PNC Financial Services Group Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.4

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Applied through school's career website. First round interview was entirely behavioral. It was very much a conversation rather than an interrogation. Interviewer explained that it is too difficult for them to give an internship to a sophomore because they try to turn their interns into full time employees. No technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview on campus

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

Went through school career center, the first interview at school after a brief social the night before. It wasn't too difficult to get Invited to superday. Superday was in Pittsburgh and went through various interviews with different groups within the bank.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions. Asked about to explain fiscal cliff, liquidity crises, equity restructuring, along with questions about myself and my experiences. The process was relatively laid back and they were conversational and relaxed. The second part involved them flying me up to Pittsburgh, and conducting a series of 3 interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

The hiring process is process is very straight-forward. All of the interview questions are behavioral. There are no technical questions. They want to know if you "fit" the organizations (very collegial environment).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • If you had to choose one line item from the financial statements that you think is the most important what would it be.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Baltimore, MD) in April 2010.

Interview

Laid back interview, mainly behavioral and fit type questions.

Interview Questions

• If working in a group, how would you deal with a dysfunctional group member?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2010.

Interview

The first round interview was a phone interview asking mainly about my resume as well as some behavioral questions. For the second round they flew me in to Pittsburgh. The night before we went out to a nice dinner and got to meet some of the employees. The next day consisted of 5- 15 minute interviews with mainly upper level people. Very conversational, still waiting to here back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piti, GU

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Piti, GU) in October 2009.

Interview

We had a preinterview dinner on campus the night before, which included a presentation and Q&A. The next day they conducted on campus interviews. It was one on one and very qual. We ran down my resume, talked about why I wanted to work for them, leadership qualities, ect.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went out of way for a customer   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you overcame a challange and accomplished something.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I don't believe that this is relevant for an internship interview. The salary is non-negotiable.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2011.

Interview

The interview went pretty well. The recruiter asked me a lot of behavioral questions based on my resume. And he was not a tough person to talk to, Questions that I have been asked to is " Tell me about yourself" "What do you know about us" and " what did you do within this leadership positions"

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2011.

Interview

I applied through a school website and was accepted for a 1:1 interview. He asked me to walk through my resume and we talked about the economy and the market and government. It was more of a conversation then anything. Nothing too stressful. In the end, he asked if I had any other questions and I gave him about three.