PNC Financial Services Group Teller Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Washington, DC) in June 2011.

Interview

Phone interview - basic. First a Group Interview where basic interview questions asked by a group of PNC employers. Then follow up with a 1:1 interview at the branch you will work at. Then a drug test/finger printing.

Interview Questions

• They asked me 2 weaknesses and 2 strengths that I had.   Answer Question
  • Describe the moment you were most proud of while working in retail.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everyone's pretty much paid a set hourly wage

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Dundee, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (West Dundee, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

initial phone interview, followed by an assessment then a face to face interview, sometimes followed by a second face to face interview

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and you overcame it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Edison, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

It was short and the interviewer asked me about my previous teller experience which i don't have so he asked me about any customer relations experience which i had and talked about but there were a lot of candidates who had direct work experience so i was not selected but i had a good experience of the interview

Interview Questions

• How will you handle a difficult client who raises his voice   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

there were a total of four interviews.
    Two online, one telephone, and one in person. the telephone and online interviews were simple enough. The in-person interview was a joke. If you are not a minority, don't expect to be hired in any management level positions. Just keeping it real.

Interview Questions

• Do you get along with people of "different" backgrounds?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were pretty set on pay and benefits... Not much wiggle room.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2010.

Interview

I really don't remember to much about it. Cash handling questions...6 months prior experience was the requirement at the time. Had to be bonded and fingerprinted. Not hard at all. Attendance is a big issue and being on time, especially if you are opening the branch.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I am not a negotiator, so I just accepted what they offered.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Filled out application, was asked to come in and I did. Interview went well, was told that I pretty much had the position, then waited day or talked to Hr, next day was offered position.Then you have to go through all of the drug testing and background check!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none/flat rate for inexperience

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2015.

Interview

1st apply online, then take 2 assignments online, then go to a group interview with branch managers. I Had to wear business professional, meaning very plain an conservative attire. everything lasted for 2 hours, need to know a few facts about the company. Lots of general questions, not a pleasant experience, but a good one to have.

Teller Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2012.

Interview

I applied for the teller position online, got a call to set up a phone interview. I just had the phone interview with the banks recruiter. She asked me few normal questions and explained about the the schedule., salary etc. and she told she will be calling me for next process and asked what time i am available during this week. Hopefully she will call me for the further....and offer me a job.

Interview Questions

• How did you make a unhappy customer happy   1 Answer
    • How do you cross sell a product?   1 Answer
    • She asked whether I am available for part time hours   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2012.

Interview

Got an email to set up a phone interview. The person that called me was from their HR Department. She was very friendly. She explained about the position, hours, location, type of work, etc. The interview was about 30 to 45 minutes. About 2 weeks later, I got a call from a branch manager and I went in for the interview. Nice location, staff was nice. Asked a few behavior questions and why I wanted to work for them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Silver Spring, MD) in September 2011.

Interview

After a walk-in inquiry with branch manager, I was recommended to apply online because they are hiring bi-lingual applicants for the area. I took a online personality test, which consisted of "strongly disagree" or "strongly agree" questions. Thereafter, I received a phone call for a phone interview, and was asked simple "what would you do" interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You are allowed some room to negotiate, however my advice is to do it with the hiring manager and not your branch manager.