PNC Financial Services Group Teller Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2011.

Phone interview - basic. First a Group Interview where basic interview questions asked by a group of PNC employers. Then follow up with a 1:1 interview at the branch you will work at. Then a drug test/finger printing.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me 2 weaknesses and 2 strengths that I had.   Answer Question
  • Describe the moment you were most proud of while working in retail.   View Answer
Everyone's pretty much paid a set hourly wage

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Silver Spring, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2011.

After a walk-in inquiry with branch manager, I was recommended to apply online because they are hiring bi-lingual applicants for the area. I took a online personality test, which consisted of "strongly disagree" or "strongly agree" questions. Thereafter, I received a phone call for a phone interview, and was asked simple "what would you do" interview questions.

Interview Questions
    You are allowed some room to negotiate, however my advice is to do it with the hiring manager and not your branch manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2010.

One phone interview and one in person interview. FBI background check, finger prints, and urine type drug test.

Interview Questions
    Not able to negotiate. Was offered the average wage for my position.

Anonymous Employee  in  La Plata, MO
    Anonymous Employee in La Plata, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2011.

Phone interview with HR/2 days later offered Branch Interview/interviewed with Branch Mgr & Asst Branch Mgr-very friendly & personable. Situation and circumstance questions like: tell me about a time you overcame an objection with your boss/tell me about a time you handled a disagreement with a co-worker/how do you handle it when you don't reach a set goal/ Questions were in a format of about a 10 page packet with questions they could choose from. HR highly involved in process.

Anonymous Employee  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in December 2010.

Phone Interview-HR called to schedule the phone interview for the same day, since I wanted to be prepared I asked if it could be done the next morning they did. HR called exactly on time, it was very formal not chit chatty at all.

Interview Questions
    • Name one time you had an unhappy customer and were able to make them happy?   View Answer
    • Asked why left all previous employers and did leave on good terms.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2008.

I first took a quick numbers and morality test. That was easy. Then I had to do an interview with a recruiter and that was more of a behavioral/personality interview. They asked me five questions about being a good employee. Overall, the whole process was quick and easy. Nothing much about the company was asked of me.

Interview Questions
    • What is one trait that you like most about yourself? Or one trait that you think that you possess that is a positive?   View Answer
    • What is one situation that you overcame or didnt overcome?   View Answer
    Since this is not a high paying job or commission based, it went fairly well.

Anonymous Employee  in  Woodridge, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2010.

I waited forever to get this interview i spoke to about 3 recrutiers then i was schedualed for an interview with the branch manager. It went very smooth because i had 4 mo of experiance. H asked me general questions and we compared my previous bank and pnc. The manager said he really like me and that so far i was in the lead for the position. When i left he said he was sure to see me again. A week went buy and no call yet. I was very disapointed but then again it was ok because i lived 23 miles away and the pay sucked 9.30 for teller. I emailed the manager and no response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2008.

applied on line and got a call within a week. had an interview with a recruiter and was send to have an interview with the manager right after.the teller supervisor was not in that day so I had to come back the next day for the interview with him (he really didn't care). Was offered a job the next day

Interview Questions
    No, turnover is really big they have set rates

Anonymous Employee  in  Ridgely, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Ridgely, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2009.

I applied online for a PT teller position with a local PNC branch. I got called the next week and had an immediate phone interview. Following the phone interview, the lady scheduled me for an in-person interview with the branch manager.
    I went in for my interview, dressed in a suit and tie (may have overdone it a little), and spoke with the branch manager who was very friendly and easy-going. He asked me the basic questions, such as to tell him about myself, why I want to work there, and he asked me a few "Tell me about a time you....." questions.
    Afterward though, I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for an upset customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Harrisburg, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2009.

The workers at PNC were very nice and asked a lot of questions regarding the position. I had asked to be e-mailed when there is any open position, and they immediately e-mailed me when a position was open. So that was really good to be sent that information; keeps me from looking at their web site every day or every other day.

Interview Questions
    • If we were to call your former employees, what would they say about you?   View Answers (2)