and why the position I am applying for. It wasn't too bad pretty straight forward, but they have not gotten back to me.

Capital Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2013.

1) Came to campus to conduct interviews
    2) Heard back about super day within 24 hours
    3) Three tracks - Corporate and Institutional Banking, Treasury Management and Capital Markets
    4) Main offices - Pittsburgh (HQ), Philly, NYC (in decreasing size order)
    5) Being yourself is the best thing you can do to get the offier

Interview Questions
    • How does net income affect the three financial statements?   View Answer