PNC Financial Services Group

2.5

48 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2012.

I applied online, it took one day for the recruiter to call me back. She asked me a few questions about my sales experience and my previous employers. She then emailed me a link to take the personality assesment. I am still waiting to hear back

Interview Questions
  • Explain how you went out of your way to provide exceptional customer service   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2012.

Got an email to set up a phone interview. The person that called me was from their HR Department. She was very friendly. She explained about the position, hours, location, type of work, etc. The interview was about 30 to 45 minutes. About 2 weeks later, I got a call from a branch manager and I went in for the interview. Nice location, staff was nice. Asked a few behavior questions and why I wanted to work for them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehouse, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehouse, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2012.

I had a phone interview first with questions about my previous experiences. They wanted to know what I did at my previous jobs and why I left. Next I was setup for an in person interview with the Branch Manager and Teller Supervisor. The interview was over an hour but it was a very positive experience. The Branch Manager had a lot of questions about my sales and customer service experience. They explained the process of becoming a teller and what the job includes. The Teller Supervisor asked me questions about my cash handling experience.

Interview Questions
    • I think the phone interview was more difficult because they asked those same questions of explain a customer service issue and how you dealt with it. It's hard when you are on the spot to remember details and quickly explain it.   Answer Question
    They called and offered me the position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2011.

I actually walked right into a branch simply researching career change opportunities. The genuinely friendly and helpful assistant branch manager offered to look over my resume and talked to me about our mutual history in retail. A spot was serendipitously open and I was given an interview. During the interview, stock questions were asked, such as problem solving and ethic inquiries, as well as laying out expectations, hopes, and opportunities.

Interview Questions
    I gave a number I could only consider leaving my other job for (it was a stable job, but wasn't getting paid much), and since the interview and previous encounters went well, the boss was enthusiastic and said although they start people in my position at less, he would do all he could. I got the offer for the number I suggested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2011.

After a walk-in inquiry with branch manager, I was recommended to apply online because they are hiring bi-lingual applicants for the area. I took a online personality test, which consisted of "strongly disagree" or "strongly agree" questions. Thereafter, I received a phone call for a phone interview, and was asked simple "what would you do" interview questions.

Interview Questions
    You are allowed some room to negotiate, however my advice is to do it with the hiring manager and not your branch manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Dundee, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Dundee, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2011.

initial phone interview, followed by an assessment then a face to face interview, sometimes followed by a second face to face interview

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and you overcame it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2011.

Phone interview - basic. First a Group Interview where basic interview questions asked by a group of PNC employers. Then follow up with a 1:1 interview at the branch you will work at. Then a drug test/finger printing.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me 2 weaknesses and 2 strengths that I had.   Answer Question
    • Describe the moment you were most proud of while working in retail.   View Answer
    Everyone's pretty much paid a set hourly wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Plata, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Plata, MO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2011.

Phone interview with HR/2 days later offered Branch Interview/interviewed with Branch Mgr & Asst Branch Mgr-very friendly & personable. Situation and circumstance questions like: tell me about a time you overcame an objection with your boss/tell me about a time you handled a disagreement with a co-worker/how do you handle it when you don't reach a set goal/ Questions were in a format of about a 10 page packet with questions they could choose from. HR highly involved in process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in December 2010.

Phone Interview-HR called to schedule the phone interview for the same day, since I wanted to be prepared I asked if it could be done the next morning they did. HR called exactly on time, it was very formal not chit chatty at all.

Interview Questions
    • Name one time you had an unhappy customer and were able to make them happy?   View Answer
    • Asked why left all previous employers and did leave on good terms.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2010.

I waited forever to get this interview i spoke to about 3 recrutiers then i was schedualed for an interview with the branch manager. It went very smooth because i had 4 mo of experiance. H asked me general questions and we compared my previous bank and pnc. The manager said he really like me and that so far i was in the lead for the position. When i left he said he was sure to see me again. A week went buy and no call yet. I was very disapointed but then again it was ok because i lived 23 miles away and the pay sucked 9.30 for teller. I emailed the manager and no response.