PNC Financial Services Group

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group

Interview Details – Interview on campus

Interview Question – How have you prepared for a career in finance?   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – Mostly behavioral questions. Asked about to explain fiscal cliff, liquidity crises, equity restructuring, along with questions about myself and my experiences. The process was relatively laid back and they were conversational and relaxed. The second part involved them flying me up to Pittsburgh, and conducting a series of 3 interviews.

Interview Question – What would you do to fix the fiscal cliff.   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process is process is very straight-forward. All of the interview questions are behavioral. There are no technical questions. They want to know if you "fit" the organizations (very collegial environment).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
  • If you had to choose one line item from the financial statements that you think is the most important what would it be.   View Answer

Baltimore, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2010.

Interview Details – Laid back interview, mainly behavioral and fit type questions.

Interview Question – If working in a group, how would you deal with a dysfunctional group member?   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2010.

Interview Details – The first round interview was a phone interview asking mainly about my resume as well as some behavioral questions. For the second round they flew me in to Pittsburgh. The night before we went out to a nice dinner and got to meet some of the employees. The next day consisted of 5- 15 minute interviews with mainly upper level people. Very conversational, still waiting to here back.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in PNC?   Answer Question

Piti, GU

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2009.

Interview Details – We had a preinterview dinner on campus the night before, which included a presentation and Q&A. The next day they conducted on campus interviews. It was one on one and very qual. We ran down my resume, talked about why I wanted to work for them, leadership qualities, ect.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went out of way for a customer   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time when you overcame a challange and accomplished something.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I don't believe that this is relevant for an internship interview. The salary is non-negotiable.

Summer Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview went pretty well. The recruiter asked me a lot of behavioral questions based on my resume. And he was not a tough person to talk to, Questions that I have been asked to is " Tell me about yourself" "What do you know about us" and " what did you do within this leadership positions"

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through a school website and was accepted for a 1:1 interview. He asked me to walk through my resume and we talked about the economy and the market and government. It was more of a conversation then anything. Nothing too stressful. In the end, he asked if I had any other questions and I gave him about three.

Interview Question – Walk me through your resume   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PNC Financial Services Group

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!

PNC Financial Services Group Videos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PNC Financial Services Group Summer Analyst interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by PNC Financial Services Group employees and interview candidates.