PNC Financial Services Group Teller Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Ormond Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Ormond Beach, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I have not interviewed with any company since leaving PwC last year. PNC is the only job I submitted my resume for and they chose another candidate before talking with me.

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

I applied online one branch. Got a call about a week or two later for another branch. The first interview was on the phone with the recruiter regarding the job description and whether or not I would be able to work/commute etc. About a day later, got another call scheduling the one on one interview at a local branch. Went to the one on one interview. Turns out that a branch manager will conduct the interview and so I felt good about getting the job. No. There's a second interview at the main branch. Go to the interview with both the branch manager and the teller supervisor. Did not feel well about the second interview. Next day get a call saying that I did not get the position. Next week I get a call saying that I did get the position. Turns out you have to be good looking to get the position. (I was told that the guy who actually got the job before me turned down the offer and the sole reason was this. Not making this up people.) Eh.. I got the second hand job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Plata, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (La Plata, MD) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process was pretty short. There was a mass hiring with 5 different branch managers, so other people were waiting. However, I didn't hear back from the company for two months. I actually forgot I applied when I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• She told me to sell her something in the room and she had me sell her some hand sanitizer   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2015.

Interview

1st apply online, then take 2 assignments online, then go to a group interview with branch managers. I Had to wear business professional, meaning very plain an conservative attire. everything lasted for 2 hours, need to know a few facts about the company. Lots of general questions, not a pleasant experience, but a good one to have.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Bloomfield, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for a Teller position on 02/10/15 and received an email 02/11/15 saying they decided to go with other candidates. I have bank teller experience as well as other financial services experience, so it makes me wonder what PNC bases its recruitment decisions on. Is it that I'm over qualified? I believe saying that, is better than telling me I'm not the right fit without even giving me a chance in an interview.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Filled out application, was asked to come in and I did. Interview went well, was told that I pretty much had the position, then waited day or talked to Hr, next day was offered position.Then you have to go through all of the drug testing and background check!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none/flat rate for inexperience

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to schedule a phone interview about two days later. I scheduled my phone interview and on the day I set got the call. I had read that it would last maybe 10 minutes, mine lasted three minutes. The interviewer asked about my cash handling experience, my upselling experience, if full time would work for me and so on. I got sent the assessment and application to fill out, which I did right away. The interviewer said a recruiter would contact me in one to two weeks. I never got the call, instead I got an email saying I didn't get the position.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2010.

Interview

I really don't remember to much about it. Cash handling questions...6 months prior experience was the requirement at the time. Had to be bonded and fingerprinted. Not hard at all. Attendance is a big issue and being on time, especially if you are opening the branch.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I am not a negotiator, so I just accepted what they offered.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

there were a total of four interviews. Two online, one telephone, and one in person. the telephone and online interviews were simple enough. The in-person interview was a joke. If you are not a minority, don't expect to be hired in any management level positions. Just keeping it real.

Interview Questions

• Do you get along with people of "different" backgrounds?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were pretty set on pay and benefits... Not much wiggle room.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Hiring is pretty simple. If you get them to call you (which can take forever). They ask basic questions and generally it takes about 20 minutes. Nothing was really out of the ordinary. Mine happened at the manager's desk in the lobby not in an office away from everyone.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that a customer was upset with you and how you solved the problem.   Answer Question