PNC Financial Services Group Teller Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL
Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2010.

I waited forever to get this interview i spoke to about 3 recrutiers then i was schedualed for an interview with the branch manager. It went very smooth because i had 4 mo of experiance. H asked me general questions and we compared my previous bank and pnc. The manager said he really like me and that so far i was in the lead for the position. When i left he said he was sure to see me again. A week went buy and no call yet. I was very disapointed but then again it was ok because i lived 23 miles away and the pay sucked 9.30 for teller. I emailed the manager and no response.

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Teller Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2010.

I really don't remember to much about it. Cash handling questions...6 months prior experience was the requirement at the time. Had to be bonded and fingerprinted. Not hard at all. Attendance is a big issue and being on time, especially if you are opening the branch.

Interview Questions
    I am not a negotiator, so I just accepted what they offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2010.

Personality assessment following the online application, HR phone call, HR phone interview, followed by a face-to-face interview with the manager

Interview Questions
    • Asked about prior customer service, cash handling, & sales experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2010.

One phone interview and one in person interview. FBI background check, finger prints, and urine type drug test.

Interview Questions
    Not able to negotiate. Was offered the average wage for my position.

Anonymous Employee in Ridgely, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Ridgely, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2009.

I applied online for a PT teller position with a local PNC branch. I got called the next week and had an immediate phone interview. Following the phone interview, the lady scheduled me for an in-person interview with the branch manager.
    I went in for my interview, dressed in a suit and tie (may have overdone it a little), and spoke with the branch manager who was very friendly and easy-going. He asked me the basic questions, such as to tell him about myself, why I want to work there, and he asked me a few "Tell me about a time you....." questions.
    Afterward though, I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for an upset customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2009.

The workers at PNC were very nice and asked a lot of questions regarding the position. I had asked to be e-mailed when there is any open position, and they immediately e-mailed me when a position was open. So that was really good to be sent that information; keeps me from looking at their web site every day or every other day.

Interview Questions
    • If we were to call your former employees, what would they say about you?   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2008.

I first took a quick numbers and morality test. That was easy. Then I had to do an interview with a recruiter and that was more of a behavioral/personality interview. They asked me five questions about being a good employee. Overall, the whole process was quick and easy. Nothing much about the company was asked of me.

Interview Questions
    • What is one trait that you like most about yourself? Or one trait that you think that you possess that is a positive?   View Answer
    • What is one situation that you overcame or didnt overcome?   View Answer
    Since this is not a high paying job or commission based, it went fairly well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2008.

applied on line and got a call within a week. had an interview with a recruiter and was send to have an interview with the manager right after.the teller supervisor was not in that day so I had to come back the next day for the interview with him (he really didn't care). Was offered a job the next day

Interview Questions
    No, turnover is really big they have set rates

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2012.

I applied online then a day later i received an email to set up phone interview. Couple days later i did the phone interview. It consisted of basic behavioral questions, your current job, experience etc.. then I received an email to do an online assessment and to complete an application. About 2 weeks later i received another email for an invite to a group interview. The group interview took about 1 hour and a half. It consisted of a panel of 4 managers from different branches and 7 interviewees including myself. Basically took turns going around the table answering basic interview questions. The next day i received a call from one of the branch managers with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell a time when you had to deal with an angry customer. What actions did you take? What steps did you take to solve the problem? What was the end result?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

i applied online and received a call about a week later for a "phone interview", which consisted of someone asking me questions that i had already answered when i applied. i was sent a link for the "teller assessment test" which had little to do with being a teller, and more to determine if your personal moral code made allowances for stealing and if you were proficient at sales. after lying or exaggerating on nearly every question to make myself appear upstanding, i was sent a link to schedule a group interview for the following week.
    upon arrival, i was escorted to the interview room where 6 pnc employees sat at a long table across from us, like some sort of tribunal upon which our destiny hangs in the balance.
    they asked run of the mill questions but having other candidates hear your answers was very awkward and created a competitive "i caught one this big!" vibe, resulting in people recounting tales of their courageous acts of customer service, most of which were obviously lies. the last person who answered said she accidentally cured cancer while calling for a price check. or something like that. (see questions section).
    about half way through, i knew i didnt get the job because some obnoxious woman with boring, super long stories about how great she perceives herself to be is exactly the type of annoying people they love to hire. if youre a little on the introverted side, like me, group interviews = never getting a job.

Interview Questions
    • 1. name, why you want to be a teller, what was your last job, what are your skills.
      i covered each one in my answer yet i was asked "what are your skills" with a healthy dose of attitude like i had skipped over it because i'm incompetent... meaning she wasnt even listening to me in the first place.

Answer Question
    • 2. recall a time when you went the extra mile for a customer, what was the outcome, and how did it impact the customer and how did it impact you.
      the answers quickly went from simple (i bought them a beverage) to heart-wrenching (i gave a cancer patient a full makeover) to heroic (i made a blind man see!). and though i was silently scoffing in my chair, i could tell they were eating it up like candy on christmas.

Answer Question
    • 3. what was your most significant sales experience and what did you learn about yourself.
      whatever THAT means.

Answer Question
    • 4. what are your career goals, how will being a teller help in your epic quest to achieve said goals,
      since my only goal is to have a job, i just made something up.