PNC Financial Services Group

PNC Financial Services Group Summer Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pittsburgh, PA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2010.

Interview Details – Originally interviewed for an intern position between junior and senior years of college. Accepted the offer for the internship and worked for PNC over the summer. Following the 3 month internship I was offered a job to begin after I completed my senior year. Although it was not under the same manager I was hired into the same department and have never looked back.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you were part of team assigned a task and one of your team members provided little to no input or help. How did you deal with this person?   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – Was invited to do day-long super days with the company and PNC is really awesome. They put you in a nice hotel and all expenses are paid for the day and a half that you are there. The first day consists of light networking and the second day was four one-on-one interviews back to back. Generally, the interviews were more about getting to know everyone as an individual with very few technical questions. Know why you're interested in finance and be able to talk about your past experiences. I got the offer but then decided to decline as they placed me in a group that I am not that interested in. Overall, great firm, awesome people, and a really relaxed interview process.

Interview Question – Explain a current financial regulation and how it impacts the market.   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2009.

Interview Details – Phone Interview, then asked to come in for a "super day" of 3 interviews. Asked about level of involvement and interest in finance.

Interview Question – What stocks do you like right now?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standard salary for all interns in this group.

Summer Intern

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied through career site of my university. Was given an on-campus interview with Senior management. One-on-one interview for about a half hour. Heard back the same week that I was invited to Super Day. Will be attending the Super Day this week.

Interview Question – Why PNC?   Answer Question

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!