PNC Financial Services Group Teller Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.7

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2015.

Interview

I applied on line and got an email for a group interview where there were 5 other candidates, the recruiter and the branch manager. It was a great and pleasant interview experience where they made us feel comfortable and explained a little about the company as each question was asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell us you name and where you live. Why did you choose PNC? Why this position? What was the biggest accomplish you've reached that you feel proud of? Tell me an experience when you went above and beyond to please a customer. Whyare you the best fit for this position? (for this one we had to stand up and give a short answer with a framed time of around 60 seconds). The interview happened very recently, so I haven't had the opportunity of hearing back from them yet.   Answer Question

I didn't decline. I haven't heard back yet, due the interview just happened.

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter for a phone interview and then they called me again for a 1:1 interview. I was pretty nervous because I've never worked at a bank before.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2015.

Interview

First I got all call from a recruiter. The call consisted of the recruiter wanting to know my work history, my minimum salary requirement, and then they told me information about the position. After I had to fill out assessments. Then I was contacted again by a recruiter to have a interview with a branch manager. The day after I received a call saying I had the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about handeling large amounts of money?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Make sure that you ask for the amount you really want when a recruiter calls the first time, they tend to stick with that number. Also if you don't get the position the first time, contact your recruiter and they can set you up with another branch. It worked out that way for me and I got the job with my second branch interview.

Application

Interview

I applied online one branch. Got a call about a week or two later for another branch. The first interview was on the phone with the recruiter regarding the job description and whether or not I would be able to work/commute etc. About a day later, got another call scheduling the one on one interview at a local branch. Went to the one on one interview. Turns out that a branch manager will conduct the interview and so I felt good about getting the job. No. There's a second interview at the main branch. Go to the interview with both the branch manager and the teller supervisor. Did not feel well about the second interview. Next day get a call saying that I did not get the position. Next week I get a call saying that I did get the position. Turns out you have to be good looking to get the position. (I was told that the guy who actually got the job before me turned down the offer and the sole reason was this. Not making this up people.) Eh.. I got the second hand job.

Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Erlanger, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

It took about an hour, they were very thorough with their question. They did not truly specify how 'retail' the position would be. I did enjoy how well they listened to my past experience and they answered all of my questions in detail. They also gave example from their time at the bank which helped in my understanding.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important factor in customer service to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered to negotiate pay but a friend of mine was not. I'm not sure what constitutes who gets to negotiate though I did come from a higher paying job.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2015.

Interview

1st apply online, then take 2 assignments online, then go to a group interview with branch managers. I Had to wear business professional, meaning very plain an conservative attire. everything lasted for 2 hours, need to know a few facts about the company. Lots of general questions, not a pleasant experience, but a good one to have.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Filled out application, was asked to come in and I did. Interview went well, was told that I pretty much had the position, then waited day or talked to Hr, next day was offered position.Then you have to go through all of the drug testing and background check!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none/flat rate for inexperience

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

there were a total of four interviews. Two online, one telephone, and one in person. the telephone and online interviews were simple enough. The in-person interview was a joke. If you are not a minority, don't expect to be hired in any management level positions. Just keeping it real.

Interview Questions

• Do you get along with people of "different" backgrounds?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were pretty set on pay and benefits... Not much wiggle room.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Hiring is pretty simple. If you get them to call you (which can take forever). They ask basic questions and generally it takes about 20 minutes. Nothing was really out of the ordinary. Mine happened at the manager's desk in the lobby not in an office away from everyone.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that a customer was upset with you and how you solved the problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Melbourne, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Group interview with many managers watching you. It will feel like the show shark tank. So prepare not to make a fool of yourself. You will be asked five questions and you will watch a pnc video.

Interview Questions

• Easy interview. Sit far away from the recruiter. This will allow more time and you can listen to everyone else bomb out.   Answer Question

Negotiation

A little bit of wiggle room.