PNC Financial Services Group Teller Interview Questions

Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.5

45 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

there were a total of four interviews.
Two online, one telephone, and one in person. the telephone and online interviews were simple enough. The in-person interview was a joke. If you are not a minority, don't expect to be hired in any management level positions. Just keeping it real.

Interview Questions
  • Do you get along with people of "different" backgrounds?   View Answer
They were pretty set on pay and benefits... Not much wiggle room.

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Hiring is pretty simple. If you get them to call you (which can take forever). They ask basic questions and generally it takes about 20 minutes. Nothing was really out of the ordinary. Mine happened at the manager's desk in the lobby not in an office away from everyone.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time that a customer was upset with you and how you solved the problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied in-person – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2014.

It was short and the interviewer asked me about my previous teller experience which i don't have so he asked me about any customer relations experience which i had and talked about but there were a lot of candidates who had direct work experience so i was not selected but i had a good experience of the interview

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle a difficult client who raises his voice   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2014.

Group interview with many managers watching you. It will feel like the show shark tank. So prepare not to make a fool of yourself. You will be asked five questions and you will watch a pnc video.

Interview Questions
    • Easy interview. Sit far away from the recruiter. This will allow more time and you can listen to everyone else bomb out.   Answer Question
    A little bit of wiggle room.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Phone interview asking about experience, then met with Branch Manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Dundee, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Dundee, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2011.

initial phone interview, followed by an assessment then a face to face interview, sometimes followed by a second face to face interview

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and you overcame it?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Filled out the application online, and received a phone call from the local "recruiter". Short phone interview with simple questions such as: "Why do you want to work for PNC", "Have you ever had to up-sale with clients". This led to a face-to-face interview with the bank manager and head teller at the branch I applied for. The interview lasted about an hour and consisted of sales, team and leadership questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you had a project, and it didn't end well? Or you didn't finish it on time?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Great Hiring and Interview process they involve everyone needed.

Not stressful or hard they were very firm!!

Teller Interview

HR rep calls you and does a quick phone interview then sets you up with the Branch manager for a formal interview at the branch you will be working.

Interview Questions
    • Was there a time you ever went out of your way to help a customer? When? What did you do?   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate hourly wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2012.

The phone interview ran for about 10-15 minutes. We reviewed the job description and then compared it with my resume. My Interview process is tomorrow at 6pm. It is a group interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was when they asked for my hardest decision with my last job.   View Answer