PNC Financial Services Group Software Engineer I Interview Questions & Reviews

2 interviews

1.0

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer I Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2014.

Only made it to the phone interview. The recruiter basically wanted me to go through my resume and explain everything I have done. She also briefly discussed some of the details about the job. She told me she would forward everything to the hiring manager. A week later I received a rejection email. My first official rejection.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Software Engineer I Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2013.

Initially applied online with resume and cover letter.
    I was contacted by my own personal HR representative within a week of applying.
    She conducted a "First Interview" over the phone which was non-technical just to be sure I was interested.
    She set a follow up interview with the hiring manager, who ended up being my actual manager once I got the position.
    The second interview was over the phone as well. It was a little more about my programming background.
    He asked what I had done, what my greatest programming success was, and an example of teamwork.
    In the end, It ended up being a very personal conversation about both of our interests, work-life balance, and career ambitions.
    He let me know that HR would follow up within 2 weeks.
    HR called the next day and offered me the job. I did not attempt to negotiate salary as I got what I asked for.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate as they offered me exactly what I asked for.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!