PNC Financial Services Group

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Silver Spring, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – applied online and received a call the next day for a interview the following week. With my experience, I didn't have a phone interview and I didn't take the teller assessment until after my interview. The interview was done in a group of 7 with addition to 1 regional manager, 2 branch manager and 1 HR. They asked behavioral questions that started off with "tell me about a time...." and "Tell me about yourself." The interview style was conversational and very smooth that lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Question – All behavioral questions...nothing difficult. Just know what is on your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Lancaster, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2011.

Interview Details – My story is a bit different because I was referred by an existing PNC employee. I was contacted by human resources about the teller supervisor position and asked a few preliminary questions about my supervisory experience. Once satisfied with this, the recruiter told me which branch was looking to fill this position and told me she would call me back to schedule an interview with the hiring manager. This process took about 3-4 days. My interview was on a Friday in the branch and lasted a little over an hour. I met with the Branch Manager and Asst Branch Manager. They were very nice and made the interview seem more conversational than an actual interview. The questions they ask are all situational and they are looking for a STAR response -- describe the situation, the task you were faced with, the action you took and the end result. They had a packet of about 50 questions but asked me less than half. After that, I had the opportunity to ask questions about the bank. The manager gave me her card and said to call her if I had any additional questions.
I received a call that Tuesday telling me they were offering me the position and wanted to go over fingerprinting and training dates HOWEVER, they could not do that until I actually went online to formally apply for the job. I was hired and never even applied :)

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult to answer, provided you have the relevant experience for the position. Examples are about customer service situations, difficult customers, what great customer service means to you, how you coach difficult employees, etc.   Answer Question

Willoughby, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – Online process and behavioral test is required to apply. Once selected you will be interviewed by a HR representative. Once you get pass that you will interviewed by the branch manager of the branch you may work along with the teller supervisor. After that they will call you with a job offer and instructions for the drug test which must be done within 48 hrs. of the job offer.

Interview Question – I can not remember any difficult questions during the interview.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online, received a brief phone interview and was invited to visit the office where i would take a short test and have a face to face interview. After all those parts were complete i moved onto an interview ith the branch manager.

Interview Question – Did you have cash handling experience?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2010.

Interview Details – Filled out an online application. About a week later I got a phone call from a recruiter. A phone interview, then a 1 on 1 interview. Got a call the next day offering me the job!

Interview Question – How do you make the customer feel special?   Answer Question

Teller I

The process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – The phone interview was focused on my job experience and how it would relate to the position applied for. I was asked to state an example of when I gave superior customer service to a customer in the past, why I applied for a position with this company in particular.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for a position with this company?   View Answer
  • What appeals to you about working as a teller?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Pay too low

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!