PNC Financial Services Group

Interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group

Interview Details – Basic questions regarding cash handeling

Interview Question – How you take care of customer needs   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Within about a week, received an email invitation to set up a phone interview with HR. I had a phone interview with a general HR person calling from corporate HQ in Ohio. Entire conversation took less than 10 minutes and was informative, questions asked were basically "Why did you/are you leaving your current position?" HR emailed me more forms to fill out, and said that the branch manager of the location I applied to would need to decide whether or not they want to speak to me...still waiting after about a week to hear back.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current position?   Answer Question

Floyds Knobs, IN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out the online application to see which positions were open. Since I had no previous banking experience, I applied for full-time teller positions in three locations near where I live. I received a phone call and an email from an out-of-state recruiter within four days of applying online. They set up a phone interview the next day with a recruiter. In the interview, the recruiter asked about sales experience and why I thought I'd be a good fit for the position. After answering the questions, she directed me to an online aptitude test for one of the three branches I applied for. The test was 60 questions, and took about 45 minutes to complete. A couple of days after completing the test, I learned that two of the branch positions I applied for were filled. Fortunately I received a phone call from a local recruiter who requested a 30-minute interview the following day. She asked questions about my interest in the position, my prior experience and qualifications for PNC, etc. We discussed the job description, the average pay, hours, and benefits. After the phone interview, the recruiter set up a face-to-face interview with me and the branch manager a few days later. My interview with the branch manager lasted about an hour. She talked about her branch, her expectations, what she wanted in a candidate for this position, and the difference in full- and part-time employees. Among other questions, she asked what I can bring to her team with my background and why I want to enter the banking industry. She ended the conversation by letting me know that if selected, I would have an offer within three days from the local recruiter. I received an offer the following day.

Interview Question – Since you don't have prior banking experience, why do you think you'd be a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. The recruiter said I'd start at the low end of their hourly rate because of my lack of experience, but the branch manager was pleased with my interview and started me a bit higher.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – I was handed the job based upon experience. No interview

Negotiation Details – non-existant

Very Easy Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2012.

Interview Details – It was a group interview. It was fine. HR person did a fine job. No difficult questions.

Interview Question – Give an example of 5 star service that you have provided?   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – I actually walked right into a branch simply researching career change opportunities. The genuinely friendly and helpful assistant branch manager offered to look over my resume and talked to me about our mutual history in retail. A spot was serendipitously open and I was given an interview. During the interview, stock questions were asked, such as problem solving and ethic inquiries, as well as laying out expectations, hopes, and opportunities.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself going in the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I gave a number I could only consider leaving my other job for (it was a stable job, but wasn't getting paid much), and since the interview and previous encounters went well, the boss was enthusiastic and said although they start people in my position at less, he would do all he could. I got the offer for the number I suggested.

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2012.

Interview Details – I received an online application, a phone interview, and a group interview. I spoke with someone from HR over the phone and they went through a brief interview. At the end of the interview, I was invited to an interview the next week.
The interview was a group interview with about 10 people, and we basically took turns answering the questions around the table.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, it took one day for the recruiter to call me back. She asked me a few questions about my sales experience and my previous employers. She then emailed me a link to take the personality assesment. I am still waiting to hear back

Interview Question – Explain how you went out of your way to provide exceptional customer service   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – Got an email to set up a phone interview. The person that called me was from their HR Department. She was very friendly. She explained about the position, hours, location, type of work, etc. The interview was about 30 to 45 minutes. About 2 weeks later, I got a call from a branch manager and I went in for the interview. Nice location, staff was nice. Asked a few behavior questions and why I wanted to work for them.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for PNC Bank?   Answer Question

Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2010.

Interview Details – Personality assessment following the online application, HR phone call, HR phone interview, followed by a face-to-face interview with the manager

Interview Question – Asked about prior customer service, cash handling, & sales experience   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PNC Financial Services Group