PNC Financial Services Group Teller Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Harrisburg, PA
Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2009.

The workers at PNC were very nice and asked a lot of questions regarding the position. I had asked to be e-mailed when there is any open position, and they immediately e-mailed me when a position was open. So that was really good to be sent that information; keeps me from looking at their web site every day or every other day.

Interview Questions
  • If we were to call your former employees, what would they say about you?   View Answers (2)

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2008.

The corporate office handles the initial call and does a basic screening. Will you be able to travel to work? Can you work the requested hours? What is the minimum and maximum you're willing to be paid? When are you available for an interview? Based on whatever you say, the branch manager of the actual branch will call and schedule one. Mine was very short due to such a friendly manner and my previous experience as a teller and working customer service. She asked me about my worst experience with a customer and how I turned it around? She also asked me how well I get along with others. And what is the best and worst trait of my personality?

Interview Questions
    During the initial talk with the recruiter in the corporate office, my compensation was discussed then.

Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2012.

I applied online then a day later i received an email to set up phone interview. Couple days later i did the phone interview. It consisted of basic behavioral questions, your current job, experience etc.. then I received an email to do an online assessment and to complete an application. About 2 weeks later i received another email for an invite to a group interview. The group interview took about 1 hour and a half. It consisted of a panel of 4 managers from different branches and 7 interviewees including myself. Basically took turns going around the table answering basic interview questions. The next day i received a call from one of the branch managers with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell a time when you had to deal with an angry customer. What actions did you take? What steps did you take to solve the problem? What was the end result?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

i applied online and received a call about a week later for a "phone interview", which consisted of someone asking me questions that i had already answered when i applied. i was sent a link for the "teller assessment test" which had little to do with being a teller, and more to determine if your personal moral code made allowances for stealing and if you were proficient at sales. after lying or exaggerating on nearly every question to make myself appear upstanding, i was sent a link to schedule a group interview for the following week.
    upon arrival, i was escorted to the interview room where 6 pnc employees sat at a long table across from us, like some sort of tribunal upon which our destiny hangs in the balance.
    they asked run of the mill questions but having other candidates hear your answers was very awkward and created a competitive "i caught one this big!" vibe, resulting in people recounting tales of their courageous acts of customer service, most of which were obviously lies. the last person who answered said she accidentally cured cancer while calling for a price check. or something like that. (see questions section).
    about half way through, i knew i didnt get the job because some obnoxious woman with boring, super long stories about how great she perceives herself to be is exactly the type of annoying people they love to hire. if youre a little on the introverted side, like me, group interviews = never getting a job.

Interview Questions
    • 1. name, why you want to be a teller, what was your last job, what are your skills.
      i covered each one in my answer yet i was asked "what are your skills" with a healthy dose of attitude like i had skipped over it because i'm incompetent... meaning she wasnt even listening to me in the first place.
        Answer Question
    • 2. recall a time when you went the extra mile for a customer, what was the outcome, and how did it impact the customer and how did it impact you.
      the answers quickly went from simple (i bought them a beverage) to heart-wrenching (i gave a cancer patient a full makeover) to heroic (i made a blind man see!). and though i was silently scoffing in my chair, i could tell they were eating it up like candy on christmas.
        Answer Question
    • 3. what was your most significant sales experience and what did you learn about yourself.
      whatever THAT means.
        Answer Question
    • 4. what are your career goals, how will being a teller help in your epic quest to achieve said goals,
      since my only goal is to have a job, i just made something up.

Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2012.

i applied online, it took one day for the recruiter to call me back. She asked me a few questions about my sales experience and my previous employers.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate as the offer was very close to what I desired

Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2012.

A rep. from PNC called me back imediately, to conduct an phone interview , which lead to me taking the online assesement test. Everything was going fine....but at the last min. HR called me back and said that another rep. had already filled the postion... I guess we just didn"t get it done in time.. The Rep. was very knd and helpful...I hope this helps...

Interview Questions
    • One question they ask is What makes you a good canidate for this position?...   Answer Question

Teller Interview

The process took 4 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2012.

I applied for the teller position online, got a call to set up a phone interview. I just had the phone interview with the banks recruiter. She asked me few normal questions and explained about the the schedule., salary etc. and she told she will be calling me for next process and asked what time i am available during this week. Hopefully she will call me for the further....and offer me a job.

Interview Questions
    • How did you make a unhappy customer happy   View Answer
    • How do you cross sell a product?   View Answer
    • She asked whether I am available for part time hours   View Answer

Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2010.

Put in my resume online and within 24 hours was e-mailed to fill out an application. A day after that I was called to set up a phone interview for the next day. Had the phone interview (why PNC, tell me about a time when a customer..., how important is team work to you) and then my information was forwarded to a branch manager. The branch manager called the next day to set up interview for the next day. Went to that interview, was asked the same questions as phone interview, it was uncomfortable. Two days later the original recruiter called to tell me that I didn't get it but the branch manager wanted me to interview at a different location. Did that interview as well with the same questions, however was not called again.

Teller Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2010.

I applied online for the position as a teller at PNC and the very next day I was called for a one on one interview. I set up the interview for 2 days later. When going in I immediately noticed how friendly everyone there was. The interview was surprisingly laid back. The two woman I spoke to were very friendly, asked me a few questions about my past experience, and explained a few things about the company to me. I felt like the management was really just trying to see if the personality fit above everything else. Unfortunately there was A LOT of competition for the position

Interview Questions
    • Describe a negative experience you had in customer service   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2008.

From the time of taking the test to the interview to HR getting back to me the whole process was two weeks

Interview Questions
    • What could I bring into the bank to be able to get referrals   Answer Question