PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.3

Financial Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2013.

It is a series (meaning 10+) of interviews. Phone interviews are with the investment side or HR. In person interviews are with retail bank staff.

Interview Questions
    • Answering process questions on the bank side. If you've never worked at a bank, you will need an interpreter.   View Answer
    They called with an offer after verifying my previous salary.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

First got an email telling me that they wanted to set up a group interview with me. The interview went pretty well I believe. It was in a place where you had to get checked in and all of that. There was probably about 12 people in the room including the 3 people that already worked for PNC. After the group interview, I got a call asking if I had already been informed that they had wanted to move forward. They set me up with an individual interview with one branch and then there was a long waiting process, had to call them a couple times. Then I was set up with another individual interview at another branch. The total process ook about 3-4 months to finally get hired at a place very different then where I orginally started.

Interview Questions
    • Not very difficult questions; however, you kind of expect that given the job.   Answer Question
    Negotiation phase was very quick. It was about 2 yes or no questions long.

ACCEL Program- Retail/Business Banking, Financial Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2012.

Initial on campus interview (very quickly found out- within a day or two if you were invited to the next round). Final round "Superday" consisted a reception Thursday night followed 3 one on one interviews in quick succession on Friday. You are given one of three time slots. The early morning, late morning, or afternoon. I had the early morning interview, which started with breakfast at 7 AM and I was finished with the 3 interviews by 9:30 AM.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure to follow up with Thank You Notes immediately after the interview via email. I was told by a peer that they selected candidates by the end of the day, so hand written notes are not necessary.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2012.

Quick process interview is large group first then if filtered through goes on to individual branch managers

Interview Questions
    very little room negotiation.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2012.

Calls from different recruiters with conflicting answers to same questions; recrutiers
    rush through calls, don't have answers, poorly informed, non-professional, rude.
    Many openings but all commission driven with lousy benefits. Seems like they
    are deperate. Recruities don't understand market.

Offer to meet with hiring mgr but called it off...job not clearly defined...poor recruiting.

Pcg Rm Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2011.

Interviewed for the position 1:1 with group manager after 2 telephone interviews (1 HR, the other brief chat with the 1:1 hiring manager I would later meet in person).

Everyone was very friendly and pleasant however the follow up is very poor. I received a call the next day offering me to consider a different location and was told that they really liked me. Was told that there would be good news for me within a few days. I was never contacted back and my follow up emails/voice mails were never returned. Group manager asked generic questions off of sheet some of which pertained to the position, manager also took calls on his cell phone during the interview in which I felt disrespected.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2011.

Phone interview - basic. First a Group Interview where basic interview questions asked by a group of PNC employers. Then follow up with a 1:1 interview at the branch you will work at. Then a drug test/finger printing.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me 2 weaknesses and 2 strengths that I had.   Answer Question
    • Describe the moment you were most proud of while working in retail.   View Answer
    Everyone's pretty much paid a set hourly wage

HC BB Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in December 2010.

good but depends on dept and mgnr

easy

Accel Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2010.

There were three back to back interviews with different managers in the area. They asked very standard questions (describe a time when you made a presentation, describe a time you had a conflict)

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2010.

Initially received an email indicating that a current employee had referred me to the company, and a link to view available positions. After applying for a position online and positing my resume I received a phone call from the recruited within 2 days for a phone interview lasting about 15 minutes. I then had individual interviews scheduled with tow different district managers. Both interviews were very free formed and relaxed. There were no behavioral based questions, but just general questions about myself and my philosophy as a manager. At the end of the second interview the district manager extended me an offer, and I was called the next day by the recruiter with the specific terms of the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most important quality that you look for when hiring employees?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you had a consistently underperforming employee?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate officer rank, vacation days as well as salary.