PNC Financial Services Group

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through internatl job posting. They interviewed 4 candidates of which I was the only internal candidate. The interview was a one hour panel interview with 4 interviewers. All questions were behavioral.

Pittsburgh, PA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2009.

Interview Details – I initially had a pre-screen phone interview with a recruiter from PNC. This was very brief - about 5 minutes. Very general questions about my past work experience and salary expectations. I said a minimum of 50k. The recruiter then set a 1:1 interview with a operations manager. Again, this was also very short - 15 minutes or so. I have about 7 years of relevant experience and knew several employees who would give me a good referral so this may be why it was such a short process. Mainly interview was about my experience and expectations of new role.

Interview Question – What is your salary expectations?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I got offered 50k - countered to 55k. They held steady and I decided to accept. Best advice would be to ask for 55k-60k - my understanding is that 50-55 is the normal salary.

Philadelphia, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2009.

Interview Details – Basic questions about your background. Some basic behavioral questions that aren't tough. Then some easy technical questions about the financial statements. Namely the balance sheet and income statement.

Interview Question – Walk us through the balance sheet   View Answer

Underwriter

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – Received a call from a recruiter and had a brief chat about my resume. 5 Days later got a call from the hiring manager and had a 25 minute interview about my background and the opportunities at the bank. Brought in for a face to face interview, both 1 on 1 and in a group about a week later. Got on well with everyone involved and felt PNC did a great job describing the company.

Interview Question – Describe your career path to me   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got a better offer elsewhere.

Interviews for Top Jobs at PNC Financial Services Group

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!

PNC Financial Services Group Videos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PNC Financial Services Group Underwriter interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by PNC Financial Services Group employees and interview candidates.