PNC Financial Services Group

Updated Mar 18, 2014

Getting the Interview

41 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Washington, DC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview - basic. First a Group Interview where basic interview questions asked by a group of PNC employers. Then follow up with a 1:1 interview at the branch you will work at. Then a drug test/finger printing.

Interview Questions

• They asked me 2 weaknesses and 2 strengths that I had.   Answer Question
  • Describe the moment you were most proud of while working in retail.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Everyone's pretty much paid a set hourly wage

West Dundee, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2011.

Interview Details – initial phone interview, followed by an assessment then a face to face interview, sometimes followed by a second face to face interview

Interview Question – Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and you overcame it?   Answer Question

Teller

The process took 4 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the teller position online, got a call to set up a phone interview. I just had the phone interview with the banks recruiter. She asked me few normal questions and explained about the the schedule., salary etc. and she told she will be calling me for next process and asked what time i am available during this week. Hopefully she will call me for the further....and offer me a job.

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – Got an email to set up a phone interview. The person that called me was from their HR Department. She was very friendly. She explained about the position, hours, location, type of work, etc. The interview was about 30 to 45 minutes. About 2 weeks later, I got a call from a branch manager and I went in for the interview. Nice location, staff was nice. Asked a few behavior questions and why I wanted to work for them.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for PNC Bank?   Answer Question

Silver Spring, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2011.

Interview Details – After a walk-in inquiry with branch manager, I was recommended to apply online because they are hiring bi-lingual applicants for the area. I took a online personality test, which consisted of "strongly disagree" or "strongly agree" questions. Thereafter, I received a phone call for a phone interview, and was asked simple "what would you do" interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – You are allowed some room to negotiate, however my advice is to do it with the hiring manager and not your branch manager.

Ridgely, MD

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online for a PT teller position with a local PNC branch. I got called the next week and had an immediate phone interview. Following the phone interview, the lady scheduled me for an in-person interview with the branch manager.
I went in for my interview, dressed in a suit and tie (may have overdone it a little), and spoke with the branch manager who was very friendly and easy-going. He asked me the basic questions, such as to tell him about myself, why I want to work there, and he asked me a few "Tell me about a time you....." questions.
Afterward though, I never heard from them again.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for an upset customer.   Answer Question

Teller

The process took 5 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2008.

Interview Details – Submitting and application will lead to a corporate recruiter contacting you. They will confirm the information on the application and see if there are any available positions. After that they will ask you to perform a drug test within 48 hours otherwise you will not qualify. After the results com in they will ask to come in, meet the recruiter, take an exam and a 1 on 1 interview. If they like you they will shop you around to available branches and whichever one claims you will then do a 1 on 1 with you also. If you are offered employment you will receive 3 weeks training and then report for work

Interview Question – What is the worst part of the work day   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2008.

Interview Details – From the time of taking the test to the interview to HR getting back to me the whole process was two weeks

Interview Question – What could I bring into the bank to be able to get referrals   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2008.

Interview Details – I first took a quick numbers and morality test. That was easy. Then I had to do an interview with a recruiter and that was more of a behavioral/personality interview. They asked me five questions about being a good employee. Overall, the whole process was quick and easy. Nothing much about the company was asked of me.

Interview Questions

• What is one trait that you like most about yourself? Or one trait that you think that you possess that is a positive?   View Answer
  • What is one situation that you overcame or didnt overcome?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Since this is not a high paying job or commission based, it went fairly well.

Teller

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2010.

Interview Details – Put in my resume online and within 24 hours was e-mailed to fill out an application. A day after that I was called to set up a phone interview for the next day. Had the phone interview (why PNC, tell me about a time when a customer..., how important is team work to you) and then my information was forwarded to a branch manager. The branch manager called the next day to set up interview for the next day. Went to that interview, was asked the same questions as phone interview, it was uncomfortable. Two days later the original recruiter called to tell me that I didn't get it but the branch manager wanted me to interview at a different location. Did that interview as well with the same questions, however was not called again.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed at reaching a goal.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PNC Financial Services Group

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!

PNC Financial Services Group Videos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PNC Financial Services Group Teller interview questions and advice. All 41 interview reviews posted anonymously by PNC Financial Services Group employees and interview candidates.