PNC Financial Services Group Teller Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Dundee, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Dundee, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2011.

initial phone interview, followed by an assessment then a face to face interview, sometimes followed by a second face to face interview

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and you overcame it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2011.

Phone interview - basic. First a Group Interview where basic interview questions asked by a group of PNC employers. Then follow up with a 1:1 interview at the branch you will work at. Then a drug test/finger printing.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me 2 weaknesses and 2 strengths that I had.   Answer Question
    • Describe the moment you were most proud of while working in retail.   View Answer
    Everyone's pretty much paid a set hourly wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2011.

I actually walked right into a branch simply researching career change opportunities. The genuinely friendly and helpful assistant branch manager offered to look over my resume and talked to me about our mutual history in retail. A spot was serendipitously open and I was given an interview. During the interview, stock questions were asked, such as problem solving and ethic inquiries, as well as laying out expectations, hopes, and opportunities.

Interview Questions
    I gave a number I could only consider leaving my other job for (it was a stable job, but wasn't getting paid much), and since the interview and previous encounters went well, the boss was enthusiastic and said although they start people in my position at less, he would do all he could. I got the offer for the number I suggested.

Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2012.

i applied online, it took one day for the recruiter to call me back. She asked me a few questions about my sales experience and my previous employers.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate as the offer was very close to what I desired

Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2012.

I applied online then a day later i received an email to set up phone interview. Couple days later i did the phone interview. It consisted of basic behavioral questions, your current job, experience etc.. then I received an email to do an online assessment and to complete an application. About 2 weeks later i received another email for an invite to a group interview. The group interview took about 1 hour and a half. It consisted of a panel of 4 managers from different branches and 7 interviewees including myself. Basically took turns going around the table answering basic interview questions. The next day i received a call from one of the branch managers with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell a time when you had to deal with an angry customer. What actions did you take? What steps did you take to solve the problem? What was the end result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2012.

I received an online application, a phone interview, and a group interview. I spoke with someone from HR over the phone and they went through a brief interview. At the end of the interview, I was invited to an interview the next week.
    The interview was a group interview with about 10 people, and we basically took turns answering the questions around the table.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Whitehouse, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehouse, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2012.

I had a phone interview first with questions about my previous experiences. They wanted to know what I did at my previous jobs and why I left. Next I was setup for an in person interview with the Branch Manager and Teller Supervisor. The interview was over an hour but it was a very positive experience. The Branch Manager had a lot of questions about my sales and customer service experience. They explained the process of becoming a teller and what the job includes. The Teller Supervisor asked me questions about my cash handling experience.

Interview Questions
    • I think the phone interview was more difficult because they asked those same questions of explain a customer service issue and how you dealt with it. It's hard when you are on the spot to remember details and quickly explain it.   Answer Question
    They called and offered me the position

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Floyds Knobs, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Floyds Knobs, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2013.

I filled out the online application to see which positions were open. Since I had no previous banking experience, I applied for full-time teller positions in three locations near where I live. I received a phone call and an email from an out-of-state recruiter within four days of applying online. They set up a phone interview the next day with a recruiter. In the interview, the recruiter asked about sales experience and why I thought I'd be a good fit for the position. After answering the questions, she directed me to an online aptitude test for one of the three branches I applied for. The test was 60 questions, and took about 45 minutes to complete. A couple of days after completing the test, I learned that two of the branch positions I applied for were filled. Fortunately I received a phone call from a local recruiter who requested a 30-minute interview the following day. She asked questions about my interest in the position, my prior experience and qualifications for PNC, etc. We discussed the job description, the average pay, hours, and benefits. After the phone interview, the recruiter set up a face-to-face interview with me and the branch manager a few days later. My interview with the branch manager lasted about an hour. She talked about her branch, her expectations, what she wanted in a candidate for this position, and the difference in full- and part-time employees. Among other questions, she asked what I can bring to her team with my background and why I want to enter the banking industry. She ended the conversation by letting me know that if selected, I would have an offer within three days from the local recruiter. I received an offer the following day.

Interview Questions
    • Since you don't have prior banking experience, why do you think you'd be a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question
    No negotiations. The recruiter said I'd start at the low end of their hourly rate because of my lack of experience, but the branch manager was pleased with my interview and started me a bit higher.

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2012.

The phone interview ran for about 10-15 minutes. We reviewed the job description and then compared it with my resume. My Interview process is tomorrow at 6pm. It is a group interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was when they asked for my hardest decision with my last job.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I interviewed online - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2013.

Filled out online application and the next morning an HR woman called me asking very basic questions such as "do you have cash handling experience" very yes/no questions. Was more like a screening not an interview. Also asked what I wanted to make hourly. I told her 15 just to see what happens and she told me 10-12 would be more realistic. I was then sent a psychological assessment. One of those "never, sometimes always" type tests. 2 days later an HR rep called me and left a message. I called her back, she didn't answer, I left a message. Called her again the next day, no answer. Finally on the third day she answered and she interviewed me. Basic questions about customer service, difficult customer, following company rules. She sent my info to a local branch and they agreed to interview. She forgot to send me my bank location for the interview. I wasn't able to get a hold of my HR lady so I had to call customer service, who called HR, who called my HR lady who called me from her cell phone to tell me she forgot and will send it later.

Anyway, the actual interview was awkward. The moment I sat down I felt like I wouldn't get the job. Sat with assistant GM and GM. Asked me a million and one questions about customer service to the point where I ran out of experiences and didn't know what to say anymore. I'm unsure what they were trying to get out of me. I stayed and smiled and finished the interview but it was just plain weird. I did learn the GM's favorite restaurant and where the woman who was interviewed before me lived...

I don't think I'll be getting a call back

Interview Questions
    • None really just a million variations of "how do you sell, how do you deal with difficult customers... "   Answer Question

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!