PNC Financial Services Group Teller I Interview Questions

2.8

Teller I Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Phone interview. Followed by one on one and joint interview with branch manager and teller supervisor. Very straightforward and not intimidating. You do need to prepare yourself for lots of drug and background testing prior to any interviews.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you witnessed a coworker doing something against policy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Looking back, I could have negotiated a better hourly rate.

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

First I applied on their website. The next day I received a follow up application to fill out online. I also received a link to an online assessment. It took about 30 minutes to complete. A few days later I got a call from a recruiter.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a hostile customer in the line at the bank?   Answer Question

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in December 2014.

Interview

Will call you to do a phone interview then send you a assessment to take as well as fill out important papers. Depending on area will contact you for group interview where there are approximately 12 people (lucky if they cancel.) The interview took about 5 hours max. First part hr representative asked everyone about 5 questions while the branch managers were in the back listening in. When the first part was over the hr called people the branch managers wanted and the rest were sent home.I personally was scared but glad in the end, when the 2nd interview was over. I was called the next day saying i had an offer by the HR as a heads up. Then the next day the branch manager herself called me to let me know. I was happy. And still am. PS. PLEASE research about the company before going to an interview it will help.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

applied online and received a call the next day for a interview the following week. With my experience, I didn't have a phone interview and I didn't take the teller assessment until after my interview. The interview was done in a group of 7 with addition to 1 regional manager, 2 branch manager and 1 HR. They asked behavioral questions that started off with "tell me about a time...." and "Tell me about yourself." The interview style was conversational and very smooth that lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions...nothing difficult. Just know what is on your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Lancaster, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

My story is a bit different because I was referred by an existing PNC employee. I was contacted by human resources about the teller supervisor position and asked a few preliminary questions about my supervisory experience. Once satisfied with this, the recruiter told me which branch was looking to fill this position and told me she would call me back to schedule an interview with the hiring manager. This process took about 3-4 days. My interview was on a Friday in the branch and lasted a little over an hour. I met with the Branch Manager and Asst Branch Manager. They were very nice and made the interview seem more conversational than an actual interview. The questions they ask are all situational and they are looking for a STAR response -- describe the situation, the task you were faced with, the action you took and the end result. They had a packet of about 50 questions but asked me less than half. After that, I had the opportunity to ask questions about the bank. The manager gave me her card and said to call her if I had any additional questions. I received a call that Tuesday telling me they were offering me the position and wanted to go over fingerprinting and training dates HOWEVER, they could not do that until I actually went online to formally apply for the job. I was hired and never even applied :)

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult to answer, provided you have the relevant experience for the position. Examples are about customer service situations, difficult customers, what great customer service means to you, how you coach difficult employees, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Washington, DC) in February 2010.

Interview

Filled out an online application. About a week later I got a phone call from a recruiter. A phone interview, then a 1 on 1 interview. Got a call the next day offering me the job!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willoughby, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Willoughby, OH) in January 2010.

Interview

Online process and behavioral test is required to apply. Once selected you will be interviewed by a HR representative. Once you get pass that you will interviewed by the branch manager of the branch you may work along with the teller supervisor. After that they will call you with a job offer and instructions for the drug test which must be done within 48 hrs. of the job offer.

Interview Questions

• I can not remember any difficult questions during the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2009.

Interview

I applied online, received a brief phone interview and was invited to visit the office where i would take a short test and have a face to face interview. After all those parts were complete i moved onto an interview ith the branch manager.

Teller I Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2010.

Interview

The phone interview was focused on my job experience and how it would relate to the position applied for. I was asked to state an example of when I gave superior customer service to a customer in the past, why I applied for a position with this company in particular.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for a position with this company?   1 Answer
    • What appeals to you about working as a teller?   1 Answer

Pay too low