PNC Financial Services Group

Average Difficulty
41 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Washington, DC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview - basic. First a Group Interview where basic interview questions asked by a group of PNC employers. Then follow up with a 1:1 interview at the branch you will work at. Then a drug test/finger printing.

Interview Questions

• They asked me 2 weaknesses and 2 strengths that I had.   Answer Question
  • Describe the moment you were most proud of while working in retail.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Everyone's pretty much paid a set hourly wage

Silver Spring, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2011.

Interview Details – After a walk-in inquiry with branch manager, I was recommended to apply online because they are hiring bi-lingual applicants for the area. I took a online personality test, which consisted of "strongly disagree" or "strongly agree" questions. Thereafter, I received a phone call for a phone interview, and was asked simple "what would you do" interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – You are allowed some room to negotiate, however my advice is to do it with the hiring manager and not your branch manager.

Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2010.

Interview Details – One phone interview and one in person interview. FBI background check, finger prints, and urine type drug test.

Interview Question – How did you overcome a difficulty in the past?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate. Was offered the average wage for my position.

La Plata, MO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR/2 days later offered Branch Interview/interviewed with Branch Mgr & Asst Branch Mgr-very friendly & personable. Situation and circumstance questions like: tell me about a time you overcame an objection with your boss/tell me about a time you handled a disagreement with a co-worker/how do you handle it when you don't reach a set goal/ Questions were in a format of about a 10 page packet with questions they could choose from. HR highly involved in process.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were competitive...   Answer Question

Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in December 2010.

Interview Details – Phone Interview-HR called to schedule the phone interview for the same day, since I wanted to be prepared I asked if it could be done the next morning they did. HR called exactly on time, it was very formal not chit chatty at all.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had an unhappy customer and were able to make them happy?   View Answer
  • Asked why left all previous employers and did leave on good terms.   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2008.

Interview Details – I first took a quick numbers and morality test. That was easy. Then I had to do an interview with a recruiter and that was more of a behavioral/personality interview. They asked me five questions about being a good employee. Overall, the whole process was quick and easy. Nothing much about the company was asked of me.

Interview Questions

• What is one trait that you like most about yourself? Or one trait that you think that you possess that is a positive?   View Answer
  • What is one situation that you overcame or didnt overcome?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Since this is not a high paying job or commission based, it went fairly well.

Very Easy Interview

Woodridge, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2010.

Interview Details – I waited forever to get this interview i spoke to about 3 recrutiers then i was schedualed for an interview with the branch manager. It went very smooth because i had 4 mo of experiance. H asked me general questions and we compared my previous bank and pnc. The manager said he really like me and that so far i was in the lead for the position. When i left he said he was sure to see me again. A week went buy and no call yet. I was very disapointed but then again it was ok because i lived 23 miles away and the pay sucked 9.30 for teller. I emailed the manager and no response.

Very Easy Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2008.

Interview Details – applied on line and got a call within a week. had an interview with a recruiter and was send to have an interview with the manager right after.the teller supervisor was not in that day so I had to come back the next day for the interview with him (he really didn't care). Was offered a job the next day

Interview Question – why do you want to work ina bank   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, turnover is really big they have set rates

Ridgely, MD

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online for a PT teller position with a local PNC branch. I got called the next week and had an immediate phone interview. Following the phone interview, the lady scheduled me for an in-person interview with the branch manager.
I went in for my interview, dressed in a suit and tie (may have overdone it a little), and spoke with the branch manager who was very friendly and easy-going. He asked me the basic questions, such as to tell him about myself, why I want to work there, and he asked me a few "Tell me about a time you....." questions.
Afterward though, I never heard from them again.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for an upset customer.   Answer Question

Harrisburg, PA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2009.

Interview Details – The workers at PNC were very nice and asked a lot of questions regarding the position. I had asked to be e-mailed when there is any open position, and they immediately e-mailed me when a position was open. So that was really good to be sent that information; keeps me from looking at their web site every day or every other day.

Interview Question – If we were to call your former employees, what would they say about you?   View Answers (2)