PNC Financial Services Group

Very Easy Interview

HC BB Interview

HC BB
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in December 2010.

Interview Details – good but depends on dept and mgnr

Interview Question – where do you see yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy

Financial Specialist Interview

Financial Specialist
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2013.

Interview Details – It is a series (meaning 10+) of interviews. Phone interviews are with the investment side or HR. In person interviews are with retail bank staff.

Interview Question – Answering process questions on the bank side. If you've never worked at a bank, you will need an interpreter.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They called with an offer after verifying my previous salary.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2012.

Interview Details – Quick process interview is large group first then if filtered through goes on to individual branch managers

Interview Question – customer service experiences in past   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very little room negotiation.

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details – First got an email telling me that they wanted to set up a group interview with me. The interview went pretty well I believe. It was in a place where you had to get checked in and all of that. There was probably about 12 people in the room including the 3 people that already worked for PNC. After the group interview, I got a call asking if I had already been informed that they had wanted to move forward. They set me up with an individual interview with one branch and then there was a long waiting process, had to call them a couple times. Then I was set up with another individual interview at another branch. The total process ook about 3-4 months to finally get hired at a place very different then where I orginally started.

Interview Question – Not very difficult questions; however, you kind of expect that given the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase was very quick. It was about 2 yes or no questions long.

ACCEL Program- Retail/Business Banking, Financial Specialist Interview

ACCEL Program- Retail/Business Banking, Financial Specialist
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – Initial on campus interview (very quickly found out- within a day or two if you were invited to the next round). Final round "Superday" consisted a reception Thursday night followed 3 one on one interviews in quick succession on Friday. You are given one of three time slots. The early morning, late morning, or afternoon. I had the early morning interview, which started with breakfast at 7 AM and I was finished with the 3 interviews by 9:30 AM.

Interview Question – Make sure to follow up with Thank You Notes immediately after the interview via email. I was told by a peer that they selected candidates by the end of the day, so hand written notes are not necessary.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2012.

Interview Details – Calls from different recruiters with conflicting answers to same questions; recrutiers
rush through calls, don't have answers, poorly informed, non-professional, rude.
Many openings but all commission driven with lousy benefits. Seems like they
are deperate. Recruities don't understand market.

Reason for Declining – Offer to meet with hiring mgr but called it off...job not clearly defined...poor recruiting.

Pcg Rm Interview

Pcg Rm
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed for the position 1:1 with group manager after 2 telephone interviews (1 HR, the other brief chat with the 1:1 hiring manager I would later meet in person).

Everyone was very friendly and pleasant however the follow up is very poor. I received a call the next day offering me to consider a different location and was told that they really liked me. Was told that there would be good news for me within a few days. I was never contacted back and my follow up emails/voice mails were never returned. Group manager asked generic questions off of sheet some of which pertained to the position, manager also took calls on his cell phone during the interview in which I felt disrespected.

Interview Questions

Teller Interview

Teller
Washington, DC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview - basic. First a Group Interview where basic interview questions asked by a group of PNC employers. Then follow up with a 1:1 interview at the branch you will work at. Then a drug test/finger printing.

Interview Questions

• They asked me 2 weaknesses and 2 strengths that I had.   Answer Question
  • Describe the moment you were most proud of while working in retail.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Everyone's pretty much paid a set hourly wage

Accel Program Interview

Accel Program
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2010.

Interview Details – There were three back to back interviews with different managers in the area. They asked very standard questions (describe a time when you made a presentation, describe a time you had a conflict)

Interview Question – Describe a presentation you gave   Answer Question

Banking Interview

Banking
Washington, DC

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2010.

Interview Details – One on one interview, followed by a "Super Day" which consisted of three interviews with 2 people each.

Interview Question – Why PNC?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple. Offered. Accepted.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!

PNC Financial Services Group Videos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PNC Financial Services Group interview questions and advice in Washington, DC. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by PNC Financial Services Group employees and interview candidates.