PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com

PNC Financial Services Group Retail Banking Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through my school and connected with a recruiter at our annual career conference. I My first interview was about 45 minutes and it was pretty standard - a couple behavioral questions and questions about my resume. The interviewer chatted with me more than anything and let me ask about five questions. Then they had a "Super Day" where many potential interns interviewed. I went through two interview rooms, both of them had two interviewers. One of the rooms was intense and did not smile and then the other room was really friendly and easy to talk to. Seemed like they did it on purpose to see how I act with them. After those interview I received a phone call about 2 weeks later telling me I had an internship offer.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to resolve a conflict with a teammate or co-worker.   Answer Question

Retail Banking Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – Initially interviewed for Corporate Banking Internship and was referred to retail banking. Had a great experience at super day and only had 2 short 15 minute interviews. Took a couple months to hear back

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to explain something difficult to someone.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then flown out to super day. Great process, PNC really treats you like royalty at super day.
Always have a smile on your face, firm hand shake and ASK at least 5 questions. Make sure the interview is more of a conversation. Be down to earth and show them why you belong at the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they tell you were they would like to put you and give you 3 weeks to make a decision.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!