PNC Financial Services Group Teller Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.6

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2015.

Interview

1st apply online, then take 2 assignments online, then go to a group interview with branch managers. I Had to wear business professional, meaning very plain an conservative attire. everything lasted for 2 hours, need to know a few facts about the company. Lots of general questions, not a pleasant experience, but a good one to have.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Bloomfield, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for a Teller position on 02/10/15 and received an email 02/11/15 saying they decided to go with other candidates. I have bank teller experience as well as other financial services experience, so it makes me wonder what PNC bases its recruitment decisions on. Is it that I'm over qualified? I believe saying that, is better than telling me I'm not the right fit without even giving me a chance in an interview.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Filled out application, was asked to come in and I did. Interview went well, was told that I pretty much had the position, then waited day or talked to Hr, next day was offered position.Then you have to go through all of the drug testing and background check!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none/flat rate for inexperience

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to schedule a phone interview about two days later. I scheduled my phone interview and on the day I set got the call. I had read that it would last maybe 10 minutes, mine lasted three minutes. The interviewer asked about my cash handling experience, my upselling experience, if full time would work for me and so on. I got sent the assessment and application to fill out, which I did right away. The interviewer said a recruiter would contact me in one to two weeks. I never got the call, instead I got an email saying I didn't get the position.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2010.

Interview

I really don't remember to much about it. Cash handling questions...6 months prior experience was the requirement at the time. Had to be bonded and fingerprinted. Not hard at all. Attendance is a big issue and being on time, especially if you are opening the branch.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I am not a negotiator, so I just accepted what they offered.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

there were a total of four interviews.
    Two online, one telephone, and one in person. the telephone and online interviews were simple enough. The in-person interview was a joke. If you are not a minority, don't expect to be hired in any management level positions. Just keeping it real.

Interview Questions

• Do you get along with people of "different" backgrounds?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were pretty set on pay and benefits... Not much wiggle room.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Hiring is pretty simple. If you get them to call you (which can take forever). They ask basic questions and generally it takes about 20 minutes. Nothing was really out of the ordinary. Mine happened at the manager's desk in the lobby not in an office away from everyone.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that a customer was upset with you and how you solved the problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Edison, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

It was short and the interviewer asked me about my previous teller experience which i don't have so he asked me about any customer relations experience which i had and talked about but there were a lot of candidates who had direct work experience so i was not selected but i had a good experience of the interview

Interview Questions

• How will you handle a difficult client who raises his voice   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Melbourne, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Group interview with many managers watching you. It will feel like the show shark tank. So prepare not to make a fool of yourself. You will be asked five questions and you will watch a pnc video.

Interview Questions

• Easy interview. Sit far away from the recruiter. This will allow more time and you can listen to everyone else bomb out.   Answer Question

Negotiation

A little bit of wiggle room.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Phone interview asking about experience, then met with Branch Manager